Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Agar.io cell MMO  (Read 98819 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Agar.io cell MMO
« on: May 04, 2015, 10:39:18 am »

http://agar.io/
You play as a cell and eat smaller cells trying to become the largest cell. Once eaten by another cell you start all over.
This game was mentioned in the happy thread and got a few people hooked.

Use this thread to talk about strategy for the game, new stuff added to it (not sure if they are adding to it or not), and find out names that give your cells special skins.

Names list- (PM if any of these do not work)
(ones I have seen so far, PM me if you find a website with a list of skins for the game or if you have a large list of working skins)

[Countries- there are a lot but these are the ones i have seen or used]
France
Poland
South Korea
Japan
United Kingdom
USA
Brazil
Iraq
Canada
Switzerland
Taiwan
Germany
Pakistan

[To hell with an organized list, pick and choose]
Hitler, Nazi, Ayylmao, Earth, Moon, Ming Dynasty, feminism, patriarchy, 4chan, reddit, 8chan, 9gag, piccolo, Stalin, German Empire, Imperial Russia (Russian Empire?),

(list from another person)
2ch.hk, 4chan, 9gag, australia, austria, ayy lmao, bait, bangladesh, belgium, bosnia, botswana, brazil, bulgaria, cambodia, canada, chile, china, cia, confederate, croatia, denmark, ea, earth, estonia, european union, facepunch, feminism, finland, france, german empire, germany, greece, hitler, hong kong, hungary, india, indiana, indonesia, iran, iraq, ireland, italy, jamaica, japan, kc, latvia, lithuania, luxembourg, maldivas, matriarchy, mexico, moon, nazi, netherlands, nigeria, north korea, norway, origin, pakistan, patriarchy, peru, pewdiepie, piccolo, poland, portugal, prodota, qing dynasty, quebec, reddit, russia, sanik, satanist, sealand, south korea, spain, stalin, steam, sweden, switzerland, taiwan, texas, thailand, tsarist russia, tumblr, ukraine, united kingdom, usa, ussr, vinesauce, yaranaika

[many many many others coming soon I am sure]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 10:15:23 am by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Agar.io cell MMO
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 11:14:46 am »

Here's some more:

Hitler, Nazi, Ayylmao, Earth, Moon, Ming Dynasty, USA, feminism, patriarchy.

There were others that I don't remember the specifics of, at least one Eastern European country, 4chan, reddit, 8chan, 9gag.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 11:18:29 am »

I saw a piccolo from dragonball z skin as well.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 11:20:12 am »

I'm pretty sure almost every country works. I also saw Switzerland, Canada, South Korea and Iraq.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 11:21:12 am »

The 8chan one is "8ch", I think, and I can confirm the others. Brazil and North Korea are both in there, too.

It might be easier to find the countries that don't work.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:27:43 am by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 11:22:02 am »

I saw Stalin, Taiwan, Germany, German Empire, Imperial Russia (Russian Empire?), and Pakistan.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 11:24:19 am »

I've seen actual funny ones

"The Sun" was my particular favorite.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 11:25:56 am »

Pretty fun. Got into 5th place in US east a while ago as ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 11:30:11 am »

I got 4th or 3rd in US west as fire i think.... it was three hours ago...

Pretty fun

Updated 'list'

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 11:33:32 am »

I propose bay12 players (who don't want to use a skin) put [b12] before their cell name, lets see how many other bay12ers you can find.

Also what region is most used by bay12 players?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 12:12:27 pm »

who will give you tides now

digestion

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 12:32:00 pm »

The game has some weird netcode issues - my connection has failed several times and restarted me with the tiny ball.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 12:53:14 pm »

If it helps, here's how I keep getting to 1st-2nd place:

Start off not giving a shit, keep zooming around and gobbling until you're about the size of the green spikeballs. Then find one of those to play, or better a cluster. Camp there, pick off anyone you can, and pop any cocky big blobs that try to outstrafe you. The real danger zone is when you're around twice the diameter of the spikeballs; you're slow enough that you can't instantly escape, you're big enough for the leaderboard players to split to grab, and there are lots of other similarly sized blobs waiting to nom you after you split.

From here on out:
  • Never split unless you're guaranteed to gain a blob that's ~20% or more of your own size.
  • Never split when a blob your size or larger is in the direction you're splitting; same goes for spikeballs.
  • Never split when a blob your size or slightly larger is anywhere on-screen, unless he is split already as well, in which case immediately GTFO after your split, because he'll reform sooner.

Once you're on the leaderboard, you're both very safe and very much in danger. Nothing is large enough to eat you if you're whole unless the top blob is monstrously fed, but everyone will be looking to shoot you with spikeballs or nom you if you split. Stay the fuck away from both spikeballs and other, similarly sized blobs. Find a safe corner of the map with few/no spikeballs, cruise back and forth nomming dots and smaller blobs in peace. If you encounter another leaderboard player, try to either avoid them or spikeball them.

--

Unrelated general tips:
  • You can leapfrog to nom blobs of similar or slightly smaller size. If you and another blob of the same size have a blob of ~30%-40% your size trapped between you, make sure you split first and land it. If they don't split, you just gained enough mass to prevent them from eating your split. If they split after you, your split's sudden gain in mass is usually enough to pop your boundaries out and gobble up their split.
  • W is good for more than spikeballing. Since you move faster when you're smaller and your W fires mass in the direction you're aimed (i.e. the direction you're moving), what you can do if you're being chased but not quite within split range of a bigger blob is to fire mass ahead of you for a quick speed boost; you'll pick it back up a second or two later. If the enemy blob tries to mimic you, they're feeding you mass, potentially enough to make you outmass them.
  • Very early into a new game, try to get someone to chase you, then gobble up a couple dots and eat them.
  • Never ever split more than once except as a final resort to avoid being eaten. It makes you supremely vulnerable.
  • Go passive after you split; hide in a side/a cluster of spikeballs until you merge again.
  • Never stay in corners. They're the easiest way to die.
  • If you're large enough to be popped by spikeballs but still somewhat resiliant, you can hug ones that are right up against walls to force bigger blobs to back off; they can't nom you without popping themselves.
  • If you do get popped, remember that small blobs have much shorter viewranges; you can use the stream of little blobs to lure medium blobs into you.

tl;dr: Small blobs YOLO, medium blobs play opportunistically, large blobs play defensively.

The game has some weird netcode issues - my connection has failed several times and restarted me with the tiny ball.
You sure it wasn't the server restart?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 01:05:51 pm »

PTW

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile