Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hammershoots: Forest in the middle of the tundra.  (Read 903 times)

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hammershoots: Forest in the middle of the tundra.
« on: April 15, 2015, 09:29:37 pm »

We got 3 spots left to claim for the original 6, you can still take em if ya want em'.

Noodles Journal, 15th of Granite

So, We finally arrived at our designation, a forest in the wasteland of the cold, like an oasis in the desert. Oh Joy. Why couldn't our destination have been in a nice forest that will not freeze everything that walks in the area. All considering we had to trek across the glacier to get here. I doubt we are getting help. Not sure if this is exile for that one thing I did a couple months ago... Bah, none the matter. So we need to initiate a plan. I will report all out findings here on how things go and what not.

Noodles Journal, 18th of Granite

We have started digging into the mountain nearby, we saw a good area we could easily wall off for our own use. I have made blueprints for my office and living quarters for all. Maybe this wont be so bad. Once we get things set up here we shall block off the first entrance just in case.

I am worried of what will come out of the haunted areas around here, it may be just out of sight, but it is not completely gone. Please be skeleton chickens or something.

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hammershoots: Forest in the middle of the tundra.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 09:54:39 pm »

Noodles Journal, 20th of Slate

Fuck.

Well I told Splint to keep watch of it as the rest of us focus on building doors and walls in order not to get beaten to a pulp.

Why did it have to be a yeti?
WHY.

Noodles Journal, 21st of Slate

Every other minute it is raining sludge, we have yet to move everything inside. How does this even happen.

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 10:01:35 pm »

Noodles Journal, 3rd of Felsite

Found the aquifer of the area, luckily it is just one floor so we can start mining.

The problem is it takes more than a month to finish this up. Should be fun until then.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 10:03:58 pm by 95noodles »

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 11:24:21 pm »

Noodles Journal, 18th of Limestone

The weather finally finished off out last cat, shame really. If we could do more we could, except that EVERY FIVE SECONDS sludge falls from the sky. and one of our dogs died same way. At least it is some business for the butcher.

Wait... What are those in the distance? Dwarfs? Here? Who the fuck wants to come to this hellhole. We don't even have a single well yet for clean water, let alone enough living space for all. Whatever, more people for the military

Also the dwarven caravan came today. Liaison came and we discussed trade agreements, nothing too much except for more of any type of food and drink. Adios. I do feel bad for the caravan, the trading post can only be outside the way we are located, so they have to be stuck in the sludge rain. Welcome to our world.