Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 163750 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 07:48:14 pm »

Will post a thing when I get out of work. Did you save me a spot, Corsair?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 08:04:05 pm »

Yeah spot saved for you and Shaporia as per requests from each of you. Once your sheet is in I will make a big post explaining the game and calling the first round of actions.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 09:27:27 pm »

Right. Gonna go see the new Avengers movie, will post it after. If you happen to only need gear for flavor for the turn, I'm going military with the rifle and Pharoah, and 5 Compatibility and 10 Transcendence for certain, just incase the info helps to not hold up the turn.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 10:48:34 pm »

Yeah spot saved for you and Shaporia as per requests from each of you. Once your sheet is in I will make a big post explaining the game and calling the first round of actions.
Thanks for savin' me a spot man ^.^

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 02:30:18 am »

Alright, here's the sheet. Because my modify post button isn't working correctly for some reason.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 04:59:48 am »

Okay the first 6 players will be (based on pre-game reservations and first-come first served):
  • Shaporia
  • Beirus
  • Dbuhos
  • FallacyofUrist
  • Hawk
  • AoshimaMichio

How turns will work:
  • A dice pool system will be used for stats. A number of (simulated) dice, equal to the points in a stat are rolled. For each die, a 1 subtracts 1 from the score, a 4 or 5 adds 1, and a 6 adds 2. External stat scores are relative, meaning they will be compared to the score of the opponent. Internal stat scores are absolute, meaning they will be compared to fixed scales. We will show the score, not the individual die.
  • You may cast a maximum of 2 spells per turn allocating an amount of Compatibility to each. If your score is less than half the required score, bad things happen. Like accidentally transmuting your lungs into kittens. The score cost of words vary, and a spell's cost will only be shown should it be successful.
  • Combat runs on an Action-Reaction basis. You get to make actions to react against enemy attacks, and do whatever it is you wish to do. Note that you will only get one action and one reaction regardless of how many enemies there are.
  • Before we let anyone who applies run loose with total abandon. There will first be 6 players for a couple of turns in order to set up whatever semblance of a plot we have and in order to deal with administrative tasks such as ensuring the viral drug bear assassins aren't going to kill everyone and ruin everything forever. Then the player cap will be raised to 10. This cap will continue to rise as we automate more and more of the tasks we need to do (so basically programming a spell translators, figuring out a way to generate areas, etc).

Here are the starting positions, post yer actions people!

Maintenance
  • Mikako: Flight Systems Workshop: You walk into your cubicle this morning tired as usual, the mechanical arms continue to whirr overhead and the occasional curse can be heard from another cubicle somewhere. The cubicles themselves are accessed through a long enclosed hallway. Work has been merciless with the conflict, engines and thrusters blown to hell beyond repair expected to be fixed in half the time it would take with just half of the damage they actually have with the minimal cost. Today as you enter the soot stained walls of your cubicle; a half finished LUPUS engine array dangles there teasing you with its unfinished state. By the tumbled array of tools and engine parts that covers your desk like a miniature mountain range is a single metal box. The box is rectangular and the size of a thick textbook, its surface is silver with iridescent swirling patterns it bears a small yellow sticker indicating that it arrived 10 seconds ago by mechanical arm delivery the item section names it "*****".
  • Ao Shi: AF02 Assembly: Today was a normal day until now, continuing your work on an old LATRANS horrifically abused by both pilot and enemy. After hours of labor by 6 engineers it has been deconstructed down to the basics that still work to any degree; coolant, generator, alcubierre capacitor [which is plastered with more warning signs than a nuclear warhead] and a cockpit surrounded by wiring and metal. Guides of thin metal with wires in side run out to where the right arm and two legs would be if they were still there. The armour also needs to be replaced. But now you just received package containing a box the size of a thick textbook which appears to be silver and covered in swirling iridescent patterns the courier receipt indicates that it is "Fragile Machine Components".
  • James Heign: Cafeteria: Now is your lunch off from general maintenance-maintenance (The irony of being a maintenance worker to fix a maintenance facility is not lost on you) and you are currently enjoying lunch listening to your "i-pod", the room is full of tables and chairs although few are occupied and the kitchen is running on robots only resulting in meals that are nutritious but not especially interesting, while eating you feel thud and see a package wrapped in black paper on your table. Inside is a silver box the size of a thick textbook with iridescent swirling patterns over the surface. It feels surprisingly heavy like how a piece of iron or lead seems "too heavy" for it's size.

Military Base
  • Elias Newman/Berius: AF-01 Pharoah: Holding your yellow assignment sheet with one hand and a bulky armoured helmet in the other you both arrive in the hangar, proudly wearing your armoured pilot suits, the gold stripe on the black and grey uniform illustrating your ranks as frame test pilot. Scattered around are a multitude of people going about their jobs busily, pilots move to frames leading them out laden with soldiers hanging on the back armed with varied weapons. Others laze around or duel with flexible resin rods. You ignore the traditional chaos and move to your assigned bays - 03-5 and 6. You retract the blast doors and see the Pharaoh; A machine with the classic bulky silhouette of a Lupus although with slightly heavier arms. On the back you see the heavy main gun currently inoperative and limp. When you enter the cockpit aside from you chosen sidearm is a silver box the size of a thick textbook with iridescent swirling patterns over the surface.
  • Edward Whitmore: AF-01 Lupus: You wake up in your Lupus cockpit after a night of heavy fighting in section M-03-lambda, stiff and sore from the chair. Stifling a yawn you fumble in the darkness for the light switch. Eventually you find it and flick it on bathing the inside of the frame with orange light. Your eyes adjust quickly to the light and you jump when you notice a silver box the size of a thick textbook with iridescent swirling patterns over the surface. You put it aside for the moment focusing on getting your lumbering under-repaired frame moving before dealing with the possible breach of security. You receive today's patrol route through M-03-Beta & Delta, normally a relatively uneventful route.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:47:37 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 05:01:53 am »

<
Opening Post
|
Administration
|
Turn 1
>

Spoiler: Shaporia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dbuhos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:35:58 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 05:21:52 am »

((Aw. I'll just wait then.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 06:21:18 am »

This is one shitty catalogue. Doesn't even come with description of the parts...

"I don't remember ordering anything."

Check the courier receipt. Who is marked as sender? Any contact information? Does the book contain any other information like title, edition, publisher or instructional page?
Study the box closer, as well as it's content if possible.

Yell at other engineers to get leg actuators for latrine LATRANS.

((Did I understand this correctly? I have 5 Comp points. If I cast a spell and allocate 4 points on it, then I can allocate only 1 point for my second spell on same turn?))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:20:22 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2015, 06:29:34 am »

The following is old stuff from the OP

Spoiler: Starting Options (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 07:37:05 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2015, 06:36:09 am »

Elias Newman

I place the armored helmet and assignment sheet on the side of the chair taking notice of the box.

Oh bloody recruits...always tinkering about and leaving their toys in MY frame.

Pop my head out of the cockpit for a second, checking if anyone is looking to get a reaction out of me then get my ass seated again. I shake the box, listening for any rustling or rumbling and then check if it has any clip/opening mechanism.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:37:47 am by Dbuhos »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 06:59:54 am »

"Huh? What is that?... Sorcery!!!"

I grab the box and smash it several times against the table, being certain to set aside my food first.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 07:20:42 am »

"Who the hell put this here?"

Examine the box and begin moving my AF out of the hangar.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 07:30:39 am »

((Berius doesn't have a start situation, is that deliberate?))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 07:37:08 am »

((He does.))
Elias Newman/Berius: AF-01 Pharoah:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:47:25 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 69