Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Primal Entity of Life, Death, Intelligence, Creation, Destruction, and Blood  (Read 12298 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got a nice (I think) idea

Invite Plants, Animals, Lust | Life, Art, Drugs to pay a visit to our divine plane with a friendly visit and ask him\her\it to participate in changes below:
a) Create a 3-cell life form of life by fusing C, Ca and Cb. C to act as its flagella, Ca to act as its mouth and Cb to act as energy processor.
b) Enable sexual reproduction between A(male) and  Af(female)
c) Create large multicellular 'plants' using B as a base.
d) Let her\she\it introduce new organisms ecosystem or modify some of ours
e) Apply all changes above only to a portion of existing organisms. All existing organisms should have a chance to compete with new creations.

Try to use the visit to forge a lasting alliance. If she\he\it disagree to pay a visit or help our evolution, do changes ourself.

Also, I think we should try to create a piece of art as a gift to impress PAL. Any ideas?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got a nice (I think) idea

Invite Plants, Animals, Lust | Life, Art, Drugs to pay a visit to our divine plane with a friendly visit and ask him\her\it to participate in changes below:
a) Create a 3-cell life form of life by fusing C, Ca and Cb. C to act as its flagella, Ca to act as its mouth and Cb to act as energy processor.
b) Enable sexual reproduction between A(male) and  Af(female)
c) Create large multicellular 'plants' using B as a base.
d) Let her\she\it introduce new organisms ecosystem or modify some of ours
e) Apply all changes above only to a portion of existing organisms. All existing organisms should have a chance to compete with new creations.

Try to use the visit to forge a lasting alliance. If she\he\it disagree to pay a visit or help our evolution, do changes ourself.

Also, I think we should try to create a piece of art as a gift to impress PAL. Any ideas?
1+

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

You examine Your portfolio on Your "counterpart":

Tava: Plants, Animals, Lust | Life, Art, Drugs
Sins: Disrespect, Senseless destruction, ?, ?, ?
Virtues: Respect, Sex, Creativity, Thought, Education, Creation

Deciding that They are indeed compatible, You decide to become Friendly towards Tava, and initiate contact. Although Tava seems rather disinclined towards leaving Tava's own plane at the particular moment owing to Tava's own Life, They are certainly willing to help with design for Your ideas and possibly visit at some later point. After spending the greater part of the Turn in discussion, You and Tava act.

First, You both work together to merge "C" type life into a complex single-cell being, then form multiple varieties together to create the first true multicellular life. From there, You both modify the A-type life. Tava, after merging the Ca into the A-type, introduces an additional variable of "electron eating" into the male and changes both sexes slightly to have triggers and responses. With this being done, You both set out to make B-type slime to be more plantlike, modifying both "cultivated" and "wild" B-slimes. Tava also adds in a "D" type life to act in concert with the B-types.

You suggest to Tava that You would like to provide a gift of Art to celebrate Your alliance; They indicate the Slimes are gift enough between equals, and politely return Their awareness back into Their own business.

A-Slime (male): Bristly-kiteshield, amphibious, electron-scavenger, lightweight. Feeds on B-type life.
A-Slime (female): Kiteshield, amphibious, luminecent. "Farms" B type life.
B-Slime (cultivated): Long, tubular, stiff photosynthesizing and mildly fixing. Exists in moderate, cooperative colonies connected by a "root" system partially made of D-type life.
B-Slime (wild): Rounded-square, photosynthesizing, heavily-fixing lightly-rooted slimes that contains D-type life inside in a mutualistic relationship
C-Slime (herm): Polygonal, "large mouthed" omnivore predator with a moderate life cycle and moderate photosynthesis.
A: Shield-shaped, amphibious, lightweight. Catches wind/water currents for propulsion. Feeds on B-type life.
Af: Shield-shaped, aquatic, luminecent that catches water currents for propulsion and "cultivates" B-type life.
Bc: Square, moderately photosynthesizing and mildly fixing bacteria that exist in moderate, slightly cooperative colonies.
Bw: Rounded-square, lightly photosynthesizing and heavily fixing bacteria that exist in very small, highly competitive colonies.
C: Mutualistic rod/spiral, predatory cells with a short life cycle and a voracious/omnivore/cannibal appetite
Ca: Kite-shaped, lightweight, predatory mutualist cells with a short life cycle and a voracious/omnivore/cannibal appetite
Cg: Mutualistic rod/spiral, predatory cells with an extremely short life cycle, a voracious/omnivore/cannibal appetite, and the ability to steal genes from its prey
Cb: Mutualistic rectangular/multispiral predatory cells with a moderate life cycle, mild photosynthesis, and exist in small, occasionally cooperative colonies
D: Spring-like bacteria that further participate in the fixing cycle; lives off of products of B-type life and decomposition

God Points: 15/15
- 1 per turn for Common Plane; + 1 per turn for Creation aspect
- 5 for Theistic Evolution; +2 Creation
+ 6 for residing in Divine Plane (Turn 6)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Create the Reaper Cloak, which we shall wear from now on.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Can we examine the Common Plane in it's current state to see what has already been done to it and what we can still do?

