Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: You know you've been playing too much Dwarf Fortress when...  (Read 5916 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: You know you've been playing too much Dwarf Fortress when...
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2015, 11:57:18 pm »

When someone starts talking about childcare, it is only with great difficulty that you can resist suggesting dropping the kids in a pit with angry dogs to teach them how to fight. 

When you dream, you come up with minecart path layouts you have to path out in the game before you forget it... without bothering to put clothes on.

You know what layer stone is beneath your house's soil, and whether or not there is an aquifer.

Whenever someone introduces you to a new idea, your first thought is how to weaponize it. 

The idea of mushroom wine is actually appetizing to you.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 12:11:17 pm »

The idea of mushroom wine is actually appetizing to you.
This has actually been tried by someone. These are the results they posted:

What? A mushroom wine. Brilliant clear yellow. It tastes almost like a conventional white wine made from grapes.
How? Cook & liquidise 1 kg of normal edible mushrooms until they are rendered down to a blackish slimy mass. Put it in the demijohn, add water & follow the basic recipe.
Why? After finding some people unexpectedly liked the chocolate wine, I was determined to make a really outrageous wine. Mushrooms were selling very cheap in the local market so I made a mushroom wine expecting it to be foul black in colour and musty tasting. I was surprised when it came out a clear elegant yellow and not very bad flavoured. I've even had a friend who did not notice this wine was not a normal white grape wine until told.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2015, 06:58:40 pm »

Mushroom wine?

Well, everybody needs a hobby.

And I've started saying it was inevitable at the end of each of my pvp deaths.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2015, 07:40:16 pm »

That moment when you're playing a grand strategy game and you press [v] or [k] on muscle memory alone

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2015, 03:36:29 am »

when you start thinking you should butcher your cat and your dog, because... delicious.
How do you butcher a pet in DF? ::)
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2015, 04:47:27 am »

when you start thinking you should butcher your cat and your dog, because... delicious.
How do you butcher a pet in DF? ::)
Kill it, resurrect the corpse with a necromancer, kill that corpse and butcher it. When I did it I killed the pets where no Dwarves could see them, so they showed up as "missing" and not "dead," don't know if that helped. Best part is the poor pet owners will have found their missing pets... Delicious.
Pages: 1 2 [3]