Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to Survive the Collapse of a Dwarven Fortress!  (Read 4884 times)

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive the Collapse of a Dwarven Fortress!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 11:46:23 am »

delekates Looks closely at the monster then flees with others!
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 11:54:17 am »

Flee! Trip Urist McCheesemaker if the beast gets to close!

Kick him in the back teeth if he tries!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 02:03:46 pm »

Olon

Olon's first target is the obvious one, the vile noble who ordered the construction of crystal glass hatches. However, it seems that this will not be so easy, as the noble is already decapitated. Those Giant Cave Bats work fast. Olon stands on the drawbridge, beating back the hoard, when the bridge rises again, flinging him back into the stairwell, where he tumbles down. He hears the drawbridge re-open behind him. He hits the bottom on the stairwell with a broken left big toe, and many bruised limbs. Also, he notices that there are demons here. Well, shit...

Sankis

The king tries to snap his guard out of it, but when a dwarf goes berserk, a dwarf stays berserk. The king tries to pull a blade out of his brass scepter, and finds that the only thing that comes out is a giant pair of bronze pliers. Seems like he wasn't holding his sword scepter today. The spearman stabs at him, but the king neatly cuts the spearhead off with the pliers... somehow...
[Damn you got a lucky roll at dodging then counterattacking, but a less lucky one at actually having a scepter weapon.]

Bernard

Bernard has a plan to decapitate a demon with his bare hands. This plan, however, dissolves into smoke, as the demon that emerges from the hole is on fire. He would not want to strangle that. Instead, he swings at it with his trusty =iron axe=! Which... instantly melts. He chucks a copper coin at it, causing it to be temporarily stunned by molten copper.

Urists

Both Urists continue charging up, and it seems the forgotten beast is unable to keep pace with them. However, as they come out in the dining hall, it bursts from behind them. Urist McDoc considers tripping the cheesemaker, but it is obvious that there are already enough targets for this FB. It latches onto two nearby dwarves and sucks the life from them. Oh, and it appears that the main entrance to the dining room is a bit moist, as there is a stream of water coming from the way out. The waterfall passage must have flooded...

Delekates

Delekates cannot see the monster anymore, but that is no reason to assume that it will not return! He puts as much distance between him and the monster as he can, and soon finds a large opening in the cavern, filled with tribal Animal People. However, they seem almost ambivalent about his existence, so he does not try to kick their back teeth off.

Issue #6: Waterfall passage malfunction. Inbetween the entrance of the fort and the fort itself, the overseer set up a water fall mechanism to keep dwarves happy. However, in Vlad's frantic lever flipping, he closed the floodgate draining it. Now, the water has collected there, and is pouring into the fortress. That leaves two alternative exits: One being the lava passage, which has lava flowing through it at all times except 4 hours a day for maintenance, or the megaproject, but you'd still have to jump quite a ways down.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 02:15:37 pm »

Olon is not as mad as to beat demons into submission. So, he opts to run upwards as fast as he can, ignoring his poor broken toe.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2015, 02:17:29 pm »

"... wait a minute. A brass scepter? Where's my BISMUTH BRONZE SCEPTER! Bismuth bronze is above all other metals!"

Pry open the berserk speardwarf's heart. Call for help from my royal guard.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 03:06:03 pm »

fuck dat im outta ere. dreams can wait till later.

Run opposite direction to demons and get to the mega project everyone knows mega projects are the safest place to be

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 03:15:15 pm »

"Quickly everyone get out of my way!"

Search for a less flooded exit, shoving away any dwarf that gets in my way.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 03:19:07 pm »

Name of Dwarf: CYBORGDWARF
Dwarf's Profession: MILITARY CYBORG(THINK CLOCKWORK AND LEATHER FOR PARTS)
Age:  MEANINGLESS, WILL NEVER DIE OF AGE, OR HAVE TO RETIRE BECAUSE OF IT.
Favorite Animal: LIKES AUTOMATONS FOR THEIR MECHANICAL SUPERIORITY.
Favorite Booze: I RUN ON A PITCHBLENDE-WHISKEY FUSION REACTOR
Favorite Place: THERE IS NO FREE-TIME, ONLY TRAINING ((Barracks))
Any Flavortext/Background