Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Ivybolt - On hiatus until parts may be acquired.  (Read 24109 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Ivybolt - Two founders down, seven to go.
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2015, 11:00:00 pm »

Huzzah I didn't die that time. Hopefully that pattern continues.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2015, 12:39:38 am »

An.. ehm... bush?!  :D

The contest isn't over yet. I shall return to the reign!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2015, 06:05:33 pm »

dorf me.

with all forms of metal smithing,

also sword dwarf, or knife user....

you know what? knife user. I want to mix it up.

so yha, shield and knife.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2015, 06:51:47 pm »

Corpulent, clean shaven hair, short by Dwarf standards, peach-colored skin..... I AM ONE SEXY DWARFETTE! :D  Hey, you try keeping your figure after 3 kids :-[  Long as I get my own Workshop to practice jewels and glass.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2015, 04:20:18 am »

An.. ehm... bush?!  :D

I've looked at that post three times and only now have I realized what was being referred to. I am a GENIUS.

Corpulent, clean shaven hair, short by Dwarf standards, peach-colored skin..... I AM ONE SEXY DWARFETTE! :D  Hey, you try keeping your figure after 3 kids :-[  Long as I get my own Workshop to practice jewels and glass.

As pretty much our only jeweler our one workshop is all yours. And that fat probably came from the fortress's high sugar-transfat diet of meat and sugary blueberries, cherries, and other fruits.

Oh yes. We live in the lap of luxury folks, I should've mentioned that, with sugary foods in abundance. Next up will be seeing if there's any bee colonies so we can have mead and jelly-millet biscuits...

EDIT: Oh, and to those whom it may concern, Angel Abbey is officially lost. Dunno when or how it happened, but sometime in the last week I have accidentally deleted the save (along with many other human themed mods left over from 34.11.) It had to have been during some measure of house keeping I was doing (as my DF folder was cluttered to hell and back.

Ah well, maybe in the future I'll do a fresh underhive settlement or something.

@ endlessblaze: I'll see what I can do about hooking you up with a soldier.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2015, 08:37:24 am »

The Colonel slowly opened the door to Muthkat's old room, a sense of dread overcoming him as saw the inside of it.  The mayor had told him that nothing had been found to indicate her reasons for killing herself, but he had to be sure.  He had known Muthkat for a long time, and knew that such a decision would not have been made lightly.  His eyes fell on the contents of the room.  On her bed lay her diary, still open to the last page from when it had been read by the mayor in the investigation.  He briefly scanned it, but saw nothing of relevance: mostly discussion of the undead and how to defeat them.  It had been dated to almost a month before her disappearance and subsequent discovery, so if she had been considering her death at the time it didn't come across in her writing.  He turned to leave, when suddenly he saw a piece of paper wedged behind her bed.  Gingerly, he pulled it out and realized it was a folded letter, with the words, "For Colonel Ironbeard" on the front.  With shaking hands, he unfolded the paper to read the words.

Dear Colonel,

I'm not entirely sure how I should start a letter for such circumstances, as I'm sure that by the time you are reading this I will already be dead.  I know you must be wondering why I chose the path I did, so I'll try and explain myself to you as best I can, as a sort of parting gift.  I don't know whether you will understand it or if I can even explain it well enough to be comprehensible, but I promise to try.

I remember when I was a young dwarf, joining the army out of a naive belief that I could defend my fellow dwarves from the depredations of the evil elves.  I was young and foolish, feeling like I could take on the world.  But now, thinking back on it, I realize just how ignorant  I was.  There is no sense in war, no rationality or soundness of thought.  War is an ugly thing, a process that takes in young, promising sentients and turns out blood and corpses.  I even feel pity for the elves, those that are supposedly our enemies, for they, too, have been mislead by their elders into believing that war is the only option.  When you go to war, you lose a part of yourself that you can never regain.  If we could have even a temporary peace between our peoples, I am sure we could reconcile our differences and find a way to get along in a permanent manner.

Here I am, speaking of peace again.  Yet the only time I feel truly alive is when I am fighting for my life, when all that matters is myself and my opponent, and only one of us can get out of the battle alive.  I preach peace, and yet I am a creature of war, a product of the very machine that I rail against.  I am the famed Berserker of Ivybolts, the first of the champions of the fortress.  What right do I have to preach peace, when my hands are stained with the blood of so many from the past.  In death, perhaps, my hands can be washed clean of all this blood, so that I may finally be free of the chains that have followed me since that great mistake of joining the military.

I'm sure I didn't explain that in a way that you could understand, but I want you to know that you shouldn't blame yourself.  My death was not your fault, nor was there anything you could have done.  I hope that you can forgive me for my actions, and that in the end you can see me in a positive light once more.

Farewell, my colonel, my friend.  Fare thee well in your life and, Armok willing, may we once again share a drink in the halls of the gods some day.

A tear rolled down the Colonel's face as he gently folded up the letter, placing it in his leather backpack.  "Damn it lass, that wasn't the way to free yourself.  Not like that.  Not in that way."

I know Muthkat's letter may sound like insane troll logic, but I can attest to the fact that when one is depressed and suicidal, it doesn't seem rational to the people around you, and yet it makes perfect sense in your head.  It's the curse of being suicidal: nobody can understand the problem, so it's hard for others to help you.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2015, 02:50:07 pm »

Wolf, your writing is EXCELENT.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2015, 05:17:27 pm »

Wolf, your writing is EXCELENT.
Thank you, I suppose, but it really isn't.  My descriptive ability is fairly lacking, and I'm really, really bad at writing dialogue, particularly if I have to use someone else's character (Because I don't know other player's characters as well as my own).

Speaking of which, if anyone has any specific suggestions to improve my writing I'll gladly hear them, I really enjoy learning new things about creative writing.

Edit: Still going in my sig, though.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2015, 05:42:11 pm »

YAYZ I HAS BE SIGGED! HAPPY DANCE!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2015, 08:40:50 am »

I'm pretty sure it's three founders down now, actually.  Check the front page again.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ivybolt - Three founders down, six to go.
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2015, 05:24:56 pm »

Alright guys, bad news. Due to a physical malfunction with my external hard drive (the port of the usb cable snapped off and tumbled into the thing,) Ivybolt and all other inactive forts are lost save for Blackhold and a very old Riverrun save. Until I can find out if it can be repaired, Ivybolt is functionally dead. Sorry about the wasted time everyone, especially you 4maskwolf cause you put some good effort into the stuff with Ironbeard.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2015, 05:58:38 pm »

Alright guys, bad news. Due to a physical malfunction with my external hard drive (the port of the usb cable snapped off and tumbled into the thing,) Ivybolt and all other inactive forts are lost save for Blackhold and a very old Riverrun save. Until I can find out if it can be repaired, Ivybolt is functionally dead. Sorry about the wasted time everyone, especially you 4maskwolf cause you put some good effort into the stuff with Ironbeard.
Alrightyo!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

rage.exe launched....

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I WILL HAVE REVEANGEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

.........rage.exe shutting down.

anyways, tell us as soon as its fixed.
anyways ...
I got a succession fort to "improve" right now, so see you later

hey wolf....don't get mad if we lose someone.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2015, 08:03:32 pm »

There's a couple of possibilties. A fair number of external harddrives are normal internal ones + enclosure. Failing that, you can likely solder in a new connector (if you're in the ROchester/Western New York area, I may be able to do it, though I need a new iron). What drive model is it exactly?
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7