Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roll to Survive the Collapse of a Dwarven Fortress!  (Read 4926 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Roll to Survive the Collapse of a Dwarven Fortress!
« on: May 04, 2015, 03:58:37 pm »

This game is exactly as the title states!
You are a dwarf in the prospering fortress of Dewcarts when everything begins to go wrong!
Aaaaand...

Most of you probably somehow contributed to the incident. But considering the fact that everything is currently !!GOING VERY WRONG!!, hammering will probably be suspended indefinitely!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I'm taking on another game. Hopefully this one won't die like many others I've tried to begin. Hopefully, with this one being DF themed, it will gain attention and you guys won't let it die.
Also, if you're wondering what caused the fortress to collapse, I'll work it out using your characters :P
I'll probably max out possible Dwarves to 8 per game. Assume multiple rounds, with survivors possibly founding the next collapsing fortress.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive the Collapse of a Dwarven Fortress!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:39:53 pm »

Name: Bernard Opulence
Profession: Axedwarf
Favorite Animal: Clowns for their strength
Favorite booze: Sunshine
Favorite Place: Admantium mines
Description: Bernard always thought he was the best warrior around and to prove it he wants to decapitate a clown.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 05:00:56 pm »

Name: Urist McDoc
Profession: Doctor
Favorite Animal: Crows for their cunning
Favorite booze: Swamp Whiskey
Favorite Place: Booze Storage
Description: Urist McDoc had the simple job of cleaning wounds, removing infected heads, and partying, up until that forgotten beast showed up.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 05:38:19 pm »

Name: Olon Releaseghosts
Profession: Hammerer
Favorite Animal: Cows for their haunting moos
Favorite booze: Longland beer
Favorite Place: Barraks
Description: Sturdy and tall, but quite clumsy. His black beard is double-braided.
Was appointed as a Hammerer by last order of now deceased noble.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:31:34 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 07:16:33 pm »

Name of Dwarf: Vlad
Dwarf's Profession: Lever Puller
Age: He's around 5 thousand years old. He can't get anymore exact than that due to being trapped in The Box for so long.
Favorite Animal: Vlad likes cats for their cuddliness and for their large production of available blood in the case of a relapse.
Favorite Booze: Blood
Favorite Place: Anywhere but The Box.
Any Flavortext/Background: Vlad was a necromancer (he minored in divination as well, but he is primarily a necromancer) and vampire who had come to the fort to begin a more peaceful life, away from the blood and carnage of his usual life. Unfortunately, he was discovered by the overseer and put in The Box, a chamber full of levers for him to pull for the rest of eternity. The Box did serve as a nice rehab for his blood addiction, and for that he is thankful, but he's been in there for far too long, and yearns for freedom.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:22:09 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 07:43:40 pm »

Name of Dwarf: Urist McCheesemaker
Dwarf's Profession: Cheesemaker
Favorite Animal: Likes Lions for their Manes
Favorite Booze: Ale
Favorite Place: The mists of a waterfall.
Any Flavortext/Background: A short, stout creature fond of drink and industry.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 07:46:42 pm »

Name: Sankis Vrok
Dwarf's Profession: Monarch
Favorite Animal: Sankis likes elephants for their carnage
Favorite Booze: Dwarven Wine
Favorite Place: The Throne Room
... note he has his own personal guard squad, led by the legendary Bernard Opulence. Note his scepter has a hidden bismuth bronze blade.
Favorite Metal: Bismuth Bronze
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 09:28:48 pm »

Name of Dwarf: Fath Alosoltar
Dwarf's Profession: Marksdwarf
Favorite Animal: Likes carp for their voracious appetite
Favorite Booze: Gutter cruor
Favorite Place: The Barracks
Any Flavortext/Background: Enjoys telling kids to get off his lawn, despite neither having one, nor knowing what one actually is.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 01:30:23 am »

annndd Reserve place! xD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
what a pity, only 1 young boyy xD
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:47:18 am by Delekates »
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 05:19:17 am »

(Alright, all of you made it in. I'll see what I can do here....)

