Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 166572 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - RNG murder spree
« Reply #285 on: July 21, 2015, 01:33:17 am »

((Interesting. Let's see if I can spread my curse. :) ))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2015, 02:22:05 am »

((Oops, thought I posted a thing earlier.))

Catch? Fucking assholes. Beirus thinks to himself as the box bounces off his frame.

"Looks like your armor support is gone. Id rather resolve this without bloodshed. Do you surrender?" Beirus asks the SL troops over the comms.

If they surrender:
"Do you have any other troops in this facility we should be aware of? If so, call them over here. We'll see if they surrender too. I'd rather not have any senseless violence." Beirus states.

If they say they have no other troops in the area:
Beirus opens his communication channels to HQ. "HQ, this is O'Greenahan. All System League forces inside the facility have surrendered. The facility is ours. Please send reinforcements and further orders." Beirus states over the channel.

Mostly talking stuff. Ask Johnny to open up the box. Have the other two watch the SL troops. If the SL troops attack, fire on them with the autocannon.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 25, 2015, 10:28:40 pm »

((Apologies for the delay, I can't seem to contact Corsair for some reason (presumably because Semester 2 of our university is about to begin) which is a bit of a problem considering that I don't actually have any of the notes required for, well, a lot of things. So as a consequence, the only parts of the turn that have been typed up are the spell casts and Toaster's action >__<))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 27, 2015, 03:19:04 am »

"So, hallucinatory armo-... actually, since you gave me the ability to not die, I guess I should a bit more respectful. 'Jus' fine with you? Anyway, you need anything done? Oh, and... any idea where I am?"

Have one last check for clothes/weapons and exit the warehouse.

Let's try "12 0d" this time.

Code: (JUS_AD_BELLUM) [Select]
You are at 67th West Street approximately 1.5 kilometers from AFH29, where you and the rest of your squad died.

Jus is fine, my colleagues already call me that.
As for our operations here, we are intending to send agents to investigate and destroy the storm anomaly.
Though chances are, the NEE will be sending scouts there anyway. If you still want to rejoin them that is.
The LANDSKNECHT frame you fought is also rather troublesome, so we will have to decide on how to neutralize it.

As for what you can do right now?
We have recently expanded our resource pool, so we are able to give out further enhancements to all our agents.
Decide on a ratio between mental fortitude and magical capabilities for us to raise.
((You have 6 free internal statpoints to allocate!))

You find a box of steel ladles which while not a weapon specifically will likely still hurt when people are hit with them. You are able to carry seven without having to stuff them into your underwear (or eye sockets if you weren't wearing any today).

Upon exiting the warehouse you end up in a deserted street crisscrossed with alleys between the various types of glass and steel buildings, the bottom floors of which are all colorful receptions, pubs and stores as is the norm with most large buildings. Far down the end of the street you recognize see the tower installation where you just died, easily recognizable by the sugary coating outside it and the wreckage that was once your frame.

[COMP: 5] Before your oxygen-starved brain can even comprehend it, your body dies standing upright, frozen in position.

YOU DIED

You respawn back in the warehouse, let's assume that you retrace your steps and grab your stuff again. Your corpse is still there, turns out that the spell had removed most of your flesh and turned what remained into a solid stone monolith in the shape of your remains.

Run into furthest door down in the corridor. Not into the door, but the room/carridor/whatever behind it.
And look for more items to throw at people. One wrench isn't gonna cut it.
((I just noticed it isn't in my sheet.))
You turn into the room and the smell gets mildly worse, the walls are damp and cold to touch. At the opposite side of the room is another door. The low quality steel shelving that evidently once occupied this room has already partly rusted from the environment. Well, with any luck, anyone who'd complain about you looting them would have fled or been eaten by now. You grab the remains of five shelves, they aren't in the best condition but at least they can be used to bludgeon people. Or more pertinently, angry walls.

Red appears again and six points of red light float over to you.
"Here, maybe you'll be able to stop killing yourself with magic now. Not that I'm secretly judging your actions or anything of course. I do that openly~"

Put on a uniform (one that's not the lowest rand if possible), stash a MRE in a pocket (or the breast of the uniform if like a mechanic's overalls).

