Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 166815 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - A Hero
« Reply #750 on: July 17, 2016, 06:59:16 pm »

((Same spot?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 17, 2016, 08:34:29 pm »

((Actually, how about getting the tails this time.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 18, 2016, 03:55:00 am »

Ao smiles. "Well, let's take it down then, shall we? Check out what makes it tick and I'll jam some highspeed wrenches into its cogs."

Bioscan assisted aim. Shoot.
Shoot all non-humans still moving around.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

blazing glory

« Reply #753 on: July 19, 2016, 09:04:21 pm »

Realise that I'd rather have someone watching my back next to me instead of him watching my back a long distance away, call down the squire and tell him to keep an eye on where we're coming from.

Go down right(? Forward? Idk go somewhere) of the corridor/ladder until I find something.

Since we have a moment for some magic now:06, and 08, separate with comp split between.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 09:06:54 pm by blazing glory »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 20, 2016, 02:35:18 am »

((okay, just found our obligatory screw-up for this turn. I don't think it will impact anyone's actions though. The dragon's name is IV, not XII.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 20, 2016, 03:23:37 am »

((It totally affects my turn. That means it's only 1/3 the drake I thought it was.  :P So is XII a drake/dragon too?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 20, 2016, 04:22:54 am »

((Actually, no. I have no idea where we even got the "XII" from >__<

Edit: Blazing, we gave you a simple map of the tunnels. It's now in the turn.))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:52:21 am by Empiricist »

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 21, 2016, 11:19:29 am »

Ok, little bit crazy busy this week, so we'll keep it simple(ish):

"Thank you DECOHERENT, for your candor. I must admit, it is quite the interesting world I seem to have found myself in, or quite an odd world that seems to have found itself to where I happened to be.
*Killy quietly ponders the mysteries of the cosmos... and since the sigils do not match the styles of his handler how he expected, he wonders just what aspects or attributes they do match.*

"22 ed" and hope to hell I don't Tyrannosaurus Wrekt my self again. :P

If the spell works, grab the result, hope it at least has a full chamber or charge enough for one load worth of rounds! Either way yea, grab the clothes and knife.
Killy takes one last hard look at the sigils before heading out of the apartment, heading whatever the most likely route to my embattled, impromptu friend. Ask DECOHERENT, or.. Decon for short? If I need directions.

(Worst comes to worst I can always borrow one of my squires rifles... if I can get there without ending myself :P))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 21, 2016, 01:14:26 pm »

"If you want to kill me, you'll have to catch me first."

Run inside and start heading upstairs. Bob, weave, zig, and zag to dodge attacks. Shoot any spotters I see, watch out for mines and spiders. Stay away from the lifts. And if the drake tries mind control again and I beat it, see if I can turn the link back on it to tame it or weaken it or something.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 29, 2016, 06:11:38 pm »

Resist XII's will. The Ladlemonger is no one's thrall!
[TRAN: 13/7] Whitmore tries not to violently purge O'Greenahan.
[TRAN: 7/7] Whitmore tries to resist IV's influence.
Tumbling through the air, you level the rifle as Beirus' head; he, in turn pins you with his gaze. He makes no attempt to dodge, no attempt to fight back, he just stares you down with almost cocky confidence. You notice you finger pulling the trigger, and, in that instant, your mind goes silent. The voices, their will, it's gone. Just flat out vanished. Swinging your rifle, the hellish spray of bullets misses Beirus and you tumble into a rough landing.

Presumably you follow Berius to the safe place that is not the outside.

"You had better! And fixing my iPod would be nice too... how am I supposed to be a good hero without good music?"

Okay then. Gravity blast it again. If that doesn't kill it, James attempts evasion by pushing himself above the explosion. Using his arms.
[LTAR vs. MDEF: 5 vs. 3] Heign uses "weight" gun. Evasion is impossible, roll is only for damage mitigation.
You crush the squid-lobster-scorpion abomination's tails along their midsection. It screeches and slides to a halt, curling up like a dying spider and quickly expiring. Your enhanced vision, however, still displays the "giant explodey killzone", so it might not be safe to go teabag it just yet.

PREY SLAUGHTERED

Code: (SOTERIOLOGIST) [Select]
Excellent, excellent.
Formidable prey carry formidable bounties.
Prey upon its corpse and reap what was sown.

As for the device, I'm sure those skeletal weirdos are happy to provide one. For services yet to be rendered of course.

Spoiler: LEVEL UP (click to show/hide)

Ao smiles. "Well, let's take it down then, shall we? Check out what makes it tick and I'll jam some highspeed wrenches into its cogs."

Bioscan assisted aim. Shoot.
Shoot all non-humans still moving around.

"You should shoot it there..."

Your scan reveals the heart of the beast; a massive multi-chambered mass of muscle and barbed wire right in the center of it's chest you open fire with your rifle as it flies towards you.

[UTAR vs. SDEF: 13 vs. 7] Opening fire.
[LTAR vs. MDEF: 11 vs. 7] Avoiding retaliation
You hit the target square in the chest with a hail of machinegun fire, it drops into the ground with a tremendous crash and is obscured by rubble and rising dust. From the rubble erupts a roar of fury and several blasts of black burning energy.

"This one's 'pure'. The core made it, it's like a giant angry cenobite midget or something."

