Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Bay 12 Congress  (Read 10750 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Congress
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2015, 06:03:01 am »

Poketwo, Andres,  have a particular reason you would like to speak as to why in order to convince others, or would you like to keep your reasons of opposition personal?
It's a role that's already filled by all members of the community with access to the 'Report to moderator' button and instituting such an official service would have no one join at best and be used as a method to shame "trolls" who merely have a differing opinion at worst.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2015, 06:10:04 am »

I OBJECT TO THE SO CALLED 'CIVIL' NO CAPS-LOCK ACT!!!!! WHAT ABOUT THE MEMBERS THAT HAVE A CURSE THAT THEY MUST ALWAYS USE CAPS LOCKS OUT SIDE OF PERINTHISISE????"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2015, 06:19:47 am »

We hold this truth to be self-evident: that something that exist is greater that something that does not, as such, a beard is greater than a not-beard.

The superiority of beard having been established, we request that an Upper Chamber of the Congress be opened for for bearded members, that they might provide proper oversight over the lower, unbearded masses.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2015, 06:59:55 am »

We hold this truth to be self-evident: that something that exist is greater that something that does not, as such, a beard is greater than a not-beard.

The superiority of beard having been established, we request that an Upper Chamber of the Congress be opened for for bearded members, that they might provide proper oversight over the lower, unbearded masses.
Sexist?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2015, 07:06:35 am »

How dare you suggest that women can't grow beard? The bearded community of Bay12 include males, females, dwarves, dragons, pieces of fruit and more.

We won't let us be boxed in a single stereotype, you beardist scum!

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2015, 10:06:21 am »

Andres: I note your concern about the service being redundant to the 'report to moderator' function; however, that is a misunderstanding of its goals.  While it can aid the moderator in identification, that is not its true goal.  Its aim is to inform users who to put on their 'ignore' list so that they do not have to see the posts.  In fact, its original founding was due to a person getting a report from human resources of using company internet to look such images up, when they had just visited a thread that was struck by a shock poster.  They very well could have lost their job! While these shock posters would ordinarily be dealt with quickly' this one struck when The Great Toad was asleep. The Great Toad cannot maintain surveillance at all times, so this service acts to protect people without the addition of further moderators that could fracture the community.  Does this information change your opinion, Andres?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 04:57:26 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2015, 04:52:59 pm »

(A short review of the current bills, now that I have access to my laptop to get everything in proper:

Spoiler: Currently Active Bills (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:09:41 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2015, 04:59:48 pm »

What about the Bearded proposal? We are being suppressed by the leadership!

Here are my votes:

Three-Day Real-Day Trial Bill: Nay
Trollwatch Service Recognition Bill: Aye
Caps Lock Act: Nay

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2015, 05:03:19 pm »

What about the Bearded proposal? We are being suppressed by the leadership!

(Ah.  My mistake.  I had missed it as, of the ones there, two of them were mine so that I knew of them, and the other two were bolded.  I'll edit it in.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2015, 06:00:02 pm »

I vote against the clearly sexist and speciesist beard act.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2015, 06:24:08 pm »

I second the Bearded House Act. The stewardship of the bearded as pillars of the community is right and natural, and to codify this truth into law is to codify reason itself into law. This is very silly.

Spoiler: Democracy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:26:52 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2015, 06:28:21 pm »

I propose the mustache amendment to The Bearded House act, which stipulates that mustaches, and indeed facial hair, is counted as a beard for the purposes of legislative privileges.

I trust this amendment will be regarded as germane and will be accepted by my bearded compatriots.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2015, 06:32:28 pm »

I OBJECT TO THE BEARD ACT, SINCE ITS A CLEAR VIOLATION OF MINORITY RIGHTS, AND SUPPORTIVE OF INSANE TYRANNY INSTEAD OF GENERAL INSANITY.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2015, 06:40:08 pm »

I OBJECT TO THE BEARD ACT, SINCE ITS A CLEAR VIOLATION OF MINORITY RIGHTS, AND SUPPORTIVE OF INSANE TYRANNY INSTEAD OF GENERAL INSANITY.
I also vote in favor of the caps-lock act, and suggest rapid enforcement.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2015, 06:41:34 pm »

"Despite having what may be constituted as a beard under the act, I am against such a change.  The arguements given upon its creation of the bearded being of greater status than those without reminds me too much of various policies enacted by several tyrranical governments that have existed over the past century.  As an example, the Apartheid regime in South Africa.  Though in that case it was of Whites and Blacks rather than Bearded and Nonbearded, similar arguments were used by those who would gain or wished to keep power.

On another note, the Troll Watch Bill has been passed by a five to one margin."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:44:36 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9