Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Primal Entity of Life, Death, Intelligence, Creation, Destruction, and Blood  (Read 12349 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I read the table in a right way we are friends with -

Light, Fertility, Time | Life, Poetry, Wisdom  and Plants, Animals, Lust | Life, Art, Drugs

Our enemies are

Lightning, Plague, Fear | Fire, Light, Protection and Metal, War, Blood | Destruction, Weapons, Chaos

Interesting...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm surprised that DVS has the friends and enemies he has. We should talk to him and see what he's like.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

LFT and PAL are inclined to like you, yes.

If it helps translate, read it from left to right. Row 1 is "EAC has this opinion of the gods", so our row is "Neutral to everyone until further notice." If you decide to be friendly towards the other gods who like you, you can try to ally later.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

You certainly plan on introducing Your species to the Common Plane when it comes into existence. Or, technically, as a part of it; You understand that since Life is Your thing, it's mostly up to You to get things started. For the time being, You choose to regain Your energies aside from that which is needed to speak to the others who are like and unlike You.

After assessing the situation in general, You notice that You are actually well behind the leaders as far as the creation of the Common Plane is concerned.

Spoiler: Creation (click to show/hide)

Further, it's a bit over halfway done. You consider this development as you proceed to communicate to the Darkness/Void/Space god. You get the sense of Him:

Onomasticon: Darkness, Void, Space | Justice, Peace, Death
Sins: Vengeance, Ignorance, Immortality, War (deliberate offense, unnecesary battles, etc), Cruelty, Injustice
Virtues: Silence, Philosophy, Education, Wisdom, Science, Mercy

You're lead to understand that your current unclarified virtue of War is the main issue that leaves Onomasticon to remain neutral towards you, with Failure being a minor point. He doesn't suggest to You that You contribute more for Your (and His) own good, but You get the sense he's deliberately not saying it anyway.

In the meantime, back on Your plane where You reside outside of Your awareness, the species continue to change and grow at a rapid rate - or at least the A type, which is succeeding at the expense of both B types. The wild strain is becoming more toxic, and the few that survive in any concentration tend to be shunned by the A-type except in cases of extreme hunger.

Although the C type life declines slightly in response to less food, part of the "genestealer" type develops to be more like B-type life with photosynthesis and shape. You note that one or two of the larger colonies appear to tolerate their neighbors, although it doesn't stop them from eating their own species to the other side of them.

A: Shield-shaped, amphibious, lightweight. Catches wind/water currents for propulsion. Feeds on B-type life.
Af: Shield-shaped, aquatic, luminecent that catches water currents for propulsion and "cultivates" B-type life.
Bc: Square, moderately photosynthesizing and mildly fixing bacteria that exist in moderate, slightly cooperative colonies.
Bw: Rounded-square, lightly photosynthesizing and heavily fixing bacteria that exist in very small, highly competitive colonies.
C: Mutualistic rod/spiral, predatory cells with a short life cycle and a voracious/omnivore/cannibal appetite
Ca: Kite-shaped, lightweight, predatory mutualist cells with a short life cycle and a voracious/omnivore/cannibal appetite
Cg: Mutualistic rod/spiral, predatory cells with an extremely short life cycle, a voracious/omnivore/cannibal appetite, and the ability to steal genes from its prey
Cb: Mutualistic rectangular/multispiral predatory cells with a moderate life cycle, mild photosynthesis, and exist in small, occasionally cooperative colonies

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Replace War with Conflict as a virtue. War while destructive is not creative, unlike Conflict which is both. When a muscle is torn through use, it becomes stronger after it heals. When two different ideological sides conflict, new ideologies spring forth. Conflict results in evolution. War is a type of conflict, but it doesn't contain as many of the good things as conflict as a whole does.

Failure I think should remain a Sin as it is something to be avoided, but it should be considered a lesser Sin compared to Despair and Apathy as one would remain in failure should they indulge in them.

Turn Cg into carnivorous non-cannibals. Aside from the fact that stealing genes from plants are useless, making them target members of other species would force evolution on those species if they are to survive the new cooperation of Cg with each-other. When they eat A-types, some will turn into a new type of C that is once more omnivorous but so long as they're not all omnivorous it's fine.

Create a new type of B that lives with Bc and releases a chemical that attracts Cg when attacked. Since Cg are now carnivorous, they will only target A. This will create a symbiotic relationship between Bc and newB which might lead to a multicellular organism. It'll also force A to be faster or damage-resistant so they won't get killed by Cg when they're eating. Other A will move to Bw instead which will attract the other C-types, seeing as they can no longer feed around Cg because they no longer also eat themselves.

Can we get an updated You sheet? It took me a while to find out what our modified virtues and sins were, plus it'll be good to know if we have enough divine energy to make a Death scythe that can kill MWB.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 07:45:02 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Here we go.

Blood Golem
DMP: 3/6

God Points: 13/15
- 1 per turn for Common Plane; + 1 per turn for Creation aspect
- 6 for Divine Plane Changes, Theistic Evolution, Create Blood Golem
+ 5 for residing in Divine Plane (Turn 5)

Cycles: About 23 Full Cycles of Your Divine Plane before Common Plane completed

Life, Death, Intelligence | Creation, Destruction, Blood
Virtues:
Thought
Creation
Creativity
Learning
Friendship
War

Sins:
Waste
Immortality
Ignorance
Failure
Apathy
Despair

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's DMP? Also, can you explain the combat mechanics?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Divine MP, just read it as MP.

To kill a god, You need to remove their manifestation on the Common Plane, and conquer/kill the God and its divine plane. You're not going to have much luck trying to cut the others out right now, although you're welcome to spend points knocking on another God's domain and trying to conquer it with a single golem and some predatory bacteria.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I'm actually rolling my dice for this one. I haven't put a whole lot of thought into numbers at the moment, but I've been rolling d20, percentile, d4, and d6 in regards to success or failure.

I haven't really worked on direct divine combat, honestly. I can think of stuff.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many god points would it take to create a reaper-making artifact as described here?

What about a scythe created from all the death energy of the universe?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

First one? Let's go with ten for now.

Second one, all fifteen.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think that we need to waste time and our power modifying properties of bacterias and creating ecosystems, time to make them more complex introducing stuff that evolution will not achieve itself. Also I don't understand why stealing genes from plants is useless. On other hand I don't want to wage divine war just yet.

My ideas:

Create a 3-cell life form of life by fusing C, Ca and Cb bacterias. C to act as its flagella, Ca to act as its mouth and Cb to act as energy processor.
Not something that can happen naturally, but something relatively easy to do.

Enable sexual reproduction between A(male) and  Af(female)
Another big jump in evolution.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My ideas:

Create a 3-cell life form of life by fusing C, Ca and Cb bacterias. C to act as its flagella, Ca to act as its mouth and Cb to act as energy processor.
Not something that can happen naturally, but something relatively easy to do.

Enable sexual reproduction between A(male) and  Af(female)
Another big jump in evolution.
I will once against state that we shouldn't change all of a species to be like that. We'll take a fraction of them and mutate them in the way you suggested and then see if the mutations are effective. If they aren't, they'll be selected out and we'll have cut our losses. If they are, they'll become dominant and we'll have saved some god points.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

We can fuck with ecosystems really easily, and help either our species become dominant, or ensure it suits our taste. We want to shape the Common Plane to suit us. One way to do that is via organisms. Look at what photosynthetic bacteria did on earth, for example. Oxygen became a common thing because of them.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10