Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Do the SHUN and EXILE ethics tokens work?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Eldin00:
from looking at the Wiki, the only difference between REQUIRED and ACCEPTABLE appears to be if it is on one of the KILL_something ethics, in which case it forces all combat which would involve that ethic into no quarter mode. But I don't know if any testing has really been done to confirm that.

Button:
PTW

Eldin00:
If nobody else has done it yet, I'll start a fort this weekend with all of KILL_ANIMAL, KILL_ENEMY, KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER, and KILL_NEUTRAL at PUNISH_CAPITAL, to try and check whether or not each of those results in a visit from the hammerer.

BoredVirulence:

--- Quote from: Eldin00 on April 24, 2015, 12:08:58 pm ---If nobody else has done it yet, I'll start a fort this weekend with all of KILL_ANIMAL, KILL_ENEMY, KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER, and KILL_NEUTRAL at PUNISH_CAPITAL, to try and check whether or not each of those results in a visit from the hammerer.

--- End quote ---

If your testing in fortress mode, you should be able to just modify the ethics in the save's raw folder, and get the same results. Or use it to test other, more interesting, values, such as shun and exile. Or use a preexisting fort.

Eldin00:
Has modifying the ethics in an existing save been confirmed to work? I know that changes to entities are one of the things that almost always requires generating a new world to take effect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version