Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Radish Wine  (Read 17586 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Radish Wine
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2015, 11:40:29 am »

I like to think that they don't even cook them, they just mince all the ingredients up and compress them into the shape of whatever food they're mimicking.

As for the food remaining fresh, I like to think it doesn't.
They only think it's acceptable to eat because you tell them it is and they don't question the food stockpile.

Nah, they prefer to put it into barrels or pots, which basically makes it equivalent to canning. 

I never focused too much on the mincing, though.  So I guess that makes it like making giant barrels full of cat/dog food, then.  They mince it all up into an unrecognizable slurry of random vegetables and meat by-products and can it. 

The real mystery is why it's so much more valuable than regular stuff.  I guess just saying that somewhere in there is some dwarven flour, and it was chopped up by a chef that was really on top of their game that day, they automatically are willing to pay 120 DBs more for every single ladleful of the slop...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2015, 11:49:30 am »

I ignore the micing, and dream up dishes based on whatever they make. I have wondered about drawing some, someday. The cooking is real 14th century, as little distinguishing is done between savoury/main and dessert... there needs to be a dwarven cooking thread, I feel.
  Perhaps I should start one, with a few drawings...?
One wheel short of a wagon

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2015, 04:02:38 pm »

I ignore the micing, and dream up dishes based on whatever they make. I have wondered about drawing some, someday. The cooking is real 14th century, as little distinguishing is done between savoury/main and dessert... there needs to be a dwarven cooking thread, I feel.
  Perhaps I should start one, with a few drawings...?

*grabs drawing tablet

I am ready.
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2015, 04:14:02 pm »

The thread's up... DF mode discussion... only NW_Kohaku's replied so far, with a meal of 80 ingredients ::)

How's about I do one of yours, you do one of mine?
One wheel short of a wagon

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2015, 09:49:38 pm »

Aww, you say that like it's a bad thing. 

My standard fare of quarry bush leaf, quarry bush leaf, quarry bush leaf, and dwarven flour roast (=dwarven flour roast [115]=) that I use to buy whole caravans is relatively boring by comparison...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 05:07:48 pm »

Radishes in alcohol is one thing but this sounds awesome

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2016, 11:51:42 am »

might be a bit late, but did anyone question that they make wine out of potatoes?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2016, 12:05:00 pm »

Well this is an interesting discussion.

*cough necro cough*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2016, 10:29:58 am »

might be a bit late, but did anyone question that they make wine out of potatoes?
I did. That should be vodka, and I think some do mod that.

Then I shrugged and moved on.

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2016, 03:55:10 pm »

I could see radish wine appealing to people who are fans of horseradish sauce and other spicy things, but then I also see it having alcohol content more equivalent to vodka and being consumed in shots or used in drinks like bloody maries.

I also support a dwarven cooking thread :)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2016, 03:58:08 pm »

To Serve Dwarves

"It's a cookbook!"
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2016, 08:49:46 pm »

To Serve Dwarves

"It's a cookbook!"
I knew something was fishy about the author, "Urist McDefinitelyADwarf".
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2016, 09:36:54 pm »

I think being super tall, and having a butt on his forehead would be pretty hard to conceal...

Then again...

Urist McTotallyADwarf is gigantic overall. His sunken, deep set eyes are dark brown and brooding. He does not have any fat at all. He is incredibly tall. His bulbous head is cleanly shaven. His cheekbones are very high. He has very pale skin. His short pointed beard is ecru.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2016, 11:37:26 pm »

I think being super tall, and having a butt on his forehead would be pretty hard to conceal...
You'd think that because you haven't seen an ass-Clown impersonating a god.

Probably just an elf, though.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2016, 12:08:37 am »

Holy carp.  I was starting to lose faith in my ability to navigate a forum trying to find the cooking thread before I realized that it was posted roughly a year ago!  Any chance someone could bump it as well?  Or post a link?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4