Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blocky Map App  (Read 15326 times)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blocky Map App
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 09:29:50 pm »

At first thanks, mapper, your work is great and really useful. Some thing about landmark - then i firstly saw your program i think than ou it's cool for history analysis stories and so i use it with paint(to make somethink like primitive landmarks  - like this (fool txt with story here http://vk.com/topic-2606586_31360079?post=14858) and it's really look cool(probadly not such cool as (made with terragen) it this moment, but really simplier to make.
And so  i really glad to see your utilite updated.
Secondly... that you think about making page of this project on github or somewhere else? I really think that a lot of other DF players can join to you and help your made utilite better. For example i such as Dabbling unity programmer(V Rusry) can try make sun/moon light system to make screenshot more beutiful and so on.
Finally some ideas.
1.Question to Japa and idea at the same point
 How do you think, is it real to export positions of all armies on working map with DFHack and use them in this utilite to make it realtime?
2. It will be intresting to make somethink like politic map.
3.And of course... can you make script that using legends.xml and exporting landmarks from it? probadly Blocky Map can be somethik like WorldViever 3d?
P.S. Pleaaaaaaseeee built it for android....
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 09:31:23 pm by Heretic »

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 06:14:36 pm »

Ok I am back.

After some testing it seems that the water and icons are visible...but everything else is still pitch black.

After pressing draw on all sample maps both the chunks and all the other messages appear normally.No error message or something like that.

Running on Windows 7 Ultimate,32-bit, 2,70GHz and 2GB RAM.

A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 11:50:12 am »

This looks sweet.  I've always got a thing for visualizers...

Edit: It's 1.30AM and I'm converting entire worlds into glorious 3D.  Consider me addicted, and a screenshot as a thanks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:38:46 pm by Bearskie »

The Enigmatic L

• Bay Watcher
  • The Truth is always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 12:07:28 pm »

I love the idea of this mod and I simply adore the pictures I can find, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to properly export my worlds and use them through the Blocky World App. I can't find any tutorials, either, since it's somewhat new. I'm lost!

Can anybody help this lowly pleb =<? All I've done so far is export through legends and turn what came out into a .png with gimp, but that didn't seem to work. Is there a correct export option to choose? And how exactly does adding landmarks work?

EDIT: Found the right exports for color and height after actually examining the samples, but they only worked once I put my .pngs into the images folder instead of the User Generated Content folder. No matter what I did to the latter folder, it would not accept it for some ungodly reason. Alls I need is the landmark stuff.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 02:43:06 pm by The Enigmatic L »
Does wisdom perhaps appear upon the Earth as a raven inspired by the scent of carrion?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 11:51:06 am »

Odd. Maybe there's an issue with spaces in filenames.

Thank you to lethosor for his ideas about landmarks
It was Ragundo that suggested that, actually.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 07:22:12 pm »

Question:Is there any way to visualize a fortress with this tool?

I'm pretty new to visualizers, and this seems amazing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 02:51:55 am »

Question:Is there any way to visualize a fortress with this tool?

I'm pretty new to visualizers, and this seems amazing.

Nope, just world maps exported from legends mode.  For fortresses, check out Armok Vision.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

LordSkaven

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 04:01:29 am »

Hey man,

Do you have plans of posting the source code or project for the app. As i would really like to take a look at how you do things. Also it might allow others to add features.

Thanks,
LordSkaven

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2015, 05:01:06 am »

Do you have plans of posting the source code or project for the app. As i would really like to take a look at how you do things. Also it might allow others to add features.

Unfortunately Mapper hasn't logged in since May, and never responded to my request to publish source code.  I'm pretty sure that means this project is dead for good.   :-[
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 [2]