Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (IC)  (Read 8005 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Dragon Ball RPG (IC)
« on: April 28, 2015, 08:45:15 pm »

Fuar

You awaken from your rest within the ship.  You haven't been able to get the ship working, but you believe you managed to collect the parts that scattered from the crash that stranded you upon this planet.  If you can figure out how to get it back into working order, you might be able to leave for another planet.  You haven't encountered any intelligent life in the time you've spent on the planet.

As you stand on the outside of your ship, you begin to mull over this fact.  Eventually, the realization comes that you haven't actually gone out in search of anyone intelligent.  You've only been looking around the close area.  For all you know, there could be tons of intelligent life but you've never gone far enough out in search of it...

Nohkan

You slowly gather yourself after awakening from your Restful Meditation upon the western range.  You had decided to reach out to the Dragon Balls you had created to see if their energy indicated if they had been used, and, as usual, they have not been utilized since the last time you had used them to revert the destruction caused to a region you were visiting due to a Tsunami two dozen years ago.  You have been checking up on them more than usual from how often you noticed a set being used in the North.  The first time was a surprise, as you did not expect there to be another Namekian upon the planet, but the three subsequent have started to make you a bit concerned as the wishes occurred fairly frequently.

Clearing your thoughts of the information you already know, you begin wandering across the mountain.  There is the occasional thought of utilizing your Burrow to continue on, the thought becoming major in your mind after you instinctively use your sword to kill a wild animal that had decided to attack you.  You think to clean off your blade, but before you do so, you see a structure and a being you do not recognize, at first.  Then you recall the time before you came to the planet, and recognize the being for what it is, an Acrosian, also known as a Frost Demon...

Matilda Ardell

You are Matilda Ardell.  As of recently, you had finished your training under your former mentor, who had only identified themself as 'the Mentor'.  In search of further training, you have been following up on rumors of a mountain hermit by the name of Nohkan, as the Mentor recommended searching out others so you can gain a greater variety of skills.

Today, you are searching through the Western Mountains, as that was the last location the elusive being had been thought to be heading.  As you search through the mountain, hoping that this does not turn out to be yet another dead end search, you offhandedly evaluate the areas you pass by as to how effective this location would serve to practice your ki in, as well as how a battle would play out.  You soon stop when you see a being.  You recognize the scimitar as looking the same as the one that was held by Nohkan.  One thing that draws your attention is that the being is apparently of the same race as the Northern King Piccolo.  The other thing that draws your notice is that the scimitar is covered in red blood...

Doctor Axal

As a part of some recent research, you find yourself heading up into the western mountains.  You had recently come across a detailed account of the impact that had occurred within the area, and, after realizing that what had caused the impact may have been an alien ship, you rushed out here quickly.  While most would have dismissed this, you had not, as, even if it wasn't a ship that you could gain valuable information from to improve your Ki batteries, there could be rare earth metals inside it that could also be useful, if they haven't degraded by this point.  Considering the reputation the location has, you hired some help, Yusuke Yurei, to act as a guard.  While your ki is at the point where you can handle wildlife attacks (and your ki batteries can push you even further), you lack practical battle experience and have some equipment you want to bring with you, so having someone else along would be useful.

You're nearing the site with a moderate pace.  You will arrive there within a few minutes...

Yusuke Yurei

You make your way up the mountain behind the researcher, Dr. Axal, you had been hired to assist.  While you do believe the good doctor could easily protect himself, from what you saw of a testing field he had hidden, his hands would be a tad too full to be able to protect himself despite this.

You're nearing the site he wanted to go to with a moderate pace.  You will arrive there within a few minutes...

Ateyo

Your pod silently follows the one belonging to Raditz, out of range of the alert system and the scouters.  Pree was concerned as to why Vegeta decided to send him out here and ordered you to follow him.  She's been getting a bit paranoid about whether or not your group would be discovered by Vegeta or not, but so far he, Nappa, or Raditz have found out.  As far as you know, at least.

As Raditz's pod lands on the Northern Hemisphere, you direct your pod to land in the Southern.  As you come into the atmosphere, your pod detects something strange.  It is an extremely weak signal, barely detectable even from being within a few hundred miles of it.  After your pod impacts in a desert, you climb out, and after putting on your scouter, head out towards the source.  It'll be maybe a minute before you arrive there...

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Power Levels (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 12:41:59 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (IC)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 09:01:54 pm »

"Heh, so, Howya? I normally don't go quite so far from home for my research, But this, this could be big, yaknow?" Dr. Axal says to Yusuke, Shrugging the weighty pack And his own two hands, each filled with Delicate equipment for the purpose of finding out everything he can about this while on site, and enough hardier power tools to take back what he can't.

"Even if it's not, nothing cannot make waves, yaknow? Might find a goodie or two just poking around."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:05:22 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 09:28:07 pm »

"Hey, whatever boss. Ive seen enough weird things on this planet already. An alien or whatever they bring can't surprise me. Pleasantly or unpleasantly."

