Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Mission 19: Knock Knock  (Read 29537 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Mission 19: Knock Knock
« on: April 14, 2015, 01:27:53 pm »

Joker team doesn't wake up in the normal way. They wake up clothed and gear up, sore and stiff, feeling like they've been lying around for a while in their suits. They're laying on the ground in a room that's unfamiliar to them; some kind of secondary hanger that's far smaller then the one they're used to. The synthflesh avatar of steve, now sporting a green stripe straight down the center of his face and on both shoulders, is standing over them. Behind him is something...strange. It looks like a hole in the room, a black mass that lacks any kind of detail and which is impossible to determine the shape of, or the distance it is away from them. It lacks all points of reference.

>Sorry about the rude awakening, we didn't have time for you to wake up like normal so we got you geared up and sent here directly.  So lets not mince words shall we? This thing, the black nothing behind me, is your ship. Product of our Heph boys, coated in a substance that absorbs all light which hits it. Most waves as well. Makes seeing it fairly difficult. It's what you're gonna be using to get to the ship. It has  standard rocket engines but you'll be moving via automanipulator drive, at least on the way there. The plan is to bring you in as close as possible, match speeds, and then open the hatch and let you go to work.  You'll be too close for the ship to retaliate directly, but it may try to maneuver away if you take too long. From that point on, it's up to you. I'll stay in control of the ship, you do what you need to do.

Sound good or was there something else you wanted to do?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 19: Knock Knock
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 02:00:33 pm »

I"m good to go, Steve."

Gather up all Yancy's gear and find the open hatch button and board.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 03:31:50 pm »

"Ready"

Question, mostly for Thaddeus. Am I bringing my laser cannon and number gun?, or just the weapons you gave me.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 04:24:17 pm »

((Just the weapons I assigned you. Don't want any accidents to happen.))

"Alright, we all know the drill here. Let's head to our cutting spot."

Gather gear, wait for everyone else, and board the black hole ship.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 11:08:17 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 10:03:39 pm »

Gear up and board the ship.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 03:16:20 am »

steal the ships armor plating

Jump in the magic space hole and prepare for boarding.

((You guys heard of nervablack?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 04:21:43 am »

Gear up and follow the team leader

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 12:53:33 pm »

Milno's already there to see the Joker team off, wearing his black MkIII and holding his bronze-colored helmet under his left arm. He's added a couple of battle stims to the mission loadout just in case, expecting them to make a difference in case shit starts going downhill like it usually does. "Good luck and don't mess up." he says, as short and to the point as always as he sends them off.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 02:01:42 pm »

Getting into the ship requires some effort. The ship's only defining feature is its outline, the shape of it is the only thing you can perceive. However, that shape changes depending on the angle you're looking at it from, so it's quite easy to walk straight into sections that are jutting forward if you come at them straight on, rather then from the side where you can see their shape. Steve helps the team around to the back of the ship and opens the rear hatch for them. They pile in and it closes behind them.  The ride is, fairly boring honestly. The ship has no gravity so the team spends several hours sitting around, strapped into their chairs, waiting. The more technically minded among them poke their heads into the cockpit or fiddle with the gear given to them. Maneuvering packs are tried on and tested, spraying small jets of compressed gas and pushing their riders around the room. Rifles are checked and rechecked. Finally, the intercom crackles.

>We are matching velocity and closing in now. I'll be opening the rear hatch in 2 minutes, 35 seconds. Get ready.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 02:17:47 pm »

"Stay together and move quick. Let's not give this ship anytime to react to us."

Head out, as a group, towards the ship. Using the map of the ship, and my cam-eyes, go to a spot more towards the main computer than the robot storage, lining up on the hallway with robot storage to the front and the main computer behind us.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 04:45:06 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 04:26:24 pm »

"Affirmative, Big Boss!"

Shoulder goop thrower and prepare to embark with the group
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 05:08:03 pm »

activate magnet boots and walk to rear hatch, prepare for drop.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 11:57:59 pm »

Check gear, ready up for boarding.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 12:00:07 pm »

Head out, stick with team leader.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 12:48:19 pm »

Get ready.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20