Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 76975 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #255 on: May 15, 2015, 05:09:19 pm »

Become one with the ground. Firm, indestructible.... you know what i'm gonna get closer to Miya's hole.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2015, 07:10:31 pm »

Be prepared to dodge "Well, it looks like I'm going to be super useful this mission..."
I'd like to see how you dodge, johnny no legs.

((I could roll to the side? =P)) Be prepared to shoot anything that looks like Haebi. If Stan shows up again, shoot for the arms, or legs... or whatever the mutating part is
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 15, 2015, 08:15:56 pm »

Fire a molten shell from my hand cannon at the weird valley to the North.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:33:27 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 15, 2015, 09:43:12 pm »

Just keep an eye on the area nearby, and just keep shooting any fungus that show up.

Nunzillor

« Reply #259 on: May 16, 2015, 03:10:06 pm »

"Hahaha!  The INVISIBLE need fear nothing!!  You hear?  NOTHING!"

Dig a deeper trench.  Then, turn shovel to a spear and scan the horizon.  Only then, take a moment to revel in invisibility.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 16, 2015, 05:31:01 pm »

Stay deep within the trench.

"Getcher head down, you idiot!"

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 16, 2015, 06:59:49 pm »

Keep an eye on areas that are not north and thus are not blocked by a block
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Nunzillor

« Reply #262 on: May 16, 2015, 09:42:01 pm »

"Don't worry, we're fucking INVISIBLE!"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 09:47:17 pm by Nunzillor »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 17, 2015, 05:14:55 am »

Continue hiding out of sight in jeep. Pray for robot overlord to be done quickly so that I don't have to fire the mindfuck gun
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #264 on: May 18, 2015, 04:35:45 pm »

Replace brain for a fresh one (the better one, of exceptional quality). Ask Steve what it means when the red line on the eeg tarts to wiggle. Then continue digging. If possible, use my legs to push the avatar body against the walls of the pit so that, when the cavern is breached, I won't fall down. Try to make sure only a little bit of slag will fall down. Once breached, check out what's below, and drop down if it seems safe and I won't land on top of the brainstem or anything important/dangerous.
Also, small question, if I wanna cut that brainstem using my monorazor naginata, would that still be uncon? Is there any way it'd become a handi roll?

"I'm almost there troopers, stay frosty. "

Switching, If I remember right, I said was a medical roll. What with you needing to switch out all the right tubes and such. You have a -1 on that too. Hehe.

[6]

Well, you get them switched. Thats the good news. The bad news is that you end up fusing several parts and locking hoses and wires in such a way that the brain and the Manip can never be separated again, at least not without destroying one of them.

Steve tells you that it means the Brain is starting to experience cell death via stress. The more the wiggle, the more damage is done.

You finally cut into the cavern, letting a small amount of slag dribble in as you move the stone plug out of the way and hang on to the wall to get a good look down. The cavern seems relatively wide reaching, but not very tall. You can probably fit if you crawl, but good luck doing much else.

As soon as you start to lower yourself down you feel like someone conked you on the forehead with the butt of their palm. Your eyes cross and you almost fall from the ceiling but you catch yourself.

It doesn't seem to want you around here.

"Right, drag the wounded behind the rock, and you two lying in the shallow grave? Might wanna make that a bit deeper. Also, I feel the need to tell you lot to not stick your heads around the corner. Should be obvious, but there's always the slow one who doesn't quite get it. Anyone who isn't tending to an injured teammate, scan the horizon, look for some weird toadstool shapes, I think they're what's sniping us."

This jeep has rearview mirrors, right? Rip one off and use it to peer around the slab of stone, I want to check out what exactly the Haebi are using for ammunition.
You tear off a mirror and use it to look around the rock. From this perspective you can see the patch of toadstools better. Turns out their initial appearence was an optical illusion of sorts: The thin, rounded heads are actually long tubes you were straight straight at, and the tubes are attached to thick stalks in the ground. You can't see much from the distance, but the tubes appear to be angling themselves up towards the sky. A few of them start firing, the stalks bending back all the way to the ground before bouncing back into place.

