Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Expanding Good Regions- taking suggestions  (Read 11975 times)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: Expanding Good Regions- taking suggestions
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 03:31:11 am »

I'd stick with random resurrection of civ-members, everything else gets confusing or too close to evil regions.

I wonder, how would raising and resurrecting a dead dwarf and also his hand would work, however?

You can also insta-kill all undeads with regional interactions, for example if a necromancer attacks you, his army instantly dies, because it enters a good region.

that sounds very interesting

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 09:29:13 am »

Eeasy. FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION is the tag you are looking for, it only works on "upper body", the part with the soul. It resurrects the dwarf, who instantly dies of his wounds (for example his head is missing, the interaction resurrects the upper body, which dies, because the head is misssing, etc), BUT you can add a 1-tick transformation to the mix, fully healing the body including all missing bodyparts.

The worst sideeffect is that chopped off limbs are still around, so you could have "urist uristson" running around, while "urist uristson's left leg" is still buried in his coffin.

The other one is easy too, just a regional interaction that targets OPPOSED_TO_LIFE creature and kills them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2015, 01:22:27 pm »

The other one is easy too, just a regional interaction that targets OPPOSED_TO_LIFE creature and kills them.
But... they're already dead  ???
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2015, 03:16:09 pm »

Eeasy. FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION is the tag you are looking for, it only works on "upper body", the part with the soul. It resurrects the dwarf, who instantly dies of his wounds (for example his head is missing, the interaction resurrects the upper body, which dies, because the head is misssing, etc), BUT you can add a 1-tick transformation to the mix, fully healing the body including all missing bodyparts.

The worst sideeffect is that chopped off limbs are still around, so you could have "urist uristson" running around, while "urist uristson's left leg" is still buried in his coffin.

I see. well, thanks for clarifying this to me. I could do with a couple more regional interactions. I already have:

-one that turns people into golden statues
-one that increases recuperation
-one that puts people to sleep
-and I also plan to add the one Rydel suggested, the lotus eater one

after I'm done with the interactions, I'll continue onto the trees, and incorporating some dfhack scripts

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2015, 07:21:01 pm »

You could add GOOD vermin too, like gem beetles and such. Their remains could be turned into gem stones. Or the delicious honey-crawler, which leaves candy upon death. :P

Mischivious gingerbread men that pull levers, and item_thief leprechauns, which are already in vanilla DF, but you barely every see one.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2015, 10:07:44 am »

You could add GOOD vermin too, like gem beetles and such. Their remains could be turned into gem stones. Or the delicious honey-crawler, which leaves candy upon death. :P

Mischivious gingerbread men that pull levers, and item_thief leprechauns, which are already in vanilla DF, but you barely every see one.

the honey-crawler sounds good. maybe gem beetles too, but they won't turn into anything expensive. just another freebie to stud your mugs with :) I would also like to add some particularly annoying vermins. Would a CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER vermin work? Would it be too annoying?

do you mean gnomes? "playful" creature are something I definitely want to add, but I'll return to the creatures once I'm done with the trees and the interactions.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2015, 03:31:09 am »

hey guys, slight update on my progress:

I finished the regional interactions and the trees. Good regions will have the following interactions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here are the trees that will make it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aside from that, I will also include a reaction where you can offer a good plant's seeds and some milk to the fey. The fey may ignore you, or they may leave something behind...

Once I finish implementing these things, I will put out an alpha release and start working on the rest of the creatures I plan to add.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2015, 11:49:06 pm »

-Dryad Trees: These trees look like normal ones, but are inhabited by dryads. If you try and chop one down, the dryads will be angered and will attack you. Keep your military standing by when cutting down trees!
How did you do that without dfhack?

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2015, 02:33:33 am »

I haven't done it yet, I will finish it today. I will use dfhack after all.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:35:22 am by than402 »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2015, 05:13:18 am »

I haven't done it yet, I will finish it today. I will use dfhack after all.
By the way, keep an eye on the DFHack thread for updates to the spawn-unit script.  The latest one there has fixes from Boltgun and me that make friendly animals stable, and expwnent is liable to release another one this weekend.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2015, 05:32:25 am »

I'm aware. I have no plans for spawning friendly creatures (for now, at least), but a more stable spawn script is great news indeed :)

NEANDERTHAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2015, 01:08:37 pm »

Ooh! What about the plant-creature atom that Star Trek comic? They lived in planet k-g (Kelley-green), and they turned a few if the crew members (and sim guinea pigs) into living plants!

LastGreen

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANCES] [SPHERE:STORMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2015, 02:00:47 am »

personally I really like the idea of "trap" tree's. but idk how to make them I been trying to figure it out but alas im a newbie modder or it may not be possible idk.

what iv been trying to do is create a new species of tree's, 2 actually. a mystic (good) tree and a withered (evil) tree. that when chopped instead of dropping logs drop log based monsters that attack anything and everything in a rage (for being chopped down).

at least that's my idea. just not sure how to connect a creature to a tree or material.

"[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD_TEMPLATE]
   [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT]"

?? =( well in any case I sure hope its possible. my forts soldiers just never have anyone to fight anymore ya know lol.

LastGreen

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANCES] [SPHERE:STORMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2015, 02:01:14 am »

-ignore-
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:03:24 am by LastGreen »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2015, 03:58:19 am »

personally I really like the idea of "trap" tree's. but idk how to make them I been trying to figure it out but alas im a newbie modder or it may not be possible idk.

what iv been trying to do is create a new species of tree's, 2 actually. a mystic (good) tree and a withered (evil) tree. that when chopped instead of dropping logs drop log based monsters that attack anything and everything in a rage (for being chopped down).

at least that's my idea. just not sure how to connect a creature to a tree or material.

"[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD_TEMPLATE]
   [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT]"

?? =( well in any case I sure hope its possible. my forts soldiers just never have anyone to fight anymore ya know lol.

here's how I plan to do it:

there is a dfhack script called "spawnunit". the idea is to make it run through a syndrome and then make some trees identical to the normal ones, with one key difference: their wood consists of a material which boils in room temperature and releases the syndrome that I mentioned. when a dwarf comes into contact with the gas (say, your woodcutter) the script summons a dryad which will then attack your woodcutter.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5