Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Eras of Godhood - started  (Read 2385 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Eras of Godhood
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 12:15:01 pm »

Im not sure whether i should use D6 or something else. Does anyone have any ideas about that?
Isn't that one of the most important aspects of a RTD, the d6? If most of your rolls aren't d6 chances are it belongs in FG&RP.
((the above poster is incorrect. FG&RP often has no rolls, or are illustration games or whatever.
RTD usually includes the D6-based games
the non-d6-roll-based games can and do go in either one equally. generally the ones put in the RTD subforum are more chaotic, luck-based, and/or prone to murdering PCs, but the best judge of which one of the subforums any particular game goes is the game's GM because he/she innately knows exactly how lethal, chaotic, and roll-dependant their game is going to actually be.
in other words, as a rule of thumb for these edge cases, if you're telling the GM he's wrong, then he's right you're wrong.))

create a sphere of neon gas lit up with electricity held together by extremely powerful magic set an earth like planet in orbit around it.
((are you sure about that? it's going to produce less heat than a normal star, meaning the planet is going to have to be really close to it, meaning it's going to fill the sky and days will be much, much longer than nights.))

((more planets, stars, and moons))
a set of fifteen other non-life-supporting planetary bodies are set into orbit around the system's central star, with varying distances and speeds but no colliding orbits. an asteroid belt is formed in the gap between the 7th planet and the 8th from the central sun. the system itself is inside one of the arms of a normal galaxy, and that galaxy is only one among many, giving the earth-like planet a night sky with many stars.
each planet in the solar system other than the earth-like planet that is the central focus of our efforts is given 1d4 lifeless moons.
the earth-like planet is given exactly two moons, one on a roughly 30-day orbit, and one on a roughly 90-day orbit. the 30-day orbit one's rotation is synchronized with the planet's rotation, such that only one side is ever seen. the slow-orbiting one is slightly larger, and its atmosphere tints the light reflected off of it red.

((life))
populate the earth-like planet with earth-like plants and animals

((add magic and make it possible for innately magical creatures to exist))
make the universe as a whole reactive to specific forms of symbology and specilized organs that the vast majority of creatures do not have. this symbology is possible to replicate in the minds of intelligent creatures, but it is uncommon and the thought process required to cause specific effects varies from creature to creature due to variations in their brain structures. more disconnected and/or disjointed thought processes will tend to enable greater access due to their greater variety. exact reactions vary but often have side-effects on the user, the most common one being mental exhaustion but other, more traumatic, drawbacks exist. specialized organs enable only very specific effects, but do not suffer these side-effects and can be used repeatedly and to a high degree.

((make the red moon support life, and the moon and planet have borderline compatible air and gravity))
the slow-orbiting moon, despite its low gravity, does retain a breatheable atmosphere and is capable of supporting life, however the air there is thin and mildly hallucinogenic to creatures used to an earth-like atmosphere. the moon does have a collection of plant and small animal life across its surface, and a decent amount of water as well. there are no large creatures there, but there is a very high instance of innately magical creatures that make up for their small size. they are capable of surviving in the planet's atmosphere, but the higher gravity there makes it uncomfortable to do so for extended time periods.

((link the red moon and planet with teleporters))
scattered across the planet and red moon are large stone rings. these rings periodically react to cause a temporary link between that ring and its matching ring on the moon or planet, transporting objects that pass through to the other. these links are two-way, but exert a light resistance against things coming through them that keeps their atmospheres from mixing under normal circumstances. underwater rings have a stronger resistance that just barely keeps water from flowing through them. any creatures that are within the ring at the time of activation are pulled in in full and held in stasis between the rings until they deactivate, at which point they are placed with no awareness of the passage of time at the opposite ring from where they started. non-living matter at the time of activation is only affected where it overlaps with the ring's actual portal area, but undergoes the same process. causing some surface-level horizontal rings to swap lunar and terran surface-matter upon each activation.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Eras of Godhood - started
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 12:18:43 pm »

Im not sure whether i should use D6 or something else. Does anyone have any ideas about that?
Isn't that one of the most important aspects of a RTD, the d6? If most of your rolls aren't d6 chances are it belongs in FG&RP.

Ah, but that's not it at all.

Here's what the greatest minds of the Roller's Block have arrived at in response to this very question.

Also damn, Lenglon, leave something for the others to create, will ya?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 12:26:45 pm »

Also damn, Lenglon, leave something for the others to create, will ya?
((But, but, but it was actually all to create a single concept! just fully-fleshed-out with all the neat little details that made my mental picture really pretty and stuff.

moon rabbits.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 01:12:00 pm »

Probably should have put a cap on actions.

Does anyone want that to be introduced right now?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:15:30 pm by Generally me »

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 01:14:08 pm »

((the above poster is incorrect. FG&RP often has no rolls, or are illustration games or whatever.
the non-d6-roll-based games can and do go in either one equally. generally the ones put in the RTD subforum are more chaotic, luck-based, and/or prone to murdering PCs, but the best judge of which one of the subforums any particular game goes is the game's GM because he/she innately knows exactly how lethal, chaotic, and roll-dependant their game is going to actually be.
in other words, as a rule of thumb for these edge cases, if you're telling the GM he's wrong, then he's right you're wrong.))

create a sphere of neon gas lit up with electricity held together by extremely powerful magic set an earth like planet in orbit around it.
((are you sure about that? it's going to produce less heat than a normal star, meaning the planet is going to have to be really close to it, meaning it's going to fill the sky and days will be much, much longer than nights.))

scattered across the planet and red moon are large stone rings. these rings periodically react to cause a temporary link between that ring and its matching ring on the moon or planet, transporting objects that pass through to the other. these links are two-way, but exert a light resistance against things coming through them that keeps their atmospheres from mixing under normal circumstances. underwater rings have a stronger resistance that just barely keeps water from flowing through them. any creatures that are within the ring at the time of activation are pulled in in full and held in stasis between the rings until they deactivate, at which point they are placed with no awareness of the passage of time at the opposite ring from where they started. non-living matter at the time of activation is only affected where it overlaps with the ring's actual portal area, but undergoes the same process. causing some surface-level horizontal rings to swap lunar and terran surface-matter upon each activation.
I understand that my planet will have an unusually long daytime. i also link my planet to lengons planet with teleporters as well
oh and and populate the surface of my planet with lots flora and fauna including giant frogs, miniature elephants ,giant grass ,dolphin-like creatures with wings instead of fins , oh and i must not forget underwater mushrooms, and roaches with skins of gold, and photosynthetic squid and giant cuttlefish. 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 01:22:00 pm »

I understand that my planet will have an unusually long daytime. i also link my planet to lengons planet with teleporters as well
oh and and populate the surface of my planet with lots flora and fauna including giant frogs, miniature elephants ,giant grass ,dolphin-like creatures with wings instead of fins , oh and i must not forget underwater mushrooms, and roaches with skins of gold, and photosynthetic squid and giant cuttlefish.
I'd intended them to be the same planet >.> it's the secondary moon that I'm playing with mostly.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 01:44:30 pm »

If there are any Intelligent creatures (clever enough to make tools) on planet please specify that.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 02:17:37 pm »

If there are any Intelligent creatures (clever enough to make tools) on planet please specify that.
the cuttlefish , squid , and of course the giant frogs oh and the pterodactyls  i forgot to mention. (ps. if thats not enough i have at least 80 more fairly original creature ideas.) 

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 11:42:13 am »

Post to watch. Please tack me onto that waitlist.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 11:52:46 am »

Yeh this pretty much dead and gone. I didn't really think through the rules enough.
Pages: 1 [2]