Test "05"

If valuable/useful take it with me, either way grab the rifle for later and head in the direction of commotion, any evident command or communications or just wherever the most soldiers are going.
Act reasonably confident/self-sure as most of the people here are wearing or using a rag-tag assortment of gear, so with any luck if I don't act too suspicious I'll blend right in. For better or worse :-\
You put on a basic set of grey camo formed from grey blocks with lighter slashes in threes spattered over a dark grey background. Evidently it was designed for combat in an urban setting. Or in a black and white film. You stash a combat ration and a bottle of water into your pocket. However, ((as stated in the previous turn)) there are no ranking identifiers available to attach to your uniform.

[COMP: 4/4] Strange runic symbols inscribe themselves upon the ground before you in blood. The end result is a series of formations, arranged in a circular order. Each bears a resemblance to the previous one, with the image in its center more complex each time. In the middle of this array is a pile of sharp pieces of metal, looking like fragments of a blade of some sort.

The troops are moving towards and away from the market in equal numbers, away is toward a large grassy plaza in this tent city with tables and chairs littered around filled with a variety of people both combat and non-combat units.

Code: (DECOHERENT) [Select]
Someone just raked in their winnings. You get a cut of it too.

"Uhh... sure, let's go for it.  Day can't get any weirder."

Accept the challenge.  Follow directions; take provided gear.
>Excellent. Then let us begin.
Your surroundings vanish.

You are now standing on a small, plastic platform 9 square meters in area all of which is painted a particularly obnoxious shade of pink. You are in a hole. An extremely wide hole. The walls are made from panes of glass covering arrays of lights that produce a perpetually shifting patterns of vibrant colors, it continues as far as the eye can see, both above, and below.

>Welcome to Delirium Furiosum, the vertical obstacle course!
>Your boots have been enhanced to allow you to run up even vertical surfaces.
>Vertical surfaces like the trains we will be firing at you.
>You win by surviving until we run out of trains. Good luck!

A train of abnormally large size with rather long carriages erupts from in front of you in eerie silence, seemingly defying gravity. Your platform begins to slide across thin air towards it, by the time it stops, a good portion of this (apparently ludicrously long) train has already passed by. Its close enough to touch, in fact, were it any closer, the platform would be scraping the roofs of its carriages. Now presumably ((for the sake of ensuring that you actually get the opportunity to make a meaningful action this turn, and we stop wasting your time)), it is at this point you begin to run up the train as the platform tumbles down into the abyss below.

Two more trains of similar proportions rush by on either side with absurd speed, decelerating to (approximately) match the speed of your train. Their carriages are close enough for you to run onto if you wish to do so. The coming carriage to the left has, what appears to be a ramp, descending into its inside (in the same way your are running). The coming carriage in front of you has no notable features, offering only its dull metal surface.

Standing at the end of the coming carriage to your right however, is a figure. They are immaculately dressed in a Victorian-era long-coat, complete with gloves, trousers and all. In contrast to the pristine condition of its garments, it wears a simple pale mask, featureless save for a black, somewhat faded, magic circle and adorned with countless scratches. It stands silently in place, as if gravity was pulling it towards the train rather than down into the waiting abyss below. Its hands swinging idly by its side, metallic contacts cantered in their palms glinting as it does so. Resting at its hips are twin halves of a greatsword’s hilt, the blades noticeably absent.

Time stops and a person appears before you, dressed in an armored hazmat suit and flanked by a constellation. From each star, a blade hangs by a ray of light.
Code: (SCHROEDINBUG) [Select]
Another agent of ours has retrieved something of great value.
Hence, our resource pool has increased.
Enhance yourself with these as you see fit.
She gestures and six of the blades retract into their respective points of light which flow over to you.

"..Erm." Miaoko looked around briefly. "Yeah, I'm lost. Wanna go this way?" He pointed to a random direction, and if James agrees, starts walking over there.
Code: (MALEBRANCHE) [Select]
u can haz points nao

You walk through another looted office and go up the stairs to the right and through a door. You end up in a gallery over the main cafeteria where there are several System League soldiers filing out, carrying a variety of weapons. They don't seem to notice you or your friend.

If it's not back towards anything that was highlighted as dangerous by Memento Mori last turn, James says "Why not." and follows Miaoko.
Code: (SOTERIOLOGIST) [Select]
The restless dead have returned to their caskets once more.
With this harvest, I present to you your rightful portion.
So that when you can flee now more, those who stand in your path will perish.

You follow Miaoko and end up in the same location as him.

Catch? Fucking assholes. Beirus thinks to himself as the box bounces off his frame.

"Looks like your armor support is gone. Id rather resolve this without bloodshed. Do you surrender?" Beirus asks the SL troops over the comms.

