Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Three Barons  (Read 1527 times)

JRHaggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Three Barons
« on: January 06, 2016, 08:03:08 pm »

I have three barons residing in my fort.

The first is the rightful baron of Seizetomb.

But, recently, two immigrant dorfs simultaneously inherited baronial titles. So now the Baron of Seizetomb, the Baroness of Mirrorstandard. and the Baron of Helmstockade are all making demands and decreeing mandates.

Will the two expatriated nobles emigrate to their rightfully held fortresses? Or am I damned to endure a troika of pissy, goodfornothing snobs ruining everything?

I'm still on 40.24. Is this a temporary condition or am I going to have to start plotting my first ever noblicide?

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
Re: Three Barons
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 08:10:03 pm »

Only three? I once got nine foreign barons at once.

But yeah, they'll always be mandating and demanding crap. And if you meet the requirements for a count/duke, they'll all upgrade. Best to arrange an Unfortunate Accident before things get out of hand.
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 08:11:43 pm »

Only three? I once got nine foreign barons at once.

But yeah, they'll always be mandating and demanding crap. And if you meet the requirements for a count/duke, they'll all upgrade. Best to arrange an Unfortunate Accident before things get out of hand.
guess all those barons will be...  .....seizing their tombs

YEAUHHHHH!!!!!
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

JRHaggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 08:19:50 pm »

I guess I'll see how long I can stick it out. This is not a kind of !fun! I've had before...

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 08:43:05 pm »

If you're up to it, arm them and lock them in a room with food, a well(no booze), one bed, and three chairs to one table, all of this being lowest quality available. Then, just mess with them until they snap. Last one alive gets to be true baron, regardless of sanity or lack thereof. Repeat the process if any more nobles migrate to your fort, forcing the reigning champ to defend his title.
Basically, I'm suggesting you repurpose your fort to host a dwarven game show/reality tv series.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 09:00:38 pm »

This was caused by the much overlooked change from the original DF 2014 patch- world gen continues during play.  Originally, worldgen would freeze while you had an active game.  It might advance in snippets between fortresses, but no "events" would happen so long as you had a fort or adventurer going.  Now, while you are screaming at the military/equipment screen, picking plump helmets, and harassing local wildlife, wars are being fought outside your borders.  Since both inherited their titles at the same time, I'm confident a battle took place that killed off both of the older barons.  Their kids/however heirs are picked immigrated to your fort and BOOM! Baron bomb. 

I'd also recommend you kill them off.  You don't want three times the dukeage if you are going that route.  Keep your original and send the other two to reunite with their ancestors.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 04:39:24 am »

You could also avoid setting up the (in)justice system and just ignore all demands. The nobility will get annoyed, of course, but if they start making real trouble (not just produce hot air), you're justified in doing away with them.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 05:27:23 am »

Magma.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 06:07:00 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.