Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 163734 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha
« Reply #1005 on: October 03, 2017, 09:55:37 am »

((Emp & Corsair: Just so you know, I'm not frequenting on the forum much anymore. So count me out of the game too.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 03, 2017, 05:26:52 pm »

((Emp & Corsair: Just so you know, I'm not frequenting on the forum much anymore. So count me out of the game too.))
((Understood. It's been fun and in case we don't see you around again, we wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 04, 2017, 03:01:20 am »

Au revoir Aoshi! I will always value your contribution to SCIENCE :'(
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 23, 2017, 06:21:29 pm »

((Understood. It's been fun and in case we don't see you around again, we wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.))
You guys bogged down in exams or the like?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 25, 2017, 07:54:06 am »

((Yeah sorry, this semester's been crazy. Corsair has part of the turn planned but he's currently just dead on his feet.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 25, 2017, 02:49:59 pm »

Up up up up up put of the smog and try to shoot the kill points if I can.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 02, 2017, 08:01:46 am »

Yeah basically have had back to back assignments where it has been constant 10-to-midnight finishes I really enjoy running this but final sem final year is absolute death.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 19, 2017, 07:51:23 am »

In a hybrid of both science and desire for some of the most ridiculous common house tools of all time:
"19 c8 05" (12/18 COMP)
"9c" (6/18 COMP)
Kinda looking for a screwdriver with a (safe) leather handle and a screwdriver-y core of what I have in my notes as "Blood Metal". All I know is I don't want to touch it without testing it first (Which is where the lump of flesh comes in!) :P

"Second verse same as the first? Something of a mystery, a puzzle or any tricky situation that needs just a little lateral thought. I must admit I greatly enjoyed our ill-fated corporate espionage earlier. Perhaps even some more... primary directives? You didn't bet on me with no rhyme or reason after all, the house always wins and all that.
Eschewing all that dump me in a warzone and I'll make my own problems ;) .
"

While speaking to Decon, on noting the simple nature of the safe Ned grabs some thin plastic or paper from the table adorned with all the lovely drawings, carefully sprinkles and blows some dust on the thumbprint reader and presses the plastic/paper on the reader with his thumb. Hopefully the previous user didn't take the time to wipe off his thumbprint before Armageddon came knocking.

(Thin plastic preferred, or the suit I guess if it has appropriate gloves?)
(If "no dust can be found" some charcoal shavings/dust from same table)
Code: (DECOHERENT) [Select]
Oh don't you worry, we have suitable venue for you. We need you to sneak into Floor 0 and reactivate the defense grid nodes.

[COMP: 2/5] Spell, 19 c8 05
[COMP: 4/2] Spell, 9c

Your first spell summons a vintage screw-driver with a wooden leather-wrapped handle and fresh bloodstains on the tip, though said bloodstains are probably more to do with how you summoned it embedded through your forearm than its elemental composition. Ow.

Your second spell summons... a pile of bloody offal and meat, thank god you don't have to clean that up.

The safe opens easily enough, for all its reputation in the media, biometrics is more a matter of convenience than security, indeed it needs to accept a rather wide margin of error to even function in the first place to account for changes in the orientation, pressure, and general state of one's fingerprint, and in the case of this bargain-bin safe? That margin of error is more than enough for a little bit of dust and paper to crack it. Inside are several pages of handwritten notes so dense the paper is nearly black, countless perfectly scribed diagrams almost seeming to echo under your augmented vision.

It's hard to really make anything out, anything coherent at least, a few traces and words visible where it's less dense, but that's about it. You catch glimpses of mentions of conspiracies, every conspiracy, the greatest hits at least, substances being injected into drinking water, governments being comprised of inhuman forces, secret pacts being made with aliens, it's nothing new. Though they have to their credit at least mixed it up a few times with that sorta New Age cosmology and doomsaying, talk of the end being nigh, something about simulation theory and the holographic principle, and, hmm, it's pretty hard to make out, but there's a rough sketch of some sort of figure with their arms outstretched and something protruding from their chest.

James Heign:

If the room is big enough to fit a frame in: summon a Lupus around myself and shoot bloody everything that looks even the slightest bit important with the chaingun.

Else:

"Blast."

Axe the capacitors. If the drone attacks me, dodge and counterattack with the gravity gun.
Unfortunately the room proves to be just too small to summon in a frame, if you had a way to blast more the place to make more room you'd be able to, but then again, if you could you probably wouldn't be in need of a frame in the first place. You swing your axe into the capacitors heroically, madly, frantically chopping again and again but unable to really do serious damage, the casing begins to dent but as you begin to make headway the drone finally figures out that it should stop you and fires a high energy cutting laser at you to make you go away, carving a burning swathe in the floor.

[MDEF vs. UTAR: 9 vs. 1] Evading the laser.
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 1 vs. -2] Returning fire with gravity gun.

