Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.22.107.21a Released  (Read 20416 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.22.107.21a Released
« on: October 02, 2006, 09:17:00 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

Changes

There will be families and guards in new world towns, concluding the first third of the Bustling Town Arc.

There's a wait key in adventure mode now (period), as well as some helpful "are you sure?" prompts.

Various bug fixes -- including the clothing acquirement bug, the shield equipment bug and some ashery bugs.

A fairly small update this time...  the process is ongoing.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Mud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.22.107.21a Released
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:26:00 pm »

Small, but important. It's great to see Adventure mode really starting to come together. Any word on what's next?

Also, I'm assuming that families and guards don't apply to evil (goblin, kobold) towns at this time?

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 09:27:00 pm »

Thank you for the sleep confirmation!  And also for the wait key, now it's easier to relax after smashing something thirty spaces away.

EDIT:  I hate to be picky, but the front page lists Sept. 25 as the release date for the new version, although everything else was changed.  Just a heads up.

[ October 02, 2006: Message edited by: Cerej ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:39:00 pm »

Ah, whoops.  Should be updated now.  Hopefully that's the big problem with the release this time!

The other two things here are nextish as far as the adventure mode additions go.  That would conclude the Bustling Town arc.  Then there's probably going to be fire and lighting, and then some survivalist/more town stuff possibly including staying with a family or renting a room, then into making caves/cave civs more interesting, though the exact route has not been decided.  Nothing has been changed about the caves...  at least not intentionally.

For dwarf mode, I'm not sure.  I had wanted to do the specific pile interface this time around, but I'm still thinking out the bin types...  still a problem somewhat.  I might do the building interface instead.  Or think about fixing the stay inside order...  there are lots of lots of things on the list.  I'll do something anyway.

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 11:37:00 pm »

Yeah, if in doubt - act !  :)

odd2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 12:00:00 am »

code:
# Core43, TOWN, IMPORTANT LOCATIONS, (Future): Make the important people stay in relevant locations. 
Make the keep in the capital more interesting. Interesting adornments.
Add a bit more culture to the mead hall where the mayor and drunks stay.

Really off topic, but what's the deal with the mayor? Are all mayors drunkards, or are all drunks members of city hall? Will npcs like the mayor eventually have their own housing and so on?

[ October 03, 2006: Message edited by: odd2k ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 01:00:00 am »

They all have their own housing now -- with the exception of whoever first move into the town during the history.  It doesn't give them houses yet -- but that could be just a bunch of kids the way it doesn't keep families together right now.  One of the upcoming thing is to have better houses with stuff for the merchants and mayor.  And then more for the keep and so on...  should do quite a bit over the next weeks.

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 05:14:00 am »

I am, pleased to see that work on the CORE things is being done !

As ever, thanks Toady.

Fenek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 07:25:00 am »

quote:
fixed problem with flows not respecting floodgate/door destruction

Is this a bug stomp (never experienced it), or solution to the permafloods?

[ October 03, 2006: Message edited by: Fenek ]

oksir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 10:40:00 am »

My game crashes continually (at least every 15 minutes) in this new version. In the previous versions I had no crashes whatsoever. I am making potash, which was changed in this version, but it doesn't always crash at a certain point. I haven't found a specific action which always crashes the game, but it does happen fairly often. If you want the save I can put it up, but I don't have anything specific to look for yet.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 12:28:00 pm »

It was the bug where the channel left by a floodgate next to a water source wouldn't fill when the gate was destroyed.

Yeah, if everybody's having crash trouble, I guess we'll hear about it.  I haven't ever been able to reproduce a crash that happens 10+ minutes after the fact, because there's too that happens in between the load and the crash.  We can wait a bit and see if anybody else is crashing reliably, and if nothing happens, I can run through the save if you like.

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 02:18:00 pm »

It looks like Skull Totems are working now... I didn't see it in the change list though

Are they supposed to be worth so much? The base price for a simple beakdog skull totem is 500. Add in quality multipliers and it gets insane.

[ October 03, 2006: Message edited by: GauHelldragon ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 02:37:00 pm »

Nah, I didn't fix it yet.  Totems for certain species probably work because they line up with whatever's bugged properly, and then other variables are incorrect and it makes the value wrong.

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 02:39:00 pm »

Oh ok weird... I've managed to make 59 totems so far from 10 different species, I usually am only able to make only 6 or so

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 02:46:00 pm »

Ah, I did change this one initialization part for job creation in general (this fixed the ash to potash job), and it might carry over to change the behavior of totems without necessarily fixing it completely.
Pages: [1] 2