Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Start again with more  things (elf races, werecreatures, necromancers) or stay the course?

Stick to your guns and this thread man, might as well right?
- 3 (21.4%)
Indifferent/ Either is fine
- 2 (14.3%)
Fresh start! More violence! More weres! More Elves!
- 9 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Spiritnet - Need input - Start fresh with additions or continue?  (Read 9802 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Spiritnet - Surrounded by elves. Crocodilian
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2015, 05:45:32 pm »

Hehehe I'll take the knife-user.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spiritnet - Surrounded by elves. Crocodilian
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 06:27:07 pm »

Done and dusted. I'll try for one more update before turning in (been up since 4 AM.)

EDIT: Not gonna make it. Gonna eat, drink, and sleep, pick up tomorrow. Small detail, gonna mass-produce copper hewing spears for shits and giggles.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
Re: Spiritnet - Surrounded by elves. Splintery Death!
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2015, 03:00:40 am »

So you are saying that the reason Senshuken and those under his command couldn't come to the aid of the brothers and sisters in arms is because some idiot locked the door and we couldn't get it open in time?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2015, 06:13:46 am »

So you are saying that the reason Senshuken and those under his command couldn't come to the aid of the brothers and sisters in arms is because some idiot locked the door and we couldn't get it open in time?
I didn't activate them because if Kikrost's team was an indicator, they were probably all scattered around the fort. The only Reason Kubuk's squad was even available was because everyone but Ast was in the log diner (and Ast was on his way to a party up there.)

Fuckin' Kikrost's squad never even made an appearance topside save for the second in the squad.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2015, 02:59:58 pm »

Posting to watch. Incredible introduction, by the way. I can't wait for a sea of Elven blood.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2015, 07:57:39 pm »

Hey guys, I've been thinking, since there's long swathes of tie without really notable stuff, should I take a different approach to this, starting fresh with a new world, or continue as is? I realized a problem may be that all the disparate elf entities are fighting with eachother  due to thier inability to communicate.

Changes would include
Fully diversifying the "elves" with separate creatures, including restoring the vanilla elves as allies (ensuring a steady stream of merchants to kill if nobody else,) as...
- Native Elves (vanilla)
- Insurgent Elves (elves who are on the side of the invasion but native to the region)
- Outland Elves (elves who arrived as part of the invasion and still adherent fully to elven ways)
- Elven Outcasts (elves who've wholly given up on the ways of elf-kind due to being raised by other cultures or wronged by thier own in some manner; treated as slaves and sent into battle by the invaders)
- High Elves (As expected, these fucknuggets are leading the invasion. They support slavery and can make metal weaponry including steel. They think themselves as "Higher" because they're willing to make fuller use of thier enemies' pillaged lands, seeing the use of wood from human and dwarf buildings has long since passed on and thus free to use to make new weapons and armor, in addition to wholeheartedly embracing the use of scavenged weaponry.)
In effect, making a minimod built around the concept of a given region being invaded by elves from elsewhere.

Making all animal men fearless and [CRAZED] to encourage them to attack residents, as I plan to settle a savage biome
Jacking up werebeast count
Including necromancers in gen parameters (in small numbers for a possible chance of zombies.)

I can start a new thread as well if you guys would like.

DerUbermensch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2015, 08:07:48 pm »

Hey guys, I've been thinking, since there's long swathes of tie without really notable stuff, should I take a different approach to this, starting fresh with a new world, or continue as is? I realized a problem may be that all the disparate elf entities are fighting with eachother  due to thier inability to communicate.

Changes would include
Fully diversifying the "elves" with separate creatures, including restoring the vanilla elves as allies (ensuring a steady stream of merchants to kill if nobody else,) as...
- Native Elves (vanilla)
- Insurgent Elves (elves who are on the side of the invasion but native to the region)
- Outland Elves (elves who arrived as part of the invasion and still adherent fully to elven ways)
- Elven Outcasts (elves who've wholly given up on the ways of elf-kind due to being raised by other cultures or wronged by thier own in some manner; treated as slaves and sent into battle by the invaders)
- High Elves (As expected, these fucknuggets are leading the invasion. They support slavery and can make metal weaponry including steel. They think themselves as "Higher" because they're willing to make fuller use of thier enemies' pillaged lands, seeing the use of wood from human and dwarf buildings has long since passed on and thus free to use to make new weapons and armor, in addition to wholeheartedly embracing the use of scavenged weaponry.)
In effect, making a minimod built around the concept of a given region being invaded by elves from elsewhere.

Making all animal men fearless and [CRAZED] to encourage them to attack residents, as I plan to settle a savage biome
Jacking up werebeast count
Including necromancers in gen parameters (in small numbers for a possible chance of zombies.)

I can start a new thread as well if you guys would like.

I vote starting fresh with a new world.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spiritnet - Need input - Start fresh with additions or continue?
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2015, 09:44:11 am »

We can start a Werebadger Fortress, Think of the Possibilities.

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2015, 05:03:49 am »

If you do start a new fort I would like to reserve a founder position if that's ok I'll be the soldier a female dwarf named Jorthriel ( Yor-Three-Ell) who fights with a sword if not can you put her in this fortress or ad her in later if she can't be a founder
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2015, 11:44:35 am »

It looks like a new fort is going to be the outcome. Right now I'm just waiting on some help getting some of the damned elf entities going.  One out of four is funtioning, and I don't even know what in the hell I did differently to make it work.

If you do start a new fort I would like to reserve a founder position if that's ok I'll be the soldier a female dwarf named Jorthriel ( Yor-Three-Ell) who fights with a sword if not can you put her in this fortress or ad her in later if she can't be a founder

I may jack up the starting dwarf count by either one or two for some added muscle because of the werecreatures. I'll also be bringing some extra prefab gear (two bronze spears an extra hauberk and a suit of metal scale armor for our Militia Commander.) If you don't mind using a spear instead I can set you up that way, otherwise I can get you set up with a migrant.

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2015, 12:26:29 pm »

I'm fine with using a spear
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2015, 10:09:00 pm »

I'm fine with using a spear

Then a spear you shall use!

Heads up boys and girls, I've released the minimod. Give it a go, help me determine it's effects and all that. Cause I'm using it to run the new fort!

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2015, 11:08:20 pm »

I think if you do start a new fort it would be best to do it on a new thread even if you don't continue this one just to avoid confusion

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2015, 11:10:50 pm »

That was the plan.
Pages: 1 2 [3]