You manage to dodge most of the blade slashes but the last one catches you mid-dodge, the dark energy slashes through your frame's left arm and leg while it damages the other severely.

A number of warnings immediately flash up some obvious such as "PART X DAMAGED", and some serious "FLIGHT SYSTEM COMPROMISED", and some very serious "ALCUBIERRE STABILITY COMPROMISED".

Realise that I'd rather have someone watching my back next to me instead of him watching my back a long distance away, call down the squire and tell him to keep an eye on where we're coming from.

Go down right(? Forward? Idk go somewhere) of the corridor/ladder until I find something.

Since we have a moment for some magic now:06, and 08, separate with comp split between.
Squire drops down atop Ropey and covers your flank.

[TRAN: 4] Spell, 06.
[TRAN: 3/1] Spell, 08.
The first spell fizzles, the second one conjures a large lump of dark grey metal that thuds to the floor heavily.

You walk towards the fork and ten meters from the fork is a pair of corpses halfheartedly jammed into the piping, their blood pooling beneath them. From the blood you can see traceries of strange arcane sigils which glow a faint purple. The air around them moves like heat haze.

Ok, little bit crazy busy this week, so we'll keep it simple(ish):

"Thank you DECOHERENT, for your candor. I must admit, it is quite the interesting world I seem to have found myself in, or quite an odd world that seems to have found itself to where I happened to be.
Killy quietly ponders the mysteries of the cosmos... and since the sigils do not match the styles of his handler how he expected, he wonders just what aspects or attributes they do match.

"22 ed" and hope to hell I don't Tyrannosaurus Wrekt my self again. :P

If the spell works, grab the result, hope it at least has a full chamber or charge enough for one load worth of rounds! Either way yea, grab the clothes and knife.
Killy takes one last hard look at the sigils before heading out of the apartment, heading whatever the most likely route to my embattled, impromptu friend. Ask DECOHERENT, or.. Decon for short? If I need directions.

Code: (DECOHERENT) [Select]
Decon is fine by me.

[TRAN: 11/6] Spell.
You conjure a large chrome pistol with no apparent magazine, although it appears to fire bullets given the rifling in the chamber and the small tungsten lozenge in the back of the weapon behind a small panel. Under the barrel are a long line of heat-sinks welded in place. It has an old fashioned mechanical trigger though which is surprisingly mundane.

After taking a few turns and consulting a couple of automated information kiosks you find the location of shade research, which is surrounded by a staggeringly large line of arcane script perfectly aligned with the boundaries of the plot. As you move around it appears to re-orient so that it is always visible without parallax. Above the runes is a faint ripple like a heat haze.

Code: (DECOHERENT) [Select]
Quiet, isn't it? Your friend drew quite a lot of attention.

"If you want to kill me, you'll have to catch me first."

Run inside and start heading upstairs. Bob, weave, zig, and zag to dodge attacks. Shoot any spotters I see, watch out for mines and spiders. Stay away from the lifts. And if the drake tries mind control again and I beat it, see if I can turn the link back on it to tame it or weaken it or something.
[TRAN: 12/8] Navigating the architectural abomination.
You begin running "up" the tower, unfortunately they contracted M.C. Escher for the interior design so even taking a step forward is a creative exercise in perspective management. Having run down, through, around and up multiple corridors and hallways you stop to take a breather and try to figure out where the hell you are. At this point several things happen. The hallway ahead and behind you explodes into a pair of maelstroms, while the lightning that courses through the building like a nervous system beginning to give you funny looks. Also the dragon tires of swatting at ice-birds and begins climbing up the tower, only turning to occasionally backhand the incidental annoyance.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 29, 2016, 06:13:39 pm »

<
Turn 41
|
Turn 42
|
Turn 43
>

Spoiler: Shaporia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dbuhos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pencil_Art (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blazing Glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:31:21 pm by Empiricist »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 29, 2016, 06:25:36 pm »

"Hehhehehheeehhhhh... I have all the power! ALL OF IT!"
HEROIC LEVELING UP!

Exterior Spending:
+0 to Static Defense
+16 to Mobile Defense
+2 to Liminary Targeting
+2 to Unbound Targeting

Interior Spending:
+7 to Compatibility
+13 to Transcendance

Now then. James takes a rest. And eyes the blasted corpse, some distance away from it. If it moves, it gets gravity gunned. Once the explody kill zone disappears, James takes a look at it and sees about looting it.

((OH YEAH!))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blazing glory

« Reply #762 on: July 29, 2016, 06:47:56 pm »

Take a break and consult TZINACAN's secrets.

"So what can you tell me about these runes here? I'd rather not push my luck at this point."

Bit of magic too since I lost my cleaver/sword, 08 a5 full COMP.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:56:16 pm by blazing glory »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 05, 2016, 05:04:20 pm »

Keep following Beirus. Have Caladlebolg and necrotic missiles at the ready. Prepare my mind for any more attacks on my free will from IV.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 05, 2016, 06:09:25 pm »

Shoot the maelstrom ahead of us with my Bound weapon. Hope the Ladlemonger can take care of the one behind us, or the one in front if I don't destroy it. Keep heading down the hallway and towards the anomaly-causing object.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 03:35:13 am by Beirus »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 69