Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 5]  (Read 15301 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 5]
« on: April 26, 2015, 02:23:36 am »

Turn 0: A Turn of the Wheel

In the beginning, a universe is silent, filled with nothingness. From this dark canvas the gods work their ways, creating many beauties and abominations to fulfill their will. These universes are but one of many realities within the multiverse, each with its own ruling divinities and subject mortals. In some realities, the gods are in accord, ruling with each other like siblings. In some realities, great wars are waged between rival deities, seeking domination over their foes for the hearts and minds of mortal souls. In yet others, the gods are long dead, slain by their mortal slaves.

Regardless of the events within a universe's lifespan, it is not exempted from the effects of age. Divinities returned to the Void. Mortals assimilated into the universe. Planets and stars uncreated. In time, the universe dies, returned to the primordial essence of its creation. Perhaps it's final moments are spent in agony, perhaps in serenity. Whatever the case the universe, and all its inhabitants, cease to be.

And from this corpse, a new universe rises.

In the beginning, the universe is silent, filled with nothingness. Slowly, over the span of eons, the essence of the divine seeps into reality. Two strands arrive first, one thinks of death, the other life. The first was a robed corpse, an ironic deity for a newly-birthed universe. The second was a reptilian beast who hid itself amongst the dark space of Creation.

Two others followed. A creature of plate emerged from the essence, armed with a shield held together only by the divine. Next to him was a human child, adorned with sweets and flowers. One who protected from intervention and one who delighted in doing so.

Regardless of what they had been, or what they had not been, these were the first gods and inhabitants of Creation and through their actions would it be shaped.

Code: [Select]
Kerikavae: 1MA 1A
Meoboroje: 1MA 1A
Pif-Ria: 1MA 1A
Vodoth: 1MA 1A

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:47:04 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 1]
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 02:24:31 am »

Spoiler: Player Sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Civilisations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cosmology and Sites (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Groups of Interest (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 08:23:01 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 02:29:23 am »

OOC Thread
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:12:35 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 02:37:11 am »

[Reserved]
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 02:46:30 am »

The one of Death seeks out the one of Life.

"Greetings. One of Life."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 11:31:27 am »

"Die merely ascendant, wake a God... ah... well, this changes little."
The plated being muttered briefly to himself before standing tall and looking about the void, at his fellow Gods: one in a robe, one a dragon, and one a child.

"Hello. I believe some introductions are in order, yes? I am Saint Meoboroje of the Aegis. This..." He raised his shattered shield. "...is my Aegis. This shield gained its form the same way I gained mine: I once used it, when I was mortal, to block the blow of an Ancient. That led to my presence in the Void. That led to my existence here, as a God.

I will make what this means clear: I exist to protect. My goal in this universe shall be to provide a shield for the mortal, for those lesser and those in danger. I shall protect from monsters, from Gods if need be, and even from the end of all things. This is not to say that I will make it my duty to meddle in simple affairs of creation and worship, for those are done in good will and are necessary for the existence of this universe. But if I witness mortals being toyed with, twisted, bullied, or outright attacked, then this Aegis will be raised in defense."

"Now..." He gathered the mightiest piece of his divine power, and funneled it into the Aegis. "...I hope you can pardon my lack of cooperation here in creation. I am not a god of making but rather of protecting what has already been made. I shall be more useful in the end than in the beginning."

Use a Major Act to give the Aegis protective powers against the divine; make it so that all of the power of this Mighty Act is focused in it on protecting from Gods, from Ancients, and their acts... and perhaps even ascendants should it ever be necessary.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:48:34 am by Powder Miner »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 12:00:25 pm »

Pif-Ria grins sweetly, but beneath it she was worried for Saint Meoboroje. Such negativity in his words and actions: The universe was just born, and he was already fretting about the end times and implicitly threatening the other gods. Perhaps she could calm him down a bit.

The child-like creature skips over to the saint, and leans against his leg, starring up at him with wide eyes. "We can't be silly or useless papa! I, Pif-Ria, am a child of joy, but I can't bring happiness to the non-existent no more than you can defend them. There are only four of us, we all need to pitch in. Perhaps we leave it to the others to make a universe, and we can fill it with the sort of mortals we wish to work with, no?"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:20:36 pm by Weirdsound »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 03:05:33 pm »

From the void dark shapes converge into a claw, then two, which pulls a face up out of the blackness.

Hello Brother Death, I see nothing out here yet.  Would you create life only to destroy it?

As the Aegis washes out from Saint Meoboroje, from the face a toothy maw opens in a grin.

Don't trust us much I see.  I am hurt.  But good thinking.  I hope you do not hold back too much, not contributing would be quite boring.

Vodoth holds out a claw to Pif-Ria, curious how the innocent acting thing would respond.

A pleasure to meet one with spirit.  The end matters little to me, a good beginning more so.  If I make a world, what would you do with it? 

I can create life here, in the void, if you three wish, but it would be timeless and without the... emotions... you might appreciate.  I can also create a world if you three wish to fill it with living things.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 03:13:35 pm »

"Destroy? No, that is not my goal. Why destroy thought? Why waste potential? A loss of a mind is a travesty. I seek to guide those who's mortal lives have ended to their next stage of existence. And perhaps prolong especially gifted existences. However the mind can only last so long without a body. If the body is no more, the mind must move on."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 04:17:31 pm »

Taken aback by Pif-Ria's childish demeanor, Meoboroje slowed down for long enough to listen to the others.
"Papa? Wha... ...hmm... I suppose you have a point. I would be glad to create mortals to protect, that much I can most certainly do."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 04:58:56 pm »

ptw

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 07:04:16 pm »

Vodoth holds out a claw to Pif-Ria, curious how the innocent acting thing would respond.

