Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: assign wheelbarrow to garbage dump  (Read 2950 times)

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
assign wheelbarrow to garbage dump
« on: April 28, 2015, 07:42:02 pm »

Sure would be useful, especially in early game.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: assign wheelbarrow to garbage dump
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 09:10:21 pm »

As an added bonus, remove the arbitrary 3 wheelbarrow limit per stockpile, and allow dwarves to still haul items manually to said stockpile even if wheelbarrows are being used by other dwarves.

Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 01:57:53 am »

One of the reasons I assign wheelbarrows to stockpiles is to control how many of my citizens will work on filling it up at once, so I'd prefer that they not haul items manually when the wheelbarrows are in use.  But it would be nice to assign as many wheelbarrows as I wanted to a given pile, and to assign them to dump zones and workshops.  Also, maybe a standing order that assigns a number of wheelbarrows to furniture building tasks, so it doesn't take as long to build heavy items like statues and coffins.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 02:19:52 am »

One of the reasons I assign wheelbarrows to stockpiles is to control how many of my citizens will work on filling it up at once, so I'd prefer that they not haul items manually when the wheelbarrows are in use.  But it would be nice to assign as many wheelbarrows as I wanted to a given pile, and to assign them to dump zones and workshops.  Also, maybe a standing order that assigns a number of wheelbarrows to furniture building tasks, so it doesn't take as long to build heavy items like statues and coffins.
Maybe there could be a setting where dwarves use loose wheelbarrows (reserved for this purpose) to haul any load over a certain weight (set in standing orders) to its destination. Wheelbarrow nearest item is preferred.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?