Also, we have a Blood Golem, and/or a Reaper to destroy Immortals. I feel we should have a guardian creature to protect life. Sacrificing one thing to save or create another, the Harvest, and the like seem like things we would be associated with/find important. Actually reminds me of some of the possible philosophy we might have; Life is not valuable for it's length, but for how brief it is,, and the impact it has while it exists. That fire which burns briefest burns brightest. The same is true of Death; a death is not meaningful if it cuts a life short that would end but a moment later anyway. But a death that ends the life of one who would live for hundreds of years otherwise? That has value. Meaning. Importance. That fire which burns longest and largest, when put out, makes the biggest change.

Other idea: I feel like Improvement would be a better virtue than Learning. Self-Improvement applies to learning, but is broader as well, and can apply to Evolution, or tearing something down to build it back up greater than before.

Also, are we able to devote more than 1 GP per turn into the Common Plane?

Sidenote: We have Life-Intelligence, so we're gonna want to make sentient life at some point. We've got Life-Death, so they should be mortal. And we have Death-Intelligence, so they should find some really creative ways of killing each other. Obviously, we're gonna make humans.

Other Sidenote: Sickles are totally cool, Andres. And our primary aspect is not death; Life and Death are both ends as well as means, not just means. Creation, Destruction, and Blood are means to an end. Intelligence is also an end/means. And anything that learns about us in full will worship Life and Death both.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, we have a Blood Golem, and/or a Reaper to destroy Immortals. I feel we should have a guardian creature to protect life. Sacrificing one thing to save or create another, the Harvest, and the like seem like things we would be associated with/find important. Actually reminds me of some of the possible philosophy we might have; Life is not valuable for it's length, but for how brief it is,, and the impact it has while it exists. That fire which burns briefest burns brightest. The same is true of Death; a death is not meaningful if it cuts a life short that would end but a moment later anyway. But a death that ends the life of one who would live for hundreds of years otherwise? That has value. Meaning. Importance. That fire which burns longest and largest, when put out, makes the biggest change.
-1 to all three.
Unlike immortals, things which kill off a lot of life are easy to locate and something that we and the other primal entities can take care of.
We don't need a 'Harvest' because we have no need to sacrifice anything to make other things, plus it sounds kinda corny, no offence.
As for that philosphy, it's pretentious. Life and Death are important because they are Life and Death. To justify or even attempt to do so decreases their importance by putting them on the level of ideas that do need justification. They - and us - are beyond such things. Also, we hate Immortality because it prevents Death.

Other idea: I feel like Improvement would be a better virtue than Learning. Self-Improvement applies to learning, but is broader as well, and can apply to Evolution, or tearing something down to build it back up greater than before.
I prefer Learning simply because it's rather neutral. Learning gives keys which open to the gates of Heaven and Hell, while Improvement merely strives towards Heaven.

Sidenote: We have Life-Intelligence, so we're gonna want to make sentient life at some point. We've got Life-Death, so they should be mortal. And we have Death-Intelligence, so they should find some really creative ways of killing each other. Obviously, we're gonna make humans.
Sounds about right, though the results of Death-Intelligence seem a bit off. I think since we have Death-Intelligence, they should be aware of Death and its limitations, that they may be ambitious when they are in Life. So yeah, humans.

Other Sidenote: Sickles are totally cool, Andres. And our primary aspect is not death; Life and Death are both ends as well as means, not just means. Creation, Destruction, and Blood are means to an end. Intelligence is also an end/means. And anything that learns about us in full will worship Life and Death both.
Death is our end. Life is our means. Life is greatly important to us because it's intrinsically necessary in Death. The duality of Death the End and Life the Means is a good one, and one that makes neither more important than the other. As for Intelligence, I think we should replace that with Knowledge. It's more intrinsic and bound to the universe rather than Intelligence, which is bound with Life.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

You can put more in, but at the moment, it is still theoretical. When enough points have been chipped in, it will spontaneously and instantaneously spring forth. Its traits will be determined by how much energy was put in, so you can extrapolate from the numbers.

Also, the previous model Blood Golem contains Your life in it, which is where part of its abilities derive.

Oh, and later on, you'll have more definition of sins and virtues as your future worshippers grow moreintell igent. That's part of Omna's question about failure as a sin: until it's defined, it's unclear whether or not he would dislike it, so he's assuming the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Andres, I wasn't suggesting a Harvest. I was saying that in the future, the Harvest will probably be something associated with us.

And thank you so much for saying that the philosophy I tried to think of so that we could be more complex than death because death is pretentious. So kind and helpful. >.>

Life, Death, and Intelligence are our ends. They are also our means.

Rolepgeek is correct, as is Andres. Life itself is INCREDIBLY important to us in and of itself. Others have it because it is included in the sphere of what they consider IMPORTANT. To phrase it another way, Life is a means to ends for them. To You, it's both of them.

