Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chemical Reactions [0.40.24]  (Read 2854 times)

RC1359

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Cave Dweller
    • View Profile
Chemical Reactions [0.40.24]
« on: April 15, 2015, 07:51:43 pm »

Also works on 0.34.11.
Untested on any other version besides those two, however I do not believe that I use any tags specific to any one version. Should work fine on others.
May be very buggy and very over powered; I intend to tweak reactions and make some or all require fuel. Still heavily in development, this is intended to get it out so I can have more help testing than two people!
Add requests for new compounds to be added to be recomposed, I will put a list of planned features so far so that multiple ones are not requested. I may make a denied list, however I can't think of a reason I would neglect to put a reaction in here. Note that I did "create" element 120, Dwarfium, to be the main component of adamantine.

VERSION 0.1 r0 "SUN"

Buildings
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Decomposition

Recomposition

Planned

This is no where near a complete list, I just haven't actually bothered to make a list yet. I am unsure of where I want to take this mod, however, I do want it to be a viable alternative to conventional methods, not so much that makes it overpowered, but enough for it to offer incentive to be used rather than a standard method.

Download
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:31:11 pm by RC1359 »
Chemical Reactions (0.40.x)
The !!!SCIENCE!!! of real life mixed with the !!!FUN!!! of dwarf fortress.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Chemical Reactions [0.40.24]
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 05:55:20 am »

I was expecting something along the lines or oil of vitriol or aqua regis (RL alchemy or basic chemistry), but this is neat too.

Did you check your forge menu, because I think all your elements will show up in it and will clutter the lists. It might be better to use POWDER_MISC instead of bars and use jugs or jars. Makes it easier for stockpiling and easier to mix different solutions.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RC1359

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Cave Dweller
    • View Profile
Re: Chemical Reactions [0.40.24]
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 08:28:50 pm »

I was expecting something along the lines or oil of vitriol or aqua regis (RL alchemy or basic chemistry), but this is neat too.

Did you check your forge menu, because I think all your elements will show up in it and will clutter the lists. It might be better to use POWDER_MISC instead of bars and use jugs or jars. Makes it easier for stockpiling and easier to mix different solutions.

Duly noted, however for now I am effectively re-writing the mod because I decided I didn't like how it was going. I do intend to try to create my own material so that the elements won't clutter other workshops, however I am still relatively new to modding dwarf fortress and I am still learning. I am working on a new release that will introduce polyatomic ions, compound, four new buildings for ion composition/decomposition, and compound composition/decomposition, and I may start creating new items that can be created, however I think next I will try to work with material definition tokens to create a better experience when working with other workshops.
Chemical Reactions (0.40.x)
The !!!SCIENCE!!! of real life mixed with the !!!FUN!!! of dwarf fortress.