If they surrender:
"Do you have any other troops in this facility we should be aware of? If so, call them over here. We'll see if they surrender too. I'd rather not have any senseless violence." Beirus states.

If they say they have no other troops in the area:
Beirus opens his communication channels to HQ. "HQ, this is O'Greenahan. All System League forces inside the facility have surrendered. The facility is ours. Please send reinforcements and further orders." Beirus states over the channel.

Mostly talking stuff. Ask Johnny to open up the box. Have the other two watch the SL troops. If the SL troops attack, fire on them with the autocannon.
An officer in the crowd opens up his comms.
"How about we call it mutual ceasefire? Everyone gather in the main courtyard command rating 79, parley protocol."
There are a few minutes as more and more SL infantry begin coming out of the woodwork of the facility resulting in them outnumbering you by at least 10 to 1, however you see a lack of any rocket launchers that could damage you seriously.
"So if there is no need for us to have any issues, just let us leave and everyone goes home."

Johnny responds
"No can do sir, it's RFID says that it's an Alcubierre Drive. You know how dangerous those things can be."
Welp, that certainly explains why the PUPPET pilot is flying away now. FTL Drives are far from cheap, indeed, it would actually be cheaper to let everyone in a maintenance facility like this to perish and compensate all their families than to purchase another one.

Code: (JUS_AD_BELLUM) [Select]
We have allocated more resources to you thanks to the actions of another operative.
Perhaps now, you can use those arms without becoming possessed.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Stimulus Package!
« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2015, 03:19:41 am »

<
Turn 14
|
Turn 15
|
Turn 16
>

Spoiler: Shaporia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dbuhos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarrack (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pencil_Art (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nidilap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 05:21:24 am by Empiricist »

blazing glory

« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2015, 07:32:23 am »

((Hrm? What's this? A Perplexicon, noice, can I join?))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2015, 08:06:59 am »

((It's been running for a while, how did you not notice this? There's no one in the waitlist right now, by the way.))

"I need to stop killing myself."

+3 COMP, +3 TRAN. Walk to the place where the LANDSKNECHT killed me. While going there take a look at the various stores here and loot them (if there's no one there, that is) if they may have something interesting (like clothes or weapons). Try using "12" this time.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

blazing glory

« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2015, 08:14:48 am »

((Through the magical ability of procrastination and ignorance.))

((I've seen the thread title forever but only now have I gotten around to actually checking it out.))

((I'm sorta weird like that.))

EDIT:((In other words, if an RtD's OP is longer then 5 lines, it can take me weeks before I get around to checking it out properly.))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:20:49 am by blazing glory »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2015, 09:31:08 am »

"Wheee!  I guess someone wanted to run a train on me!"

+5 Comp, +1 Trans, because explosions.  Also, run onto that left train and take the ramp down inside.  Video game logic says there should be a long line of coins in there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2015, 10:56:11 am »

Code: (MALEBRANCHE) [Select]
u can haz points nao
"Woo!" +4 Tran +2 Comp

Miaoko looked at all the soldiers filing out, immediately attempting to stay out of sight. "Look out," He whispered in his partner's direction.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2015, 11:06:01 am »

+6 Transcendence, because this game hasn't been about magic yet, and when magic becomes important, I want not to be dead.

James whispered back: "I... see... this may be difficult to survive."

Like so, try to stay out of sight.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2015, 04:43:49 am »

((Give us a bit of time to update the OP and starting options first. We need to replace one of the options and possibly add in replacement options.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 31, 2015, 01:28:18 am »

((Okay OP's character sheet has been updated so that people don't have to use boxes when they spawn, we'll assume they already made a choice. We were considering adding another faction option, but we've decided to delay that since it would take quite a bit of work to write up and balance. I'm personally leaning more towards implementing quick and easy ways to contact factions and change sides.))
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:48:23 am by Empiricist »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 31, 2015, 02:15:10 am »

((Okay OP's character sheet has been updated so that people don't have to use boxes when they spawn, we'll assume they already made a choice. We were considering adding another faction option, but we've decided to delay that since it would take quite a bit of work to write up and balance. I'm personally leaning more towards implementing quick and easy ways to contact factions and change sides.))
((You mean like letting me get a truce going between the SL and NEE?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 31, 2015, 02:27:20 am »

((Firstly, you can't do any negotiating this turn if you haven't posted an action yet :P Secondly, it's more about being able to have some sort of easy way to do things for other factions or even defect to join them. Still thinking about how to implement that though.))
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 69