The other primal entities are what I worry about for the things that kill off life. And it's better to have something in place to react quickly. We have a being of Destruction; we should have one of Creation to complement it. Cyclical and duality.

I think we should put in 3 GP per turn into the Common Plane for the next several turns.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Also, while I'm going to leave interpretation of divine philosophy to y'all, I am going to clarify that the major aspects are somewhat like  "omniscient and omnipresent embodiment of the concept" and that they're not necessarily stronger or more important than the other major ones.

It's not like asking "What part of you is the most you part of yourself" or "Which of your hands best represents your existence" but it's not very far off from that.

You are absolutely free to decide, but that was the intention. Too late tochan ge domains now, though.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think we should put in 3 GP per turn into the Common Plane for the next several turns.
+1.

also I suggest another per turn expense

Put 3GP per turn in expanding our own plane. Create new resources, new dangers, new environments, new celestial bodies to create changes necessary for evolution and expand our own realm in the process

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would suggest reducing that to 1 GP per turn Ukraine. We'll run out fast otherwise.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And thank you so much for saying that the philosophy I tried to think of so that we could be more complex than death because death is pretentious. So kind and helpful. >.>
Sorry for being unkind. Let me be a bit more helpful this time. First of all, I don't think death is pretentious. I thought the philosophy you put forth was pretentious, but death itself is not. I have nothing against you, but I just really don't like the idea you presented.
Anyway, complexity should not be our goal - depth should be our goal. Complexity can greatly increase depth but we should try to get the maximum depth with the minimum amount of complexity. Life and Death are already pretty deep. It's not necessary to create a complex philosophy around them considering what they are. We shouldn't make a philosphy to justify time and space - they are beyond that, just as Life and Death are. All-powerful, omni-present, immortal ideas that need no justification due to their nature. It's like applying morality to Cthulhu.
Besides, we shouldn't create set philosophies for our sphere and have our followers adhere to them. They will on their own create their own philosophies on our spheres. We should not limit them. The more ways they can thing of our spheres the better. We should simply be.

Life, Death, and Intelligence are our ends. They are also our means.

Rolepgeek is correct, as is Andres. Life itself is INCREDIBLY important to us in and of itself. Others have it because it is included in the sphere of what they consider IMPORTANT. To phrase it another way, Life is a means to ends for them. To You, it's both of them.
IMO we should change that. I mean, they should still both be our primary spheres, but we should think of them differently. Doing so does not mean thinking of them as having a difference in importance, either.

The other primal entities are what I worry about for the things that kill off life. And it's better to have something in place to react quickly. We have a being of Destruction; we should have one of Creation to complement it. Cyclical and duality.

We're kinda doing the Creation aspect on our own. Even if we were to create a Creator, we kind of already have in the form of life.

I would suggest reducing that to 1 GP per turn Ukraine. We'll run out fast otherwise.
+1 to idea and addendum.

Put 3GP per turn in expanding our own plane. Create new resources, new dangers, new environments, new celestial bodies to create changes necessary for evolution and expand our own realm in the process
+0.5. The 3GP should be a one-time purchase. We don't want to overload the current habitats with too much danger too quickly, plus we're gonna want to save up some GP to put more into the Common Plane so we can ensure we'll be the most powerful there. After this, I think we should let evolution take its course for a few eons while we watch.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Mechanics wise, you are gaining more power the longer you're home. If you want to break even, you can spend 7 points this turn,  8 the next, so on up to 10. It will reset when you leave to meddle on the Common Plane later, so taking steps to assure you don't have to spend too many turns waiting for a recharge.

I am also going to say that what you do with your home can help you directly. Create a nice Divine Point Battery or something so you can bank your power. Make a giant volcano forge or whatever for creating artifacts.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally like us seeing both Life and Death as Means and Ends. I don't want a god who's just concerned with Death.

Additionally, it wasn't meant to be about complexity, it was an extrapolation of what we might think. That a single death is more valuable if it comes from something that lives a long time, and a life is valuable even if it's short.

It's not limitations, it's just how we might or might not think or act. It's not justifying them, it's building on them.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally like us seeing both Life and Death as Means and Ends. I don't want a god who's just concerned with Death.
Dude, Death as a thing is impossible to exist without Life. A god of Toast would care a crap-ton about Bread, even if he considers it a means to an end. Neither the means nor the end are considered more or less important than the other, nor are we concerned with one more than the other.

Additionally, it wasn't meant to be about complexity, it was an extrapolation of what we might think. That a single death is more valuable if it comes from something that lives a long time, and a life is valuable even if it's short.

It's not limitations, it's just how we might or might not think or act. It's not justifying them, it's building on them.
Let's not make that idea an official stance. It might have some actual in-game effects, plus I'd prefer if we stayed base in our relationship with Life and Death. That a death is more valuable when it comes from a long-living being is an opinion. We should be above having opinions.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10