Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A hopeless attempt to start a nomic  (Read 6073 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
A hopeless attempt to start a nomic
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:27:00 pm »

Since someone brought up the topic long ago, but it died without getting anywhere, Ill try to start one here. For your comvenience, I wil try to sum up the rules in this post for a while. It would be nice if they were in the first post of each(if any) page.

Rules:
1.You may add, remove, or change a rule by posting what you want to do. This rule may not be romoved if it is the only one.
2.all posts must be written in character (RP) and conform to the DF theme.
3.any changes, removing, or adding of any rules must be preceded by a worshipping of Armok. Including Armok himself.
4.all rules shall be made as commandments in the Holy Book of Armok.
5.all rules decreed by Armok haters are to be ingored, and the Armok hater shall recieve one hundred ‼carp‼ to the face.
6.should this thread fall to page two one must bump it whit another rule.
7.in every rule introduced one must also attack another forum member.
8.All posts must be hilarious, non-hilariousness shalt be punished by being attacked by all players for 10 posts.
10.Any Armok haters or compulsive eye-rollers must write the numberings of any rule listing they make in vogon numbers.
9.Any rule listings must be numbered with swiss numbers, to assist in rule refrences.
10.Any Armok haters or compulsive eye-rollers must write the numberings of any rule listing they make in vogon numbers.
11.a) all who participate must have an avatar. b) This avatars physical appearance must be described whit some detail. c) You might only have one avatar, Sc1) but it can be the commander of other forces. d)You must describe an avatar before posting new rules. R11vsR2resA) The avatar might not be a mech, spaceship, or similar, as per rule 2 part 2.
12.All rules and subrules must be named and referenced as per the Tacticus standard.
13.no being alive or otherwise may hold the power of immortality, except those that give the ultimate gift of blood, their own entirely, as discribed by Ntas the Dwarven Sacrificalist in <Dwarven>.

[ January 26, 2008: Message edited by: qwertyuiopas ]

Eh?
Eh!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: A hopeless attempt to start a nomic
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 05:32:00 am »

Rule: all posts must be written in character (RP) and conform to the DF theme.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Kayla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 08:01:00 am »

I, the sinner of sins, have declared that any changes, removing, or adding of any rules must be preceded by a worshipping of Armok. Including Armok himself.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 11:11:00 am »

iv.  All praise be to our master the Sanguine One; henceforth I decree that all rules shall be made as commandments in the Holy Book of Armok.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Fenrir

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 11:18:00 am »

I decree that all rules decreed by Armok haters are to be ingored, and the Armok hater shall recieve one hundred ‼carp‼ to the face.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 12:53:00 pm »

Rule: In my own holy name I forbid this thread from dying, should this thread fall to page two one must bump it whit another rule.

Rule: In effect of my divine authority I declare that in every rule introduced one must also attack another forum member.

Rule: All posts must be hilarious, non-hilariousness shalt be punished by being attacked by all players for 10 posts.

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 01:27:00 pm »

I, the creator of this topic declare that any rule listings must be numbered with swiss numbers, to assist in rule refrences.

Any Armok haters or compulsive eye-rollers must write the numberings of any rule listing they make in vogon numbers.

Eh?
Eh!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 06:41:00 pm »

You broke rule 2, 3, 4, 7 & 8.

The spinning lightning strike qwertyuiopas in the head!
it is bruised!

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 10:22:00 pm »

Aww.....
Oops...
Eh?
Eh!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 08:14:00 am »

Rule 11 "the first Aremokian avatar rule": As the god of blood I mandate that a) all who participate must have an avatar. b) This avatars physical appearance must be described whit some detail. c) You might only have one avatar, Sc1) but it can be the commander of other forces. d)You must describe an avatar before posting new rules. R11vsR2resA) The avatar might not be a mech, spaceship, or similar, as per rule 2 part 2.

Rule 12 "the first Tacticus reference system adoption rule": All rules and subrules must be named and referenced as per the Tacticus standard.

Edit: my avatar:
A demonic kobold, the fur the color not of coal, but of cosmos deepest gravity wells, and just like those the darkness is contrasted by two brilliant fares; eyes the color of red-hot iron.
It wears a blood red cloak and a soft but cruel smile, the claws and teeth are made from stainless steel.
It stands in the highest branch of a high pine, showing no more fear or imbalance that had it been solid ground. The steel claws reflect the moonlight, the only sound heard is its slow breath as it awaits what is going to happen next...

