Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is this a bug?  (Read 2842 times)

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
Is this a bug?
« on: April 21, 2015, 04:27:40 pm »

So I am an elf. Normally I would never do such a thing, but the elfs home is about to be attacked and I wanted the Fun. I can get everyone there to join me to lead them to safety.

Now heres the thing, since none of them have family, it is impossible to actually take them to safety since they don't have anywhere they want to go and I cant cancel the agreement. Is this intended or a bug?

Also this is the 2nd character I made in that location and the army still hasn't arrived. I heard about this first a month and a half ago.

Edit: Some of the people I "led to safety" on the first character over a 5 day journey to my Dwarven Ladies town(that was routed by a titan in year 3, which is now dead) decided they didnt like the safer location and moved back to the area that is about to be attacked.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 04:31:18 pm by skyte100 »

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a bug?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 05:31:56 pm »

Well an army did show up. An army of Crundle Recruits and Fleshball recruits. They dont seem to be doing anything but running around the place. The only one that actually attacked was a mudman recruit. I have a copy of the save from before I butchered them all if anyone wants to look at that.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 05:53:28 pm »

First post is an oversight, second post is a bug.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 05:54:45 pm »

First post is an oversight, second post is a bug.
Are they known or should I report them? I know the recruit part is a known bug(and an amusing one) but I never saw them en masse like that.

P.S. Is is also a bug that everyone in the forest retreat that recruits all showed up at are totally ok with the fact that goblins occupied them? "It is for the best."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 05:56:36 pm by skyte100 »

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 06:18:27 pm »

Now my companion cloned herself. The hell is going on with this save.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 09:29:25 pm »

The cloning is a known bug, though I'm not going to trawl through the bugtracker to find it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 09:47:38 pm »

Now we wait for them to fight to the death to prove who's the real deal.

"Just now, I attacked me."
"It was inevitable."
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 10:33:30 pm »

Now we wait for them to fight to the death to prove who's the real deal.

"Just now, I attacked me."
"It was inevitable."
Well my event log is showing all the fights(except the mud man who got a name for killing someone) as "Attack /you". So basically I fought nothing and killed nothing.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 03:22:51 am »

my guess is your character reacted to creatures in means of provoked attack, or well DF kinda auto targets folks, so just being there even though you did nothing would look like an attack.
you walking away would just lead to rumors of _men talking about them fighting you and being the victor for you walk off.
think of it as this, you're holding back your adventurer when you see you attack someone as you're kinda guiding them along.
and I think most cavern creatures have the dangerous beast factor which scares people even though they should be docile.

all in all this seems like Civ V level of AI screwy.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 11:48:48 am »

my guess is your character reacted to creatures in means of provoked attack, or well DF kinda auto targets folks, so just being there even though you did nothing would look like an attack.
you walking away would just lead to rumors of _men talking about them fighting you and being the victor for you walk off.
think of it as this, you're holding back your adventurer when you see you attack someone as you're kinda guiding them along.
and I think most cavern creatures have the dangerous beast factor which scares people even though they should be docile.

all in all this seems like Civ V level of AI screwy.

The morale made all the crundles flee in terror, then they invariably returned to their spots once they thought they lost me. The mud man had balls since it attacked. The fleshballs are so lacking in intelligence and ability to move that they just sat there until something killed them(begging the question of how they got there to begin with). And I use dfhack to spawn weapons for my companions. So the elf that was killed by the mud man is now the most pathetic elf in existence, truly a great achievement as there are so many other contenders out there for the title.

It shows up in rumors as "I slew crundle", but the events all say either "Attack /you" or "Attack you/ " and "Death ". So it is a paradox. 20 things died yet at the same time nothing died. It was inevitable.

The rumors and events could use some tweaking.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 03:05:39 pm »

I think you should have a look at the battle details in Legends, and compare the participants and the dates shown with your experience.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 03:17:26 pm »

I think you should have a look at the battle details in Legends, and compare the participants and the dates shown with your experience.
There is none. No battles a player starts seem to be important enough for legends unless its a megabeast. Besides, it wasn't an actual army in the sense its an organized force. Rather it was just a bunch of unimportant, non-intelligent, and unaffiliated creatures labeled "recruit" that appeared in unusually large numbers, out of literally nowhere, at the location that is supposed to be attacked. The closest legends has to a battle there is saying an army attacked. No battle details. I checked all the battles that took place during the time period. None of them are at the location. Hell, as opposed to the norm for the "recruit" bug, which seems to favor the creature in question having a kill list, none of them existed in legends until I killed them.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 03:22:20 pm »

I'm talking about the battle referred to in your first post, not what your adventurer actually engaged in.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 04:24:33 pm »

I'm talking about the battle referred to in your first post, not what your adventurer actually engaged in.
I still addressed it. The legends say they attacked, but there was no battle.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 08:00:58 pm »

Are you saying there was no battle because you didn't see a battle, or because Legends doesn't detail the participants, number of kills, the actual location the battle took place, etc.

I don't think it's a bug, world events haven't been implemented in real time for adventurer mode. So these battles will always happen at the start of the month, always offscreen, and win or lose the surviving attackers will remain just off the border of the site.
Pages: [1] 2