It sweeps upwards at an alarming pace, though by that point you're well out of the way. In fact it seems to have helped you more than anything, as with a burst of flames, sparks, and plastic fumes it burns through the capacitor.

There is a brief pause as time stretches from your enhanced senses, the capacitor begins to heat up from the center glowing cherry red then bright yellow as millions of coloumbs of electricity suddenly surge through its structure, no longer contained by its cage. You begin to dodge twisting towards the vent and diving inside before foot long spears of white hot metal spray the room. You can smell ozone as the power of all the capacitors is dumped through the system at once. You should run.

Code: (SOTERIOLOGIST) [Select]
Good job so far, but do not rest yet, the overload gave it 23 nanoseconds of active time.
A transmission has been detected from this facility.

Triangulation and baysian theory has detected a MASTER unit splinter program activating within
"Delicious TV Studios".

Location marked. Destroy it.

This will be an interesting episode of Platinum Chef.

"Oh, it's one of those Dragons. Fits with the yin-yang theme it's got, but it doesn't seem that strong.
Not compared to what I've seen, at least. Oh well, I guess I'll just kill it. Maybe I can make one of those demons on the other floor be my mount."
Beirus responds

Line up a shot on the Dragon while it's distracted and do a plasma strafing run. Circle back in preparation for a second run if it isn't dead. If I have to land, prepare to use my jumpjets to dodge any retaliation.
[UTAR vs. SDEF: 7 vs. 5] Strafing the dragon
[MDEF vs. UTAR: 7 vs. 1] Evading the dragon's breath
[LTAR vs. MDEF: 4 vs. 7] Evading the dragon's tackle

Wings glowing with heat, thrusters flaring to life, your frame, doesn't quite fly. Flying is for larger frames, frames that can house all the dedicated thrusters and auxillary systems needed to support them, the AVALON? It had a hell of a time craming everything needed to support its weapon systems and still remain upright. No, the AVALON does not fly so much as it hurls it through the air, an extended burn of its jump jets sending you hurtling through the air, the duration just long enough to stretch out acceleration as to not cause actual injury, though a bit of discomfort was most certainly on the menu.

Stabilizing thrusters, a sort of vestigial facsimile of the ones found on true flight frames kick into action, keeping you mostly upright and helping keep your weapon pointed right on target.

The familiar roar of plasma cries through your feed, forceful, intense, even when digitally muffled as it were now. The bolts crash into the serpent's side denoating as their containment fields give way, the beast's scales burning red hot, some ablating away under the onslaught, giving way for the plasma to sink in deeper, ripping into its battlescarred form as it is send careening into a building.

The visions in your gaze, the predicted attacks and movements, they fade away, dwindling in number. You've forced it into a corner, a disadvantage, a poor footing, though judging by the vigor of the remaining few phantasms, what you haven't done is wound it, not deeply enough at least. Whatever lay beneath that plating, it wasn't too important.

A breath attack, less a jet, and more a semi-directed explosion crashes towards you, or rather where you would've been had you not predicted it already. Brilliant tongues of what ressemble silvery flames sweeping across distance buildings, cracking and cratering as if they were struck by something far more massive. The dragon shifts and in your enhanced sight you see the beginnings of a lunging strike, like that of a viper, if vipers were giant, flight-capable, and liked to fill their mouths with orbs of burning energy beforehand.

"So, not to sound greedy, Mal, but does that work forever? I full stop can't die anymore?" Whatever Malebranche's answer,
Illiana grins and regains her self confidence. She was a frame pilot, and a damn good one. Going out on the front lines on foot to practice
being a wizard had been a bad plan, but in a frame she'd be just fine. "Lets defend some camps!"
Summon up a weapon 59 66 66 a9(comp 16) and, if it isn't mutilating the floor when it appears, pick it up in my frame's free hand.
Then leave the maitenance bay to engage the constructs.
Try to disable the autocannon quickly by using the Avalon's jump jets to get in close enough for a swing of my new weapon
(or the plasma bayonet if new weapon wasn't usable).
Code: (MALEBRANCHE) [Select]
ur existence is a constant, congrats
[COMP: 7/7] Spell, 59 66 66 a9

You summon an enormous conglomeration of springs, gears, and brass, a clockwork scythe scaled up for your frame and so dizzingly complex you have no idea what it actually does, or how it won't shatter the moment you hit anything with it. Indeed, the only thing you do understand about it is the turn-key hooked up to the mainspring and the mechanism rigged to a latch on the handle that, if you understand it correctly, will allow the mechanisms to move when pushed down. At any rate it isn't murdering the floor, and after picking it up and winding it up, it still isn't trying to murder anything either, so you give it quick push.