Become one with the ground. Firm, indestructible.... you know what i'm gonna get closer to Miya's hole.
You crawl over to the edge of Miya's hole and look down.

"Hey....can I like...Crash here for a day or so? Just till my paycheck comes."

Be prepared to dodge "Well, it looks like I'm going to be super useful this mission..."
I'd like to see how you dodge, johnny no legs.

((I could roll to the side? =P)) Be prepared to shoot anything that looks like Haebi. If Stan shows up again, shoot for the arms, or legs... or whatever the mutating part is
(And then You start randomly shooting the planet because it's all Haebi, all the way up, baby.)
You roll around in the jeep, drooling.

Fire a molten shell from my hand cannon at the weird valley to the North.
I'm gonna save you the time: it doesn't have the range required. Things are at least half a mile away. If not more. Your cannon is like a handheld grenade launcher, not a mortar.

Just keep an eye on the area nearby, and just keep shooting any fungus that show up.
You see something coming in; seems the distant "gun" fungi are starting to lob their shots over the jeep's cover. You let the team know via screaming "ARTILLERY STRIKE INCOMING!" and flying around like a humming bird on cocaine.

Stay deep within the trench.

Continue hiding out of sight in jeep. Pray for robot overlord to be done quickly so that I don't have to fire the mindfuck gun
Cowardice Intensifies

"Hahaha!  The INVISIBLE need fear nothing!!  You hear?  NOTHING!"

Dig a deeper trench.  Then, turn shovel to a spear and scan the horizon.  Only then, take a moment to revel in invisibility.
You dig the trench another foot deeper and the roughly reforge the shovel into a sharp stick.

The only sound as the rounds come down is a soft hiss and the crunch of the spikes penetrating stone like a hypodermic needle slicing through gelatin. Vincent, the universe's punching bag these days, takes one straight to the gut, and it pulls a good length of his intestine out and down into the car seat under him. Eddie is lucky; the shot catches him in the head but the milno-plate holds and the round deflects of. Unfortunately it hits with enough force to knock him clean unconscious and maybe break his neck. And Kyle takes one straight through the back, the shoulder blade, the right lung and out the front into the ground.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2015, 04:54:46 pm »

((Yeah, no, switching brains takes an aux roll. Or at least it did untill now. You can bet I wouldn't be doing it myself if it needed a med roll. I have proof:
As long as you keep the brains in their individual life support systems, then all you need to do is roll Aux to uncouple them and install the new brain. And the Output thing is already on it.
So, I can assume all that damage is undone, and I just switched it with no problem? Also, paris said that manip brains don't regain mindpoints during mission for some reason. Is this true? If yes, why? And why is it not indicated anywhere, since that seems like a pretty important mechanic change?))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:04:29 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 18, 2015, 04:58:24 pm »

Fucking hell goddamnit fucking planet, Ryan thinks to himself. "Get me a fucking feed of the things if you aren't going to shoot them! They're organics, they fry like the rest!"

If no one fires and I get a feed, fry one of the fucking mushroomguns with a concentrated (small) ball of heat, say, around 300 Celcius. If there's no feed, be just generally pissed off while sitting in a hole.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 18, 2015, 05:04:23 pm »

Ow, oh shit. Start spray the holes with flesh kniter

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2015, 05:08:56 pm »

"Cavern breached. This thing is kinda small though. I'll see if I can reach that cluster, but if not I'm gonna need some of you guys to come down here to cut it."

Look around, search for the cluster. Use cameyes if needed. Follow nerves if I can't seem to find it immediately. And again, same question: does cutting that brain with the naginata use uncon?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nunzillor

« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2015, 07:41:18 pm »

"Creating ceiling of heat to protect trench, comb willing.  Tek hopes you get that feed, fellow invisible man.  If you don't, you might want to consider reinforcing the ceiling. 

As for those in the jeep... Good luck!"

Create a thin but intense ceiling of heat parallel to the trench and about 10 feet above it to destroy any incoming projectiles.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:53:38 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45