Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [Prealpha] Dwarfvet - Working Animal Caretakers  (Read 16312 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: [Prealpha] Dwarfvet - Working Animal Caretakers
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2015, 11:12:39 pm »

Binaries uploaded; Windows and Linux only. Sorry mac guys, don't have a mac. If someone wants to give me SSH access to one, I can compile it remotely.

I'm still expecting bugs, crashes and other stuff. If something odd happens, post a save with it.

EDIT: And I just caused the windows version of the plugin to crash and burn. I'll put the fires out on Friday and release a new version then.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:17:42 pm by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2015, 12:53:33 am »

Downloaded, will have a look the coming days.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2015, 02:24:31 am »

This is irriating the frick out of me. I managed to get a single stack trace of it crashing on Windows where it dies on plugin cleanup, but I can't for the life of me figure out why. It runs just fine in Linux ...

*rage*
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2015, 12:38:03 am »

Ask Quietust :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2015, 07:13:15 pm »

Just as a note, this isn't dead. I fixed all the crashes I could reproduce, and added code to generate the Recover Wounded tasks. I haven't figured out how to look for the CAN_LEARN tag dynamically yet, and I still have to smash out all the edge cases related to pastures and such but I hope to have something mergable by the end of May.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2015, 12:14:29 am »

So, just a minor note on this, I did do some work on this beyond what I've posted (though I haven't updated the github repo). The most recent stumbing block I've yet to clear is getting dwarfs to "take jobs naturally". Putting a created wounded job in the jobs list causes it to show up in the "j" menu, but no dwarf ever takes it, even after setting the patientst and requiring aid structs. I can fudge around this by looking for idle dwarves every few ticks, but that isn't exactly a clean solution to the problem.

If anyone has any ideas on this I'm all ears.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2015, 01:32:11 am »

Vetenary workshop with a reaction that triggers the script. You see a wounded animal, you can add a job to the workshop "Look for wounded animals". Any currently free animal caretaker does the job, triggers the script, gets the rescue job assigned.

This way you even have some control over letting people run out and save your pets, or sacrifice your wounded animal because you dont want your dwarves running into a battle.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2015, 03:56:31 pm »

Vetenary workshop with a reaction that triggers the script. You see a wounded animal, you can add a job to the workshop "Look for wounded animals". Any currently free animal caretaker does the job, triggers the script, gets the rescue job assigned.

This way you even have some control over letting people run out and save your pets, or sacrifice your wounded animal because you dont want your dwarves running into a battle.

Can you post an example? I won't be able to work on this until later this week. I don't think its possible to add this to the kennels which is unfortunate but a one tile workshop that you can build in the hospital might do the trick.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2015, 01:06:50 am »

Example of what? the workshop, the reaction or the product that triggers a script?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2015, 08:04:54 am »

I don't think its possible to add this to the kennels which is unfortunate but a one tile workshop that you can build in the hospital might do the trick.

Not with raws, but I'm pretty sure that'd be trivial in lua. Eventful's addReactionToShop("reaction_name","KENNELS") sounds tailormade.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2015, 10:48:35 am »

I hate to tell you this, but eventful's addReactionToShop is broke. I tried to use it a while ago and the reactions always show red, even when all the items needed are right there (and even for reactions that need no items at all).

I complained about it in the DFHack thread and was told that "adding reactions to hardcoded buildings is impossible", despite the fact that that is what eventful does (or rather did), so I just rolled my own solution. I never did add reactions to hardcoded shops, I just removed the hardcoded shops and added custom replacements, so I am not sure what is wrong with eventful's code.

Just FYI, the implementation of that particular eventful function is all Lua, so it should be easy to play with and figure out what is wrong, it just needs to be done (I have been busy with more interesting things, else I would have worked on it some already).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2015, 12:52:44 pm »

Adding a workshop looks pretty unwieldy, why not use the kennels?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2015, 11:46:48 am »

ptw
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2015, 10:26:14 am »

Is this still alive?

Severedicks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2015, 08:58:30 am »

Is there a source for this?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5