There's a roar of thunder as the scythe's blade is momentarily wreathed in electricity, halting only when you relax your grip on the mechanism. You're not entirely sure how it's doing that, but you've a feeling that you won't be finding out any time soon.

You start moving out of the bay, slowly at first and then with increasing speed as you get better control of the system, understanding its flow better and better. With a kick you take off and quickly identify the group of constructs in the heads up display, setting off your jump jets you rocket forwards at a terrifying rate, lashing out with the scythe as you depress the mechanism once more.

You engage the jets and fly towards your target faster than it can react and lash out with your scythe.

[LTAR vs. MDEF: 3 vs. 4] Scythe attack on the constructs, evading the electrical arcs is impossible
[LTAR vs. MDEF: 8 vs. 6] Avoiding an autoscythe counterattack
[LTAR vs. MDEF: 6 vs. 4] Avoiding an autoscythe counterattack

The scythe swings through the air inches from the smartcannon construct as the group leaps back in unison, sparks leaping between the two as the scythe grinds against its metallic form and lightning crashes through the rest of their formation.

The autocannon construct falls backwards while the autoscythe weilding constructs move in to attack seemingly undaunted by your assault. QUickly jamming the throttle in full reverse, you step backwards, not too far, but far enough that their counter attack misses, pivoting and stepping to the side, you bring your own weapon back around, the blade now swinging too fast for the constructs to avoid, not with their own gears partially melted from the prior discharge, and you quickly cleave both in half in short order. The autocannon construct stands alone now, well, it would stand alone it could actually get back up, it seems that its internals are pretty badly messed up from that first strike, seeing as MALEBRANCHE's predictions for it are half-comprised of it shuddering in place from fused gears.

Up up up up up put of the smog and try to shoot the kill points if I can.
You fly up higher pushing the engines at 127%, what little plating there is around the thrusters burning bright like a setting sun and surrounded by a mirage of ripples as they displace massive amounts of heat, kept from melting only by the airflow past them. As you push just below melting your entire frame to slag and clear one kilometer, the fumes suddenly snap out of existence no longer phasing through the atmospheric system, like a rubber band stretched till it breaks.

Floating downwards on your rapidly cooling engines you maintain an altitude of 100 meters above the surface. You see the site of the battle, now clear of everything except for an expanding ring of woodland creatures. At the edge of the zone you see where the "dust" hit some of the rubble, disassembling everything but a diesel generator the size of an apartment air conditioner.

As you continue watching on, the smog begins to coalesce again.

[TRAN: 5] Resistence
[UTAR vs. LTAR: AUTOSUCCESS] Neutralizing the biometal site

...But as it turns out, shooting immobile objects isn't too hard a task. You quickly fire the rifle emptying the clip into the kill points, one shot each with a few repetitions as needed, the twisted fields writhing as your rounds shatter what they strike with seemingly disproportionate force. The smog vanishes completely.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 19, 2017, 07:51:35 am »

<
Turn 58
|
Turn 59
|
Turn 60
>

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wipeout (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)

List of Available Frames
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:09:26 pm by Empiricist »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 19, 2017, 10:53:36 am »

James Heign:

"A hero's job is never done."

Right... run! Or... richochet-fly-move, whatever I do to move. To the next location, this "Delicious TV Studios"! If I need to in order to escape the blast, use Cataphile's Waltz.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 22, 2017, 08:32:09 am »

In case you churn out a new turn before I get back from Christmas:
Investigate the screwdriver, poke stuff with it etc, if it proves mundane retry the spell (and test out that one too).
Dig through the notes to see if any of these conspiracies seem to relate to the current goings on, the handers, grimore or the plethora of strange goings on currently

(I'll probably put a more thoughtful turn here post-Christmas, but investigating the screwdriver at least would be rad)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 24, 2017, 02:15:19 pm »

Beirus opens a comm channel to the soldiers that were previously fighting the dragon. "Open fire!
NOW!"
He barks the short order in the commanding tone of an officer, the kind of tone that doesn't leave room for refusal.

If they open fire, Use support Override to focus the shots on a single point or few points of the dragon to maximize penetration and damage. If it's charging me, that should make it easier to line up a shot on that energy orb in its mouth, so fire on that with my plasma rifle. To dodge, Use my jump jets or any other mobility options to evade and put myself in a position to stab or shoot its head.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 24, 2017, 11:52:22 pm »

Finish off the last construct with another zap from the electroscythe, then spend some time examining the battlefield. Wind up the electroscythe and send a message to someone important requesting a promotion in light of my apparent immortality and ability to create such things as electroscythes and state of the art mechs from thin air.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 25, 2017, 12:05:53 am »

Well, that was good.  Reload, Repeat!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: December 25, 2017, 04:59:25 pm »

Well, that was good.  Reload, Repeat!

You already neutralized the sites, no need to double tap.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69