Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

how do we fix contract and money shortage?

contract mods
- 6 (37.5%)
switch from career to science mode
- 4 (25%)
money from science mod
- 4 (25%)
nothing, newcomers will use science to money strategies and lot of grinding
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: KSP mess around together- don't wait for me I'm gonna have beer in space  (Read 13459 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I've thrown together a little KSP server here:

the fastest way into space is downloading the mod manager named CKAN:
https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases

and select USI Kolonization system and Antenna range mod, plus all dependencies. mechjeb/engineer are allowed but not mandatory ( * I think * - it's not like I understood how to configure it or anything)

to connect, use the DMP client from here https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/4

rules are simple: don't be an ass, and if you intend something to be a refuel station, name it refuel so people know it is safe to siphon off fuel from it

please fill the poll so we can have a server that makes happy the most!

note: mods are still in flux, we will get on that later on.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 02:34:28 pm by LoSboccacc »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: KSP mess around togheter waiting 1.0 - b12 server
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 06:13:45 am »

(Prolly should fix the typo~ It's "Together", not "togheter." Unless you intended to spell it that way.)

Anyways, I might give the server a looksie at some point.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KSP mess around togheter waiting 1.0 - b12 server
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 06:16:32 am »

(Prolly should fix the typo~ It's "Together", not "togheter." Unless you intended to spell it that way.)

Anyways, I might give the server a looksie at some point.

damn - together, thought, though and toughs always get me  ::) 

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: KSP mess around together waiting 1.0 - b12 server
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 06:19:35 am »

Post to kerbal.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 06:22:14 am »

Hello.

Bay12 Station now has a science module attached because why not.

I'm practicing for building my station in 1.0

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 07:03:29 am »

why u no use 2.5mt port?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 07:07:54 am »

He did, there just arent any free ones. Perhaps if you shift the science module down a bit, throw in a connector array for 2.5m parts...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 07:37:22 am »

why u no use 2.5mt port?
The science module has a 2.5m port on one side and a 1.25m port on the other side. If you want to move it you're free to do so. :P

There was only one 2.5m port open at the time I docked it so I put it there. If you want a 2.5m port on the other side it would be easy to slap on an adapter.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 07:40:25 am »

He did, there just arent any free ones. Perhaps if you shift the science module down a bit, throw in a connector array for 2.5m parts...

seems more a lost opportunity to do some different science. say, generate contracts that give you an experiment part to bring to a station, then dock and run experiment in a specific place of the system for science, money and stuff. instead we get just a way to reprocess experiment which is annoying because you get benefit only babysitting it, nor as on off neither as continuous shoot.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 07:53:28 am »

seems more a lost opportunity to do some different science. say, generate contracts that give you an experiment part to bring to a station, then dock and run experiment in a specific place of the system for science, money and stuff. instead we get just a way to reprocess experiment which is annoying because you get benefit only babysitting it, nor as on off neither as continuous shoot.
The MP game is in sandbox anyway, no science to be done. There are mods that work that way though, where you bring experiment parts up to do science.

And apparently in 1.0 the lab will function differently, letting you process data over long periods to get better output.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 07:59:39 am »

Because they did something silly and made it redundant when they introduced skills.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 08:02:23 am »

Because they did something silly and made it redundant when they introduced skills.
To be fair, the lab was never very interesting. What they have done now makes more sense to me. A trained scientist gives a nice flat bonus to transmitted science and can reset experiments, but the lab will let you analyze an experiment over a long period and generate more science than is otherwise possible to obtain. Now there is a reason to include a lab.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 12:52:55 pm »

Personally, I'm kind of terrible at rendezvousing with anything that isn't a moon without MechJeb (even though 80% of the time I've played KSP has been without it).

Aside: I voted against snacks because it lacks the recycling stuff that TAC life support has (for bigger long term missions), but TAC life support adds a ton of parts, and kerbals can die if you use it, so I can see why you would prefer snacks instead.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 01:01:55 pm »

TAC would probably be terrible for a multiplayer server because time can advance while you are not online meaning your mission and kerbals will be eating up resources (literally) and will die off if someone else does a bunch of time warping.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 01:14:39 pm »

why u no use 2.5mt port?
The science module has a 2.5m port on one side and a 1.25m port on the other side. If you want to move it you're free to do so. :P

There was only one 2.5m port open at the time I docked it so I put it there. If you want a 2.5m port on the other side it would be easy to slap on an adapter.

I would prefer the station use 1.25 parts for its connectors, with the battery behind it, and the structural adaptor of 1.25 to 2.5 on both ends.  Provides a bit more spacing, and that was the structure used for the first two modules.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8