Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 166745 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Hello Sailor ;)
« Reply #945 on: April 05, 2017, 06:05:54 am »

Same as before, but add Plasma Dust.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 05, 2017, 11:37:29 pm »

"It's a shame, really. The eldritch monster trying to destroy our universe seems like the kind of enemy they would be able to unite against. Damn politics.

You mind showing me through the armory and R&D? And is there a mission for me already, or do I have a chance to work on some spells or something?"

Talking, touring. See if Jus can recommend any ways for me to get stronger or get better gear.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 06, 2017, 12:06:22 am »

((Oh. That frame. Those clockwork automatons. Whoops!))

Try to block the cone with my shield, and if I'm still alive run away towards where the pilot escaped to. Don't bother trying to carry the shield.
"GET OUT OF THE WAAAAAAAAAAAY"
(By the way, that's aimed at you.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 08, 2017, 09:25:33 pm »

"It's a shame, really. The eldritch monster trying to destroy our universe seems like the kind of enemy they would be able to unite against. Damn politics.
((Just you wait until I start the RSPCEA: Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Eldritch Abominations))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 10, 2017, 01:44:28 am »

((Oh. That frame. Those clockwork automatons. Whoops!))

Try to block the cone with my shield, and if I'm still alive run away towards where the pilot escaped to. Don't bother trying to carry the shield.
(By the way, that's aimed at you.)
Well, the pilot knows how much death that frame is carrying better than I do. "OK THEN!" Ditch the shield, run like hell and, if I'm not immediately deadified, join up with the pilot. Look for a good attack material: 13(comp 4) 19(comp 4) 47(comp 4) 59(comp 4).

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 10, 2017, 04:15:00 am »

Oooh, perplexicon. Having just been invited back to the forums after a long time absent, at least for me, this sounds fun.

Spoiler: Waitlist? (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 17, 2017, 12:24:54 am »

Handler: (What does this mean?)
((It's a hallucinatory figure who gives you directions and conversation if you feel like it, each one grants a Tradecraft ability for picking them with later ones being tailored your the character. DECOHERENT's starting Tradecraft is Luck, which for one turn makes 3s in your dice pool count as successes.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 17, 2017, 07:31:40 am »

Handler: (What does this mean?)
((It's a hallucinatory figure who gives you directions and conversation if you feel like it, each one grants a Tradecraft ability for picking them with later ones being tailored your the character. DECOHERENT's starting Tradecraft is Luck, which for one turn makes 3s in your dice pool count as successes.))
((JOIN THE [LUCK] ALLIANCE. RIG THE DICE, DO INAPPROPRIATE THINGS TO THE ODDS! PLAY THE PLAYERS))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 23, 2017, 10:50:39 pm »

So people know game is not dead just had lots of stuff to do for easter and three essays right after so post will happen this weekend hopefully.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 24, 2017, 02:49:32 am »

So people know game is not dead just had lots of stuff to do for easter and three essays right after so post will happen this weekend hopefully.
((Yaaaaay!))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 12, 2017, 10:11:02 am »

((Or this weekend perhaps?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 14, 2017, 07:45:50 am »

((Sorry about the continual schedule slip, Corsair's just been busy getting railed by a conga line of assignments. We'll endeavour to get an update out as soon as there's some reprieve.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 22, 2017, 07:46:08 am »

((Yeah, turn is mostly done just need to do hawk,encorceror & flabort. So horray for not dead and at least for the next post after this having something happen more than once every two months))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 23, 2017, 07:44:12 am »

James Heign:

"Perfect. To quote somebody a long time ago: can't touch this."

Cataphile's Waltz over to next to the gravity amplified monster, decapitate it with bound axe.
[LTAR vs. MDEF: AUTOSUCCESS] Axe strike on the monster

You flash over through a direction that has no mortal name, twisting around the deadly net stretched before you along a path you did not see prior, a detour that is a shortcut, and as you twist you swing your entire body into a axeblow straight through the being's neck cleaving its head straight off. It hits the floor and purple ichor leaks from the sparking stump.

As everything calms down the lights go out and all is dark except for a single screen which projects blue-white light over the room. On it a single progress bar fills and text streams by behind it.

Code: (terminal) [Select]
Auxilliary computer core reboot initiated...
Errors detected in primary systems...
Memory errors at over 98%...
Main system reboot initiated...
Reboot failed...
Capacitor charge initiated...

Code: (SOTERIOLOGIST) [Select]
Go down.
There is a computer.
Destroy it.

There is still time.

