Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: omgimbd/Dream Flame  (Read 18927 times)

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
Re: omgimbd/Dream Flame
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2008, 02:08:00 am »

More decriptive will replace for first post.

The 'Bosses' are in the location now called the Great Wound it is a deadspace at the center of the feild, which has bulged to become the size of a small planetiod/proto-planet roughly the equal to half our moon, this all from a small flat plane.

ADDED:MAP! UserName(badwolf535) GuestPassWordPassWord(DWFRULZ)

Top row if for surface world, bottom for the underworld.
Center of the two top or bottom is west with connections like a sphere.
If you want a more detailed explination just post a query.
Picture sould have tabs/labels so mouse over.

Use your imagination for the finer details.
Also if you want you may post skech art or such to help.
<Codes>

[ March 09, 2008: Message edited by: DreaDFanG ]

Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2008, 10:31:00 am »

(OOC: Tis a very strange map indeed... if you could give a better explaination I would be grateful, for now il just continue with my last post.)

The kobold stared with blank eyes as they ran. "Surely you have some idea of what we should do." said the robed man. The kobold simply shook his head. They had reached the edge of the forest now. They were running so fast they didnt see the dwarf comming. "BEGONE FOOLS!" shouted the dwarf. "You cannot stop me so why do you try?!"

The dwarf was so busy ranting he did not notice the lute flying through the air. It struck him on the nose knocking him over. The robed man leapt at the fallen dwarf and grabbed his ring finger. "NO!" the dwarf screamed, so loud it shook the world. The dwarf yelled out in anger and the robed figure was flung away again. The silver sword lands softly on the ground infront of the kobold.

The blade beating with a strange and attractive power lures the gaze of the kobold deeper and deeper as time seems to slow. The dwarf was frozen in a fit of anger, rushing towards the kobold. As the kobold stared...

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2008, 12:17:00 pm »

...the sword lit with a white beam so bright the kobold was forced to turn away. The sword lifted up through the air, as if it was being held by some invisible creature. From the hilt of the sword a white creature was created. The beam created an arm, then the body, then the rest of the humanoid. In a moment there was a white robed elf, glowing solemn, wielding the sword. The dwarf shouted and a  burst of black energy flew toward the elf. It simply blew right through the robe, and the elf slowly advanced on the dwarf. The dwarf's anger melted away to reveal horror as the shadow of the elf engulfed him. The blade rose and fell, striking the dwarf on the forehead. The dwarf's head ripped open, revealing the terrible winged demon. The demon was flaming, and larger than before. The elf of light began to fight with the demon. The mangled dwarf rose, and become whole again. As the elf and demon dueled, huge shadows advanced around them in a circle. The great creatures of death were coming, and fast.

[ March 02, 2008: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2008, 09:12:00 pm »

Bump. Bump. Bumpy bumperly bump.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2008, 06:31:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>Alright, I see. Um, could you write a little more? I just don't have any ideas right now, and you're a better writer anyway.</STRONG>

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »

Dang. I'm braindead. This would be a lot more fun without set things like the bosses, I just can't incorporate them well. DreadFang should write some!

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »

Indeed, it's his gamethingy. Or someone else at least, to add a bit of flavour to it.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2008, 04:20:00 pm »

I have often thought about making another one of these threads, just without many restrictions.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »

No reason why you shouldnt, just be sure not to let it spiral out of control like the TACTICUS thread.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2008, 04:31:00 pm »

Never read the TACTICUS thread, but I made a new thread.

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2008, 01:08:00 am »

(ARG post didnt go though)
The map is color coded and the linked version should have area labels.
The "Bosses" have set up a small table with chairs and drinks for a small game of cards, dice, and such...Oh no...its...minigames![INSERT MINI-GAME LINKS HERE](to be inserted when I get some examples)
Oh it cannot be...their building a place for these minigames...Its called...'The End Of The World' Tavern... the horror! (Tavern is centered in the Great Wound) Now with free spirts on weekends!
'Hears great astondment come-ing from the vicinity of the posts'
'Hears great cheer from all dwarves'

This is a scab from now but it will come back to boss fights, but I need minigame options and suggestions as well.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

Minigames? I am really clueless about what the game you're making is about, but if they're playing card-related minigames, Hearts or Poker would be interesting, but with the cards (king, jack, queen etc) to have related characters instead of basic royalties.

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2008, 11:42:00 pm »

Its not that the bosses will go out and play board-games but it seemed to fit here. Thanks for the game suggestions as well, if you have links to online versions thats better.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2008, 08:33:00 am »

Okay, here's an interesting marble game. http://jayisgames.com/archives/2008/02/chap_hai_way_of_the_dragon.php
You have to click the picture, the link sends you to a review of the game. Wait for it to load through all the game competition stuff, then click on the picture in the 'gameboy' thingy to start playing.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]