Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Error log, cant figure out whats wrong.  (Read 2568 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Error log, cant figure out whats wrong.
« on: April 27, 2015, 03:01:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I got this error log and after wracking my brain for a long period of time i cant seem to figure out what I am doing wrong... These are not my weapons, they are from a mod I downloaded, and I figure they should work, i mean i changed there names and such and some of the values but I didnt touch the  ITEM_WEAPON area, I will post a copy of one of the ones the error log seems to be having a issue with..

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR_VOULGE]
   [NAME:voulge:voulges]
   [SKILL:SPEAR]
        [SIZE:1200]
        [TWO_HANDED:77500]
        [MINIMUM_SIZE:62500]
        [MATERIAL_SIZE:5]
        [ATTACK:EDGE:50:2000:stab:stabs:tip:1000]
        [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
        [ATTACK:EDGE:20000:8000:hack:hacks:NO_SUB:1250]
        [ATTACK:BLUNT:20000:6000:bash:bashes:shaft:1250]

This is at the top of my list for things it has a problem with...

I placed this token for it in my entity file [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR_VOULGE]

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Error log, cant figure out whats wrong.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 03:08:55 am »

Well, that weapon looks completely alright. Since they're being missed in batches, I'm guessing the new files aren't being picked up.
Are the filenames named like item_xyz.txt? Do those item_xyz.txt files have the proper headers?

Code: [Select]
item_xyz

[OBJECT:ITEM]

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 03:28:01 am »

Well, that weapon looks completely alright. Since they're being missed in batches, I'm guessing the new files aren't being picked up.
Are the filenames named like item_xyz.txt? Do those item_xyz.txt files have the proper headers?

Code: [Select]
item_xyz

item_weapon_mod

Thats at the top of the page if thats what you mean.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 03:34:35 am »

Yeah, I did. If those first lowercase lines match the filenames, I'm stumped.

Are the item files sitting in subfolders inside /raw/objects? Could you be making some really embarrassing mistake where you're modifying one set of raws and not noticing that you're playing with another?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 03:55:10 am »

Yeah, I did. If those first lowercase lines match the filenames, I'm stumped.

Are the item files sitting in subfolders inside /raw/objects? Could you be making some really embarrassing mistake where you're modifying one set of raws and not noticing that you're playing with another?

Can't be in subfolders, just the raw/objects folder.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 03:58:09 am »

Exactly, that's why I asked.

If all of those things are stuffed into one long file instead of dividing them between categories like usual, I could vaguely imagine something going wrong but I can't argue why it wouldn't work. I don't think anyone has ever tried.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 12:00:57 pm »

Its not in a sub foldier... iv been using DF for a long time, things never just dont work for no reason, something has got to be wrong here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 01:14:10 pm »

Its not in a sub foldier... iv been using DF for a long time, things never just dont work for no reason, something has got to be wrong here.
We've exhausted the obvious pitfalls of modding, so everything that's left is unlikely.  It looks like an entire file has been skipped, but it would help to confirm that this is, in fact, one file.

Any chance that your editor decided to be helpful and save your work in RTF?  Or encode it in Unicode?  Or otherwise make the file human-readable but invalid as raws?  Copy and paste everything into Notepad++ and make sure the encoding matches what you see for functioning raw files.

Depending on your OS, file permissions can let you read the file but not the DF application.  DF doesn't report file I/O errors, opting instead to silently skip the troublesome file.

It's very rare now-a-days, but hard drives can mangle a sector.  Again, DF doesn't report file I/O errors.  Try renaming (not deleting) the file to something without a .txt extension, then copy your modded raw in again.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 03:03:58 pm »

We've exhausted the obvious pitfalls of modding, so everything that's left is unlikely.  It looks like an entire file has been skipped, but it would help to confirm that this is, in fact, one file.

Any chance that your editor decided to be helpful and save your work in RTF?  Or encode it in Unicode?  Or otherwise make the file human-readable but invalid as raws?  Copy and paste everything into Notepad++ and make sure the encoding matches what you see for functioning raw files.

Depending on your OS, file permissions can let you read the file but not the DF application.  DF doesn't report file I/O errors, opting instead to silently skip the troublesome file.

It's very rare now-a-days, but hard drives can mangle a sector.  Again, DF doesn't report file I/O errors.  Try renaming (not deleting) the file to something without a .txt extension, then copy your modded raw in again.

How about i just post the entire files here? I will make three posts each one cluding my entity file, my tokens, and my modded weapons.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 03:04:26 pm »

This is my entire item_weapon_mod folder.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 03:06:45 pm »

These are the tokens.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 03:12:57 pm »

Turns out the entity file exceeds the maximum amount of characters, so i need to post each creature entity file individually.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 03:14:51 pm »

These are dwarves with the tokens in use.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 03:15:42 pm »

Elves with the tokens in use.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 03:16:56 pm »

Humans with tokens in use.
Pages: [1] 2