A pleasure to meet one with spirit.  The end matters little to me, a good beginning more so.  If I make a world, what would you do with it? 

Pif-Ria happily taps the claw with her tiny fist. "That depends on what kind of world you make silly! I wouldn't put fish in a land world, birds in a universe that lacks depth, or beings of soft organic flesh in a universe of burning sulfur. For each world there is one or more sorts of being that can be happy!"

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 11:07:02 am »

That works, let us make many things then.

Great claws reach out of the darkness and surround the four gods in a sphere.

First we must define our terms.  A cage to hold the mortal realm, inside where life may exist.  Outside?  The darkness unless it is altered.  Nothing mortal may pass out of this realm, except by the will of ones such as us.

The hands harden into an irregular, green metal.  Impassible to anything weaker then a god, regulating the inside of the sphere to create gravity pulling downwards and absorbing excess heat.

Life needs power and substance, to grow and move, now we just put it down and mix it up.

Great horned covered heads rise up from hundreds of places on the interior surface of the world and begin releasing water, mud, rocks, air and other materials from fanged maws, most of materals fall back down to the surface, dragged down by metal.

Vodoth opens his mouth at the center and breaths fourth fire and plasma, hot enough to burn most to a crisp.  This forms into a sphere of fierce orange light, bathing the interior of the world so that the chaotic landforms and lakes can be seen for the first time.  The gasses rise up towards the center and form clouds and intense weather patterns.

Well it is a start, rough around the edges but it will do.  They are lucky to have this much.

[Major Act]Create a hollow sphere out of a thin, green metal called Serage.  This metal feels warm and almost alive to the touch.  It keeps in anything mortal less then a god (or an ascendant working hard) and provides gravity and regulates the temperature so that the inside does not over heat too much.  Any part broken off from the larger piece disappears forever.  The inside surface area is about equal to four times the earth's.

Rough, chaotic land forms of mud rock and water with other minerals strewn about randomly are formed inside the sphere to a depth of several miles.  An orange star is placed in the middle,  strong enough to warm up the land below without boiling off the water.  A rough weather pattern forms with land hit by rain and wind regularly as the world heats up.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:24:33 am by VoidSlayer »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 11:40:34 am »

Pif-Ria applaud's Vodoth's work enthusiastically. "Wow! That is awesome! Lets put some mortals in there to appreciate it!"

The child-diety flies down through the Serage, and lands happily in a large pool of mud. After wallowing around for a few minutes, the now filthy goddess removes a flower from her hair, and blows its seeds across the mud. She then continues to wallow and splash, while singing a song of Life, Joy, Eternity, and Safety.

Pif-Ria wallows in the mud for what would be ages to a mortal, until eventually hundreds of greenish brown creatures rise from the mud to join the goddess in her song and frolicking. After several days, the creatures watch as their creator ascends back into the heavens, before forming small tribes and scattering across the young world to find mudpools of their own.

Act: Pif-Ria creates the Wallowings, an intelligent race of plant-matter based quadrupeds that live off the mineral rich mud and sunlight of the young world. The Wallowings live short lives, breed fast, and are prone to naturally occurring mutations; Given time and natural selection, they will branch out into new species of plant, both sentient and otherwise. The Wallowings have a simple, imperfect, yet innate understanding of the universes' four original gods, and find a deep and almost overwhelming joy in performing songs of worship.

---

Back in the heavens, Pif-Ria beams. "Look what I made! These Wallowings will find joy in giving us all power through praise, and will eventually seed the world with common plants that we can use to feed more fun and complex mortal races later!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 11:46:59 am »

"Perhaps a second layer with a handful of predefined entries may provide further stimulation for the mortals upon realizing they live within a sphere. As well as a land of night for those that find light unpalatable."

The one of death opens its book and begins to draw. A plating of a dark purple metal begins to form around the sphere of green, miles and miles of cavern, rock, water, metal, gem, and stone form, expanding outwards from the sphere, occasional spires of the purple metal spearing outwards, drawing upon the heat gathered by the Serage and dispersing it through the caverns. In time, the stone will warm. But not quite yet. The sun has yet to exist for so long. A second metal plating forms around the cavernous layer. Sealing the land and merging with the heatspires. The one of death pauses for a moment before poking a number of small and large holes though the inner layer of Kikav (the purple metal) and Serage, allowing mortal passage between the two lands should a deep enough hole be dug at just the right spot.

Major act, create a metal that mirrors the traits of divine metals it is touching, Kikav, in this case as the entire metal construct is touching Serage, it produces gravity and regulates heat, this metal could in theory be harvested and shaped, however you would need considerable mastery of the arcane to remove even a small piece.

The second part of the Major act involves making another layer for the sphere. Kikav plating and spires diffuse heat throughout the layer, said layer is cavernous and rocky. It's cold for now but it will warm in time. A second layer of Kikav forms around the cavern layer, sealing the mortals in and providing gravity via channeling Serage's gravitational trait. Holes are made between the surface and cavern layers. Although it will be quite a while before mortals begin traversing them. The depth of the caverns are several times that of the surface. Mainly due to a lack of making a sun and instead putting the energy into matter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14