[ January 26, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 11:01:00 am »

Rule 13A:"Non-Infinite'Ntas rule":Under rule of Armok, no being alive or otherwise may hold the power of immortality, except those that give the ultimate gift of blood, their own entirely, as discribed by Ntas the Dwarven Sacrificalist in <Dwarven>.

Armok(impersonator of gods) is infertile!:P

As per Avatar: Rhynac Dragonblood (Named after a mythical beast and of the Dragonblood line of mages, heros, kings, and rogue ancestry)
A human male, his skin is well tanned and has slight freckles, his hair is that of blazing ember and is wound into a loose pony tail about three feet long held in place by a <Heavy>, his eyes burn red as fire while his brow is that of twisting flame, his face is rugged, and his emotions are exspressed in his hateful twisted scowl, his clothes consists of hand crafted <Dragon>X3, <Albino>X6, <Heavy>X10, <Mystic>X4, <Light>X4, <Red>X10 and fashioned into <Clothing>, which includes multi toned black to crimson <Jacket>, <Pants>, <Shirt>, <Boots>, <Whole>, and <Finger>. Although he has the overall apperance of a rogue, he is in fact a Fire-Mage with the inate ability to control aspects of Fire, Smoke, Heat, and Life. Last time he was seen, was leaning ageinst a chared <Brick> before suddenly vanishing for several years. At current he would be twenty three, weighing around one hundred fifty to one hundred eighty pounds, and is between six and six and a half feet.

[ January 26, 2008: Message edited by: DreaDFanG ]

Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »

You broke rule 7.

Wait I did that to in my last post... DAMN!

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 02:23:00 pm »

Rule 14: "The rule of arbitrary bumping"
At any one point one might bump this thread whit a post saying only "*BUMP*" and suffer no consequences.

The spinning pine needle strikes Rhynac Dragonblood in the nose!
it is irritated!
the pine needle lodges firmly i the wound.

The demonic kobold shouts to the fire mage walking below: "you still haven't attacked me, divine beings care not for the sins of mortals."

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fenrir

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>You broke rule 7.</STRONG>

Rule three has also been ignored.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »

Mayhaps the list should be numbered like this?

1. You may add, remove, or change a rule by posting what you want to do. This rule may not be romoved if it is the only one.
2. all posts must be written in character (RP)
2.1 and conform to the DF theme.
3. any changes, removing, or adding of any rules must be preceded by a worshipping of Armok. Including Armok himself.
4. all rules shall be made as commandments in the Holy Book of Armok.
5. all rules decreed by Armok haters are to be ingored,
5.1 and the Armok hater shall recieve one hundred ‼carp‼ to the face.
6. should this thread fall to page two one must bump it whit another rule.
7. in every rule introduced one must also attack another forum member.
8. All posts must be hilarious,
8.1 non-hilariousness shalt be punished by being attacked by all players for 10 posts.
9. Any rule listings must be numbered with swiss numbers, to assist in rule refrences.
10. Any Armok haters or compulsive eye-rollers must write the numberings of any rule listing they make in vogon numbers.
11. all who participate must have an avatar.
11.1 This avatars physical appearance must be described whit some detail.
11.2 You might only have one avatar,
11.2.1 but it can be the commander of other forces.
11.3 You must describe an avatar before posting new rules.
11.4 The avatar might not be a mech, spaceship, or similar, as per rule 2.1.
12. All rules and subrules must be named and referenced as per the Tacticus standard.
13. no being alive or otherwise may hold the power of immortality,
-13.1 except those that give the ultimate gift of blood, their own entirely, as discribed by Ntas the Dwarven Sacrificalist in <Dwarven>.

RoYP's avatar: This human wears purple robes, and rests on a parade float being carried by members of every race. His bright red hair is quite short, and he wields his scepter like a weapon.

ALL HAIL ARMOK, GOD OF BLOOD!
in accordance with the 4th of Armok's commandment's decree commandment 14: All player may join a sect, 14.1 the rules of a sect start as stated by the Sect's founder, 14.2 Multiple sect membership shall be governed by the rules of the sect in question.

With that, I found the Paraders, whose rules are as thus:
I. The King of Parades is, and always will be, ReignonYourParade.
II. The Word of the King of Parades is law
III. The King of Parades can change any rules if he so desires
IV. Rules I through IV may never be changes but,
IV.I all other rule changes shall be made through a democratic process

FIRST MEMBER GETS TO BE IN CHARGE OF CONFETTI!

Also, I'm throwing an ice age at Fenrir.

ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.
Pages: [1] 2