"Sorry for thinking effectiveness. I guess I could go for more fun route and talk them into my slaves. I mean, how's making people ignore me chatting with you in real time easier than silencing my foot steps in real time which should be much easier to predict and adapt to? Not that I'm complaining or really even understanding what you are exactly doing, but man is curious. Could ya entertain my pretty head?"

Silent deep breath. Swift movement at the door, hold breath, aim and fire. In order of priority: snipers, the sailor, and lastly beefy ones.

08 ixc at the ones still alive in reverse order.

"Well, A: I find it more amusing to confuse you with arbitrary distinctions and B: honestly mostly A but also effort~"

You stand up straight and swiftly begin to move towards the door, bracing for the coming fight.

"Hm..?"

[UTAR vs. SDEF: 3 vs. 1] Opening fire on the first sniper
[UTAR vs. SDEF: 3 vs. 0] Opening file on the second sniper
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 4 vs. 1] Opening fire on the sailor
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 1 vs. 2] Opening fire on the first beefy one
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 1 vs. 1] Opening fire on the second beefy one
[COMP: 9/4] Spell, 08 ixc
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 1 vs. 0] Spell attack on the second beefy one
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 3 vs. 1] Spell attack on the first beefy one
[MDEF vs. UTAR: 0 vs. 2] First sniper retaliates

The first two go down in a half second each, the bullet spears of your 09AIAR punching ragged holes in their bodies. You flick your
rifle right and fill the sailor with a burst of lead. The other two have caught up with you now and dive behind the half constructed frame unslinging their shotguns to retalliate.

You compass step left off your right foot bringing yourself quickly around to face the last two, a spray of something resembling grape shot flying out to meet them.

The spray while well spread unfortunately doesn't quite get them as they dive for cover, although not quite in this case means one of them having an arm and leg that look to be more destined for hamburger than anything else. The other is mostly okay other than catching shrapnel to the back. You hear a faint gurgle behind you. Obviously someone isn't quite dead yet.

You are surprised by a shot that by rights you probably should have dodged, perhaps you need to remember that you are unfortunately still mortal 'neath the badass exterior.
It impacts and feels like you've been stabbed in the back with a softball as the bullet proceeds to do fuck all to you, the impact spread out by advanced nano armour.

Well that was a wasted soliloquy.

"Told you so... would have been totally unnecessary on my part."

All that is left in your way is a lightly wounded man with a shotgun, and his comrade who is at this very moment succumbing to shock. You can already see phantom images of him blind-firing at your position. You just need to put an end to that.

Run run run away from the Red Bearon!!

Soon another system league pilot joins you in your frantic flight from your own frame.

Excellent.

Focus on staying out of the way of those projected bullet paths (MDEF) and close the distance as fast and as soon as possible. The M60 is no derringer, he might have a harder time shooting me with it if I'm wrapped around his torso like a murderous groupie. Who also has a [Kitchen Knife], which I very much plan to use here.

"In the great words of SCOOB..."

As I close the distance open fire with my own handgun and pound the trigger, if I hit him that's awesome but mostly for suppression. (Thats right, I'm going to try and suppress a dude with a M60... with a handgun.)
((EDIT: If I must target something, go for the good-ol-fashioned center of mass. Something to slow him down a touch, add some more red to that tie))

"... YABBA ..."

Keep firing right up until just after I've found myself in his armpits and start stabbing.
But more than that; You know what this dangerous close-quarters engagement with an unknown M60 magical gunner needs? More dangerous magic.

"... DABBA..."

Once I'm close enough to count his nosehairs: a9 66 otrm

"... DIE."
[UTAR vs. SDEF: 4 vs. 2] Firing at the agent
[MDEF vs. UTAR: 3 vs. 5] Evading the machinegun fire
[COMP: 7/5] Spell, 19 66 otrm

Your charge is met with another burst of bullets from his M60.

Your fullisade of handgun fire hits home with two shots catching him in the shoulder. He reels back a stream of bullets from his machine gun stiching a line of sparks and concrete dust across the corridor. The burst catches you across the chest and you continue staggering on, your desire to kill this smug bastard outweighing the bloodloss.

As you close in, you cast and nothing really happens.

He laughs at your "failed" sorcery and pulls a jagged combat knife to finish you, going for a high strike straight through the collar bone towards the heart. At least he would if not for a sudden flash of movement over your shoulder and a giant clockwork scythe springs out of thin air parrying the strike. You take this oportunity to stab him right in the face.

"Guh.. cu... curses-"

He falls down, blood leaking from his face.

The world begins to warp, normalizing back to a sane normal corridor. The server room at the end.

You are bleeding out.

