Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dorfs On Parade  (Read 842 times)

NEANDERTHAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dorfs On Parade
« on: April 26, 2015, 10:40:18 am »

You know how when military dwarves train, they just sort of stand around? I think it would be cooler if the dwarves sort of stood in rows and did stuff like drills, an it would train discipline.

I fink it would also be cool if you could define a "parade route" through the hauling menu, and whenever a seige is lifted or a noble arrives and/or dies, whatever music group is visiting at the time, along with the army and the nobles, and if applicable som pallbearers and the casket would march down the route, and all the civies would stop what they were doing and watch the parade, and friends of the deceased, if applicable, would also join. It'd baisically be a huge party that actually has a purpose and would be entertaining for the player. Wouldn't that be cool!?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:25:55 pm by NEANDERTHAL »
Re: Dwarf Parades
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 12:51:16 pm »

Good idea. it would also bee nice if nobles (mostly mayors and other appointed ones) could hold political rallies and show their power by marching the troops around in formations USSR or Third Reich style.
Or you could just let the children roam free and natural selection will take care of them.
I'm now picturing an elf wrestler trying to suplex my battlements.

NEANDERTHAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 02:05:48 pm »

Or even better- what about an election month, chosen randomly for each civ? Every year, at that month, the aforementioned rallies would occur and the candidates would hold debates and speeches at the concert hall you build!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 02:07:43 pm »

That would be awesome!
Or you could just let the children roam free and natural selection will take care of them.

Waparius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfs On Parade
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 10:18:21 pm »

You know how when military dwarves train, they just sort of stand around? I think it would be cooler if the dwarves sort of stood in rows and did stuff like drills, an it would train discipline.

I fink it would also be cool if you could define a "parade route" through the hauling menu, and whenever a seige is lifted or a noble arrives and/or dies, whatever music group is visiting at the time, along with the army and the nobles, and if applicable som pallbearers and the casket would march down the route, and all the civies would stop what they were doing and watch the parade, and friends of the deceased, if applicable, would also join. It'd baisically be a huge party that actually has a purpose and would be entertaining for the player. Wouldn't that be cool!?

Parades, processions and celebrations would all be awesome to have in dwarf and adventure mode alike. I could see dwarf mode having such things set according to the player's schedule, but having nobles/guilds/religions/militia commanders demand a procession with particular things would be pretty amazing, especially if they occurred after important events.

Urist McPriest demands PROCESSION with >3 TOTEMS from DUKE'S THRONE ROOM to TEMPLE
Urist McMilitia Commander demands PROCESSION with 12 PRISONERS-OF-WAR from TRAINING AREA to TAVERN

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 09:06:57 am »

Urist McSupremeLeader demands PROCESSION with >5 MOBILE MISSILE LAUNCHERS from BARRACKS to THRONE ROOM to BARRACKS
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 09:44:37 am »

Urist McSupremeLeader demands PROCESSION with >5 MOBILE MISSILE LAUNCHERS from BARRACKS to THRONE ROOM to BARRACKS

That could happen, I've been told that Toady plans to add tech trees.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 06:41:00 pm »

It might be a good idea to include coup d'état mechanic then