Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diplomacy.  (Read 1949 times)

h27kim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Diplomacy.
« on: August 29, 2016, 10:57:25 pm »

How often do peace treaties happen?  And if they do, how do they take place?

I'm not that experienced at Dwarf Fortress, yet, but, at least in my gameplay so far, peace treaties never seem to happen.  I became curious since I seem to have wound up with a queen of the Dwarven civilization who is really a member of Goblin civilization (I think...it's a bit of long story, described in another post:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160287.0 )  So I am currently cut off from any contact with the Dwarven civ--no liaisons, no caravans, no migrants.  My civ is at war with the humans so the only trade is with the elves, with the attendant, eh, limitations, and I need the means to dispose of worn out masterwork clothing and other junk, which requires caravans.  So will the trade with the humans ever reopen in this world?

Haymaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 11:11:15 pm »

I have noticed nowdays that after dumping rotten food, corpses and gibs, refuse haulers start dumping unowned damage items. So make yourself several more hauler, assuming you want to get rid of the worn out mastercrafts for FPS/storage reasons

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:05:13 am »

For your situation, after world generation ends, peace treaties don't happen anymore. Inside world gen, maybe it is linked to changing rulership? It is unknown.

Just store worn clothing on refuse pile or something and accept the bad thoughts.