Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Strange question about tilesets and websites  (Read 2554 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Strange question about tilesets and websites
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 06:03:34 am »

No color schemes. If I do it with workshop draw, it would use the default one. Same for the other programs that load up tilesets for previews, they dont accept color schemes.

Why 16x4x4? If I use 4 color schemes in theory, wouldnt it make 4x4=16 sets?

But yeah, color schemes would require automation. :/
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 07:16:17 am »

No color schemes. If I do it with workshop draw, it would use the default one. Same for the other programs that load up tilesets for previews, they dont accept color schemes.

I only mentioned it because you mentioned the colorscheme in your first post.

16 (colors) * 4 (colorschemes) * 4 (tilesets).

You can organize it such that you have a complete colorscheme in one file, sure, but you also need to "index" properly into this to get the right color. This is doable, certainly, but it's something you need to have in mind when writing the HTML/CSS/Javascript needed to render everything (because I'm assuming you don't want to generate all the renderings manually for every comic).

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 07:47:58 am »

How does the .cmv movie player on the map viewer site work? I noticed that the .cmv was exported in vanilla tiles and resolution/etc, then the movie player translates that into something flash can work with, might be handy to dig around in there to see what they did?
The CMV doesn't contain any tileset information - it just has the character indices and colors, and the player has to use its own tileset in order to display those characters (which could potentially just be an ordinary font, such as "Terminal" on Windows).

Incidentally, this is why you shouldn't record movies while you're using a custom graphics set - unless the person playing the movie is using the same custom graphics set, everything will look strange.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 12:56:41 pm »

I only mentioned it because you mentioned the colorscheme in your first post.

16 (colors) * 4 (colorschemes) * 4 (tilesets).

You can organize it such that you have a complete colorscheme in one file, sure, but you also need to "index" properly into this to get the right color. This is doable, certainly, but it's something you need to have in mind when writing the HTML/CSS/Javascript needed to render everything (because I'm assuming you don't want to generate all the renderings manually for every comic).
I would actually do that manually.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 07:45:53 pm »

What Pidgeot isn't mentioning is that he's just made something similar.  Maybe we could adapt that?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 09:48:05 pm »

What Pidgeot isn't mentioning is that he's just made something similar.  Maybe we could adapt that?

Dammit, PE, I was trying to keep that as a surprise :P

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 10:17:35 pm »

A surprise.  On the internet.  Publicly developed.  Under a permissive license??
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 10:19:52 pm »

Well, I'm surprised, so it worked. :P
Pages: 1 [2]