Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: This Forum's BBCode Help Thread  (Read 19710 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: This Forum's BBCode Help Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2016, 08:32:34 pm »

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

Anyone found any function of the first and second number on this forum? Can you create different results?
By my understanding, the original format was textcolor,glowcolor,glowstrength, but it's nonfunctional now; you can change the color of the glow by changing the listed color, but that's it.
That doesn't really make sense. Why would "text color" be a part of it when that is a separate thing?
Because the color is applied to the glow, not the text itself. That's just how I've always found it to be described. It's the color of the glow applied to the text within the tag, in plain English.

For example, green text with a red glow. The text color is green. The text color of the glow is red.

No that doesnt make sense, what you just did is this:
[color=green][glow=red,2,300]For example, green text with a red glow.[/glow][/color]

You added color as an additional command. How then, does "red,2,300" mean "textcolor,glowcolor,glowstrength"?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2016, 11:55:43 am »

[color=green][glow=red,2,300]For example, green text with a red glow.[/glow][/color]

You added color as an additional command. How then, does "red,2,300" mean "textcolor,glowcolor,glowstrength"?

It doesn't.

Because the color is applied to the glow, not the text itself.

Flying Dice clearly stated that the colour parameter in the glow tag applies only to the colour of the glow. So if you want to change the text colour, you have to add in a colour tag too (as you have pointed out). Thus the glow tag works like [glow=glowcolour.nothing.nothing]Text goes here[/glow]. Does that make sense?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2016, 07:49:49 am »

Does anyone know how to indent? I found a sloppy way of doing it. You make a list of bullets with [x], if one contains bbc like italic the following will indent along with any text.
        You can just use spaces.
                There's 8 per "tab".
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:01:52 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2016, 07:54:01 am »

I tried copying in a tab character from notepad,
      but it's not that big when displayed as a post.

Code: [Select]
It works okay in code tags.
        Confirmed 8 spaces per tab.

Teletype is at least bigger than default.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:03:52 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2016, 02:32:02 pm »

Apologies, I think I misremembered. It's been a long while. The actual format for the glow tag we have is
[glow=color,strength,width][/glow] As before, the last two are nonfunctional on B12. I think that there might have been another iteration of the tag with different content (i.e. specifying both text color and text glow color), but TBH it's hazy as fuck in my memory.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2016, 01:24:26 pm »

It doesn't.

Because the color is applied to the glow, not the text itself.

Flying Dice clearly stated that the colour parameter in the glow tag applies only to the colour of the glow. So if you want to change the text colour, you have to add in a colour tag too (as you have pointed out). Thus the glow tag works like [glow=glowcolour.nothing.nothing]Text goes here[/glow]. Does that make sense?

Of course not haha. Yes it does nothing so far as we can tell, though it can be assumed, can it not, that it originally did something.

Does anyone know how to indent? I found a sloppy way of doing it. You make a list of bullets with [x], if one contains bbc like italic the following will indent along with any text.
        You can just use spaces.
                There's 8 per "tab".

That is far from ideal in a long list of information especially when the bullet trick makes it automatic. Would seem there should be a way to initiate that indent protocol without the bullet trick though.

I tried copying in a tab character from notepad,
      but it's not that big when displayed as a post.

It works okay in code tags.
        Confirmed 8 spaces per tab.

Teletype is at least bigger than default.

Oh nice. I'd still say that's slightly inferior for practical use but definitely an option.

Apologies, I think I misremembered. It's been a long while. The actual format for the glow tag we have is
[glow=color,strength,width][/glow] As before, the last two are nonfunctional on B12. I think that there might have been another iteration of the tag with different content (i.e. specifying both text color and text glow color), but TBH it's hazy as fuck in my memory.

I'll mark this down as the believed system unless someone wants to say otherwise.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2016, 01:37:29 pm »

Hmm....

Wait a second.
    Wait for it.

*facepalm*

[list] is what I wanted.
thaaanks FD...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:39:12 pm by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2016, 02:14:39 pm »

Are there more smileys than the default ones that work here ???

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2016, 02:38:38 pm »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2016, 12:45:19 am »

:P
Yes
Wow, what else is there, extra fonts perhaps? Does anyone know of more smileys than the ones mentioned there, even they mentioned a ninja one.

In regards to testing cross post anchoring:
Does work between posts, but I do not believe it does between pages. I am not %100 sure, as I cant get this code to act reliably the way its seemingly supposed to anyway. But to prove my point I hijacked Arx's anchor.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:13:58 am by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2016, 12:45:38 am »

You can create an indent in your post by using a bullet [x] that uses any code in it. For ex.

• why hello
    I said goodday

Good day!

Unknown how to stop.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:12:13 am by GameBoyBlue »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2016, 02:59:27 pm »

You can create an indent in your post by using a bullet [x] that uses any code in it. For ex.

• why hello
    I said goodday

Good day!

Unknown how to stop.
You need a [/list] tag to stop it. [x] seems to work as an implicit [list].

It's unfortunate that italic tags seem to ruin the ability to do an indent without the bullet. See below.

In related news:
  • Well
  • This
  • Is
  • Interesting
Stumbled across it while looking for a working blank list. Can't find any comprehensive list (no pun intended) anywhere. Found it in the online manual:

None, disc, circle, square, decimal, decimal-leading-zero, lower-roman, upper-roman, lower-alpha, upper-alpha, lower-greek, lower-latin, upper-latin, hebrew, armenian, georgian, cjk-ideographic, hiragana, katakana, hiragana-iroha and katakana-iroha.

[list type=none][li]Your indented lines here.[/list]
  • why hello
    I said goodday

Good day!
This is how you stop.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:20:24 pm by Bumber »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2016, 03:54:02 pm »

Great stuff, very important. However the indent caused by a the bullet trick doesn't require list brackets for each item. It just does it.

Is there bbcode to make an image change to a different one when hovered over?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2016, 12:37:23 am »

Great stuff, very important. However the indent caused by a the bullet trick doesn't require list brackets for each item. It just does it.
[list type=none][li]It
works
just
fine.[/list]
  • It
    works
    just
    fine.

List brackets go around the entire thing to tell it when to stop. If you meant [li], that's for adding new bullet points, which is pointless (another unintended pun) when type=none makes them invisible.

[list type=none][li]Now
[list type=none][li]with
[list type=none][li]nesting![/list][/list][/list]
  • Now
    • with
      • nesting!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 12:48:11 am by Bumber »

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2016, 12:08:47 pm »

Now this font is blue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7