Yusuke followed behind Axel, carrying less-delicate and more-heavy things on his back.. He doesn't seem to be as effected by the weight as the Doctor, walking along with his hands in his trench coat pocket.

"Best comes to best and I get paid for dragging this stuff out for you. Don't get me wrong, boss, I love a good fight. But walking the world just ain't fast enough. I want to get a new car-one of those fancy flying ones. I had one, a good one too. Got it shot down....

Anyway, boss, what are we gonna do if someone else shows up first? You can't be the only one after this thing."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 09:35:13 pm »

So this is Nohkan... Matilda muses. Hue. I didn't know there were others like the North King here on Earth.
Wait, hold it.. Is that blood? No way. What would he have blood on scimitar for?
Actually, now that I think about it, the Mentor never told me just what kind of guy this Nohkan was. For all we know he could be a murderer or intergalactic assassin or something! Dammit, I was hoping to learn more about Ki from him. This totally sucks.
Guess I'll have to watch from back here, see if his contractors are landing with his payment or something...

For now, Matilda stays where she is, trying not to be noticed and watching what Nohkan is doing.
Black lives matter.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 09:37:15 pm »

"Ask nicely and hope for the best? Nah brudda, if we don't hit the ground from em lookin' at us, I will get what I can get, even if I have to kick a few, Ya?" Axal says with a wide grin.

"But trust me, you help me good like you been doing? you get a goo~d payday, Yaknow?" Axal states, thinking just how hard this will break into his "Fun money" as he calls it. A small grimace crosses his face, before he sweeps it away.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:39:17 pm by Shadestyle »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 09:42:57 pm »

"Too much kicking gets done and I'll have to charge extra, boss."

This darb I found has an awful balled-up way of talking. So long as I see the rubes, everything is copacetic...

((Aww. You ninja-edited.))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:48:53 pm by Stirk »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 09:47:58 pm »

((Sorry  :P))

"Heh, Then I guess we better ask real nice, Eh?"

((I have been channeling my inner Hawaiian with every word.))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:49:36 pm by Shadestyle »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 09:49:19 pm »

((Now I tried to edit and you posted below me  :'())

"Looks like we are almost there, boss. I don't see much signs of a crash...Most crashes I seen have little bits of metal a good distance away. You would think we woulda seen some part of it by now."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 09:53:47 pm »

Dr. Axal's Silence speaks volumes, as he thinks to himself for a bit, before finally saying;

"This is fishy, I'm sure if there is an alien or two involved, their ship could be made of stuff that makes our dirt look an awful lot like butter, but... If that were the case, then something that advanced shouldn't have been spotted in the first place. You might get your kicking fee yet yaknow brudda?"

Axal unconsciously Rotates one of his finger joints in an impossible manner, The bionic and artificial sensation having become a point of stress relief for the portly doctor.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:55:44 pm by Shadestyle »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 10:25:28 pm »

Rare is it to see wanderers in this part of the world, rarer still to see an alien from a distant world on the humble world that is Earth! Such a violent and powerful race these creatures are rumoured to be. Not likely a conqueror, but perhaps a warrior or fugitive.

Slowly, pointedly, Nohkan cleans the blood from his blade and tucks it into his sash. Then, still moving slowly, the Namekian places his palms together, perhaps in apparent prayer. However, Nohkan is not praying, and it is only moments later that he is burrowing into the earth, his unconventional form of transportation that is also one of his first lines of defence. He is heading closer, ever closer to the Acrosian.

If this is an opponent it may prove useful to determine whether i can catch them off guard.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 10:33:59 pm »

Matilda watches disgustedly as Nohkan cleans his scimitar.
Ugh. What a creep. I'm glad I didn't just go right up to h-- what the hell was that? Did he just go into the ground?! I've gotta see what this guy's about now!

Dropping any pretense of stealth, Matilda quickly channels her ki into her palms and spire Ki-Jumps after Nohkan.
Black lives matter.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 10:35:43 pm »

((Just Keep calm and press the circle button!))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 10:36:38 pm »

Dr. Axal's Silence speaks volumes, as he thinks to himself for a bit, before finally saying;

"This is fishy, I'm sure if there is an alien or two involved, their ship could be made of stuff that makes our dirt look an awful lot like butter, but... If that were the case, then something that advanced shouldn't have been spotted in the first place. You might get your kicking fee yet yaknow brudda?"

Axal unconsciously Rotates one of his finger joints in an impossible manner, The bionic and artificial sensation having become a point of stress relief for the portly doctor.

"....Ain't dirt already a lot like butter?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 10:37:54 pm »

((Oh my GOD, I love those games.
...I more meant, like, Earthbender's rock spire jump things, but I still appreciate the reference. :))))
Black lives matter.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:06 pm »

"Far from it, Dirt is a lot thicker, and a bit harder than most would think. Impacting water at high speed can cause harm for normies, much less dirt, yaknow. A lot of dirt wouldn't be here if every little thing could go cutting through it. Just doesn't happen." Axal brushes off the comment, amusing himself with the ridiculous idea of ordinary dirt being as soft as butter. and perfectly confident in it's Hard-packed ability to hold up his own two feet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9