Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how to locate a crime syndicate  (Read 2034 times)

Aramara Meibi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
how to locate a crime syndicate
« on: May 03, 2015, 10:46:53 pm »

i followed my lord's lead on a crime syndicate location in the far northern reaches of my civilization. The trek took several days crossing two mountain ranges and skirting around a goblin civ. Now i've reached the town ready to deal some justice, but I have no clue where to look. I found a temple which lead to some tombs but they were clear. No sewer as far as I can tell.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how to locate a crime syndicate
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 09:05:44 am »

If the person you spoke to told you that the bandits have a town, I'm pretty sure you want to target the law-giver/lord/lady etc. in the keep. Not sure about this, but that's what I tend to do.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Aramara Meibi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 01:41:52 pm »

I found a Lord, a goblin lord, but, according to other townsfolk, he belongs to the same faction which established the town. I've found a lawgiver and a captain as well. Is there any way to figure out which faction they belong to?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 04:05:50 pm »

It's for these sorts of confusions that i copy saves and go into legends mode. I know some people think it's cheating, but it's not really believable for a bandit force who is powerful to take over a town would be difficult to find information on.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 06:49:43 pm »

In cities, the bandits are usually hiding somewhere underground, in the sewers or catacombs. There's typically a floor hatch on the first floor of the main keep. If you take it down, you'll reach the underground area where the criminals are located. They don't attack on sight, at least in 0.40.x.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Aramara Meibi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 02:09:12 pm »

would it be safe to say, then, that the lone captain i found in the catacombs is the crime syndicate? is 'captain' a title reserved for mafia bosses? he was grey, not purple, so he's not a noble... correct? i guess i was thrown off by the fact that he didn't attack and also seemed to hold the town lord in high regard.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 01:52:01 pm »

If the person you spoke to told you that the bandits have a town, I'm pretty sure you want to target the law-giver/lord/lady etc. in the keep. Not sure about this, but that's what I tend to do.

Or just kill everyone.

That seems to work.
Regards,
Dampe

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 01:05:20 pm »

Or just kill everyone.

That seems to work.

+1
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 09:02:31 pm »

would it be safe to say, then, that the lone captain i found in the catacombs is the crime syndicate? is 'captain' a title reserved for mafia bosses? he was grey, not purple, so he's not a noble... correct? i guess i was thrown off by the fact that he didn't attack and also seemed to hold the town lord in high regard.
That's what I assumed because I had that same thing. I just slaughtered the guy.

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong. Checked legends and the guy had absolutely no connection to the criminals. Also killed the lady of the town, again no connection. The guy I'm looking for is an Usu Spryswims, and when I ask people in town about her they just say "She is the commander.". So I have no idea where to look and I've killed two innocents just trying to wrap my head around the crime syndicate feature.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:55:49 am by bsnott »
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*