Code: (DECOHERENT) [Select]
Easy now, it's just up ahead. Die if you want, but you ought to collect your winnings first, right?

Same as before, but add Plasma Dust.
[COMP: 15/8] Spell, 12 ixc
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 3 vs. 8] Spell attack and Caladlebolg
[LTAR vs. SDEF: 1 vs. 3] Wide Area Bombardment spell support
[MDEF vs. UTAR: 5 vs. 4,5] Not exploding
[LTAR vs. MDEF: 5 vs. 2] Gargoyle attack

The PUPPET frames seem to have wised up to your strategy of shooting black necrotic shit everywhere and quickly split apart flanking you as your spell impacts a nearby building. The frontage begins to decay, glass shattering and popping out of frames as the points of impact experience a thousand years in seconds. You lash out with Caladlebolg, weapon of legend, and miss by a meter as it continues its arcing flight around and above another shot of plasma appears where you gesture.

The weird bubbly things change, several of them unfolding and stretching out into pillars then forming a protective barrier causing the plasma to just make them look like a really radical sunset for a moment.

You barely dodge the next point-and-crush as the puppets attempt to paste you once again. The gargoyle finally springs into action
leaping into the bubbles like a cat armed with an assault rifle in an aviary.  It just starts stomping all around causing them to rupture and collapse into naught.

You mind showing me through the armory and R&D? And is there a mission for me already, or do I have a chance to work on some spells or something?"

Talking, touring. See if Jus can recommend any ways for me to get stronger or get better gear.
"Well that is how humanity has always been."

They begin leading your to the left and swipe their hand at the heavy blast door you wind up at. The octagonal door slides up and away into the ceiling letting off a high pitch hiss.

"Here is R&D, currently there are one hundred and sixty two projects in development."

Behind thick glass set into the walls you see dozens of work benches manned by white cleansuited scientists. Automated engineering
drones hover on the columns of air created by their whirring rotors, their tool tipped limbs dangling beneath them working on the
various projects beneath them under the direction of their human masters.

"The drones are part of how we keep everything moving so fast, they have almost doubled the research speed. This has led to seventeen new technological advances for the general military."
He gestures at a compact thruster pack in a metal frame.
"This is part of the new jump jet technology in the LUPUS."

You continue onward into the facility

"This is the armoury, it houses all modern military armaments plus a few of our own materials."

Deeper and deeper in you go until finally

"Now we are heading to the nexus of this facility where Officer Halliwell will be working to assist you."

You enter into a large room similar to the control center of NASA. On the screens are images of all over the colony and inside the facility.

Code: (JUS_AD_BELLUM) [Select]
Third to the left, one down.

On the specified screen is a single massive looking room and inside it the form of some sort of massive Armor Frame easily 30 meters in height, it is made of white armour plate over coppery metal, one entire side of it has been scourged by something and is bubbled and boiled away.

"Ah, I see you have noticed our centerpiece... that is what let facility develop so rapidly." He gestures and it takes up the majority of the view.
"It was found in orbit inside one of the radiation belts, from it we have started researching new technology formerly thought impossible. It has been designated as Unit-0 until we figure out a way into its computer core. The most amazing thing is that the cockpit is still sealed and we can detect that the pilot is still inside. For now we are doing our best to rebuild it mostly by just pumping electricity and raw material into it, although getting anything pure enough is difficult. As for the mission, we need you to sweep the perimeter. Your frame's waiting for you outside, due to the issues with the pharaoh frame we've exchanged it for a new setup just out of R&D awaiting production to roll out."

Well, the pilot knows how much death that frame is carrying better than I do. "OK THEN!" Ditch the shield, run like hell and, if I'm not immediately deadified, join up with the pilot. Look for a good attack material: 13(comp 4) 19(comp 4) 47(comp 4) 59(comp 4).
You join your newfound friend in running from the Red Bearon, taking cover behind a tent as the place you once stood is reduced to a plain of salt. It, seems to just be preoccupied with getting the pedals to work and flailing at everything nearby to worry about a few infantryman, for now at least.

[COMP: 3/6] Spell, 13
[COMP: 1/1] Spell, 19
[COMP: 3/5] Spell, 47
[COMP: 4/2] Spell, 59

Your first spell fizzles, your second conjures pieces of leather, your third too fizzles, and your fourth and last conjures a sudden crackling discharge of electricity before you.

-snip-
Spoiler: Starting Option #1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Starting Option #2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Starting Option #3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Starting Option #4 (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 23, 2017, 07:44:31 am »

<
Turn 54
|
Turn 55
|
Turn 56
>

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wipeout (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:40:55 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 69