Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Ulitmate Marksdwarf Guide - Get Them Training Much More Frequently  (Read 55556 times)

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ulitmate Marksdwarf Guide - Get Them Training Much More Frequently
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2016, 04:18:39 am »

As a general rule of thumb it is best simply to keep markdwarves out of melee combat. Crossbows make terrible hammers but if they are made of silver or another dense metal they can at least do some minor damage. Wood ones are laughable in this regard.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2016, 01:50:02 pm »

Hey there,
can someone confirm if setup in this guide still works as of 0.42.05? Have scheduled orders, training room, bolts and everything according to the guide but i still have 1 or 2 dwarfs doing archery training. All other just stand around with soldier (no activity ).

For the most part, yes, but the "Train: 1 minimum" thing has been fixed. Leave it at ten, that might help. Also make sure you have enough archery targets.

Does it still work? It worked fine for me in earlier versions, but in 42.x (specificallly, I'm on 42.6) I haven't been able to get them to use the archery targets.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

DoktaYut

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:OCEAN_DEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2016, 02:08:35 pm »

Does it still work? It worked fine for me in earlier versions, but in 42.x (specificallly, I'm on 42.6) I haven't been able to get them to use the archery targets.

If you can get regular barracks to work normally for them, then treat the archery targets themselves as barracks and it should work fine. Just make sure the range area is big enough and that you have enough targets, because it's one per dwarf.
This is a Bay 12 Forum Post. Written on the item is a signature entitled Thoughts on Signatures, authored by Dokta Yut. It concerns the elaboration, selection and display of forum signatures. The writing is very concise, yet it has a touch of humor. Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.

fuzzymonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2016, 09:16:06 pm »

I tried doing this but cant get it to work. I uploaded my save here. My archery squad is called the Crystals of Pattrnng. On the equipment screen all their positions uniforms have a green checkmark next to it, so I presume there are no equipment issues. I also checked and they all have bolts in their quivers. I set my training orders to train 1 minimum for every month. I made 1 archery target for each squad member with ZTIQ enabled on each, with the direction being from top to bottom (which is correct in this case).

What am I missing?

StarWars1981

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2016, 01:35:31 pm »

This is a minor necropost, FYI. Please watch that and don't do it. We dislike it.

Anyways, use the (capital) P menu inside of (m)ilitary (e)quipment to check what specific equipment they have that.
If they're all set, then move on to the Orders. Sounds like you need to set the other 9 standing orders per month. I could be wrong.
If not that, make sure their ammo is set to (C)ombat and (T)rain in the (f)Ammunition menu inside (m)ilitary screen.
Failing all that, do as I do: Screw training them, send them into combat when you want them to gain XP.
Kill wildlife if you've got it.
Or breed dangerous/many creatures.
Or just wait for a siege and hope they don't dodge out of the tower.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2016, 02:20:55 am »

This is a minor necropost, FYI. Please watch that and don't do it. We dislike it.
Who's "we"?

Necroing is encouraged over starting a new thread, as long as it's still relevant.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:23:09 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]