Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: The Slime Arena Turn 6 (It's dead)  (Read 13868 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Slime Arena Turn 6 (That death was bull!)
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2015, 09:05:28 pm »

Whoops, had this written down but forgot to post it.

Hello everyone, you probably guessed this already but now I'm making it official.

This game is Dead.

Now the reasons for such a death is quite simple, a lack of motivation. Of course where that lack of motivation comes from is a bit more complex.

First of all, after looking through this all, I realize that I am a bad GM who made a sloppy rule-set. One mistake that I sincerely regret is making the encounters dependent on dice rather than deliberate design (imagine if dark souls was haphazardly turned into a roguelite). The specific encounter I was referring to would be the indestructible bear of course. When I first spawned the bear, I didn't think that it was going to be indestructible but after looking at everything again, there would have only been one way to kill it (other than grinding resources and killing it later of course).

Now the second reason would be the disappearance of players. Pretty self-explanatory. I don't harbor any ill will towards them especially since they seemed to have disappeared from the forums in general rather than just from my game. I hope that they are able to resolve whatever was distracting them.

For my last words I just want to say to you guys that I am honored for having you guys try out my game and I am very sorry for not being able to continue it. I've learned a lot from this experience and I hope to apply these lessons to any future games that I host.

I might one day make a spiritual successor since I believe that this is still a good concept and I believe that I might one day learn to pull it off correctly
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:07:25 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: The Slime Arena Turn 6 (It's dead)
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2015, 08:13:59 am »

Was the killing way drowning it with our own body? Cause that was my backup plan.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2015, 08:32:23 am »

thanks for official msg. Cya on Bay12 mate ;)
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2015, 12:20:06 pm »

Was the killing way drowning it with our own body? Cause that was my backup plan.
Actually it was luring it into the Heavywater Basin. You would have then been able to jump in, loot the bear corspe, and then waterbend your way out.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2015, 12:53:18 pm »

That was my second guess.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2015, 01:27:28 am »

So what are we talking here? New RTD? Or what?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2015, 12:44:41 pm »

Currently nothing at the moment. Right now I feel that I would rather watch RTDs than make them. I still need to come up with a new and hopefully better ruleset.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2015, 05:54:54 am »

Then why you don't try and play one?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children