Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Bay 12 Congress  (Read 10725 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Congress (7 Active Bills)
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2015, 10:48:32 pm »

They have been removed from the books, my good sir.  I have them written down for later discussion.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2015, 10:55:30 pm »

Space program bill: Abstain
Religion Act of 2015: Abstain
Naming conventions guideline act: Support
Census support act: Support
Supreme Court bill: Support
Counter-caps bill: Abstain
Power limitations resolution: proposed and supported
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2015, 10:59:47 pm »

((Looks like we're never going to have an official Space Program.  Everyone is voting 'abstain' on the bill.))
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2015, 11:03:00 pm »

((Looks like we're never going to have an official Space Program.  Everyone is voting 'abstain' on the bill.))
Change my vote to neither, as both work equally well and I can finally go through the first link.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2015, 01:00:15 am »

I support the Census bill, and ask what is that power limitation bill, and what exactly would be the role of the supreme court.

I also suggest that bill stay open for voting for up to two days after the last vote, then pass if they have a majority in favor and at least 4 Congress members voted on them.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2015, 01:48:05 am »

I am for the Religion Act, for the Naming Conventions Guidelines Act, support the Census, for the Supreme Court Bill, against the Counter-Caps Bill and for the Power Limitations Resolution.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2015, 01:49:59 am »

Perhaps we should lower the succeed/failure vote requirements to what it was before? New senators may be joining but old ones are also leaving.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2015, 01:54:20 am »

Ptw

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2015, 10:49:17 am »

I support the Census bill, and ask what is that power limitation bill, and what exactly would be the role of the supreme court.

I also suggest that bill stay open for voting for up to two days after the last vote, then pass if they have a majority in favor and at least 4 Congress members voted on them.

The Power limitation resolution (not a bill) is intended to keep overpowered players/avatars from going full on godmode in 'we are our avatar' styled games by making posting in such a thread a binding agreement to follow OP/GM guidelines for what is/is not acceptable power-wise.

For example: my avatar is Id, the demon of Elru (from the game Xenogears), he can literally destroy the entire world, burn any living thing to ash, hurl warships weighing many tens of thousands of tons with his mind, kill god, etc., this resolution makes it so that if I post in an 'avatar' style game, I am restricted in the same fashion as other players.  It's mostly so we can tell if someone is actively trolling a game.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 10:53:15 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2015, 01:09:47 pm »

The Power limitation resolution (not a bill) is intended to keep overpowered players/avatars from going full on godmode in 'we are our avatar' styled games by making posting in such a thread a binding agreement to follow OP/GM guidelines for what is/is not acceptable power-wise.

For example: my avatar is Id, the demon of Elru (from the game Xenogears), he can literally destroy the entire world, burn any living thing to ash, hurl warships weighing many tens of thousands of tons with his mind, kill god, etc., this resolution makes it so that if I post in an 'avatar' style game, I am restricted in the same fashion as other players.  It's mostly so we can tell if someone is actively trolling a game.

"I AM AGAINST THIS BEING IN THE RTD SECTOR, AS WE OUR ARE AVATARS STYLE GAMES WILL MOST LIKELY BE MINIMALIST, AND ALSO THAT ROLLS DOMINATE, NOT RULES THAT IMPEDE FUN. IT ALSO VIOLATES THE FREEDOM OF GMS AND PLAYERS TO NOT DO WHAT THEY WANT."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2015, 01:35:58 pm »

"I cannot quite recall if I had abstained from the resolution, but if I had abstained, your reasons have convinced me to support the resolution."

(I've got an idea of a change that can be made after the 'Golf Day' this Saturday.)

Perhaps we should lower the succeed/failure vote requirements to what it was before? New senators may be joining but old ones are also leaving.

(Petition the congressbeings that have not voted by PM.  Granted, I've got an idea for a better system to be used next week, so that will really only apply this week.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:43:13 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2015, 03:15:02 pm »

Right, I might as well get cracking on approving or disapproving these.
Space Program: I don't care.
Religion Act: Oppose. The constoadtution already says not to pick fights with other posters.
Naming Conventions: Depends on what you mean by "guidelines".
Census: Abstaining.
Supreme Court: Approve under the condition that it's contained within this thread.
Counter-Caps: I vote to rephrase the bill with "excessively" tacked onto the end, but make it apply to all forumites.
Power Limitations: /me casts Approve.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2015, 04:02:31 pm »

I realize that I've fallen behind on my duties, so here are my new votes.

Religion Act: Nay. Legislating further on this matter is unnecessary and tyrannical almost by definition.
Naming Conventions: Aye.
Census: Aye.
Supreme Court: Nay. We have the courtroom, that should be enough.
Counter-Caps: I've already voted yes on this one, but I'd like to reiterate my strong support for the measure. Darn similarly named bills. I vote Nay. It is undemocratic and unprofessional to target legislation at specific persons, especially our fellow members of this august body.
Power Limitations: Nay.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:05:58 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2015, 11:08:41 pm »

(Fairly unproductive day.  Might have thought there would be speeches trying to convince people to vote for a side, but nope.  Silence.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2015, 03:58:13 am »

*suicide bombs the congress for not passing any of my bills*
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9