Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does anybody know how to make building-hacks powered workshops work?  (Read 1101 times)

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've never done anything with .lua before but I'm told this is a working example and I'm simply not sure where to put it if I use it as a template. Does it go in dfhack/lua/plugins?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

I'm on my kindle, so I can't open your link, but Rubble (see sig) has TONS of powered workshops.

The easy way to load a script is to put it in the hack/scripts directory and call it as a command when the world loads. Rubble uses a custom loader that is much easier to use, but only if you are adding lots of scripts.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, I'll give it a look and try to work off one of yours.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mod made by Warmist that you linked should go in hack/mods, IIRC (possibly just mods/). The hack/lua/plugins folder contains Lua files that are used by plugins.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mod made by Warmist that you linked should go in hack/mods, IIRC (possibly just mods/). The hack/lua/plugins folder contains Lua files that are used by plugins.

Thanks, I'll try it out.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you'll need to use gui/mod-manager to enable it (I'm not sure if it applies to existing saves or newly created saves only - it could depend on whether a mod introduces new buildings, reactions, etc.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.