Where it all begins:

Bernard Opulence, Master Axedwarf, rests again in the adamantite mine, idly extracting the string from the ore in the wall. Urist McDoc carries an injured miner through the second cavern layer. Olon Releaseghosts joyously batters a filthy speardwarf who was unable to prepare a green glass window for the mayor. Vlad idly pulls levers on command, nearing the edge of his sanity. Urist McCheesemaker milks a cow in the lowest cavern layer, near to their pasture. King Sankis resides in his Throne Room/Dining Hall/Bedroom room, attended by one young lad with a spear who just lost his family. Fath practices in the underground bunker, inbetween the first and second cavern layer. Delekates, enroute from the underground bedroom complex to the mountain top, is currently located halfway up the first stairwell. It is but a normal day.

Of course, it had to go wrong.
It all started when a young miner, only an Adept, walked past Bernard and told him "Sorry, but looks like the Philosopher wants another Adamantine toy boat, or something." He strikes his pick into the wall, but the pick doesn't stop: rather, it swings easily through the wall, ripping it apart like paper. The miner, who was bracing for recoil, instead gets flung forward, smashing a huge chunk into the rock. His screaming is cut off by a sizzling noise, and demonic laughter emanates from below. Bernard Opulence readies his axe. It's about bloody time.

Issue #2:

Vlad, the "Grandmaster Lever Puller", was sitting in his box, when the normally relaxed overseer ran over to him and frantically began screaming "DEMONS IN THE DEEP! HORRORS! PULL THE LEVER! PULL THE LEVER!" Vlad pulled the lever to close the drawbridge out of the mines, sealing seven miners in. Then he snapped. HIS KITTEN WAS DOWN THERE. THIS DRAWBRIDGE WAS STAYING OPEN. Vlad, Necromancer, is throwing a tantrum!. ALL OF THE LEVERS WILL BE FLIPPED! Seconds later, Vlad smashes through the closed door, leaving mayhem behind in the control room. He sees the overseer fleeing. That obsidian artifact door, which held him in, they told him it was unbreakable. They lied.

Issue #3:

Urist McDoc, Delekates, and Urist McCheesemaker all run into each other in the second cavern layer. They greet each other with a hello, but as they prepare to go on their way, one of the Urists spots something moving. Seconds later, a pure steel forgotten beast floats out of the maze-like cavern walls. It expels a trail of gas behind it, obviously carrying some kind of horrid syndrome. While the Urists first instinct is to run directly up, Delekates decides to hell with it, and runs the opposite way, through the caverns. The forgotten beast drifts to the stairwell, pauses, and then floats upwards.

Issue #4:

The Hammerer, Olon Releaseghosts, is gently applying his platinum artifact hammer to a spearman's head in the barracks, when all of the nearby floodgates begin opening, like someone is pulling the levers at random, or in a tantrum. Fath Alosoltar, who was shooting at the archery range, complains as a floodgate slams down in front of his target, before going back up. However, the problem intensifies when the drawbridge in the barracks to the cage room opens up, and some idiot pulls the release lever on the cages. A huge motley of captured Goblins, Giant Cave Spiders, Elves, and even worse monstrosities emerge. At the front is the worst of them... A NOBLE WHO GOT TRAPPED IN A CAGE....

Issue #5:

Sankis, unaware of any other happenings, suddenly became very aware of one major problem. Her guard, a young spearman, decides that losing his family is somehow saddening, and goes berserk. He comes at Sankis with the spear, who he almost manages to turn into finely grated Noble Cheese. However, Sankis manages to dance out of the room, avoiding the spearman. However, the spearman, unable to be deterred, chases him angrily.

(Your goal is to either fix ALL the problems, or just escape the fecking fortress)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 06:12:15 am »

Noble leaves his cage. So, he must be beaten. Even if all the monsters must be beaten before that!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 06:46:21 am »

"Enough with you! Don't you know I am your king?"

If he snaps out of it, go back to the throne room and pull my lockdown lever. If he doesn't... scepter blade activate, stab stab stab.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 07:13:37 am »

Wait for the clown to come through then decapitate it and pick the head up with my gauntlets and run up the stairs to show everyone.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 07:35:04 am »

UH OH, TIME TO FLEE!!!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 09:10:44 am »

Flee! Trip Urist McCheesemaker if the beast gets to close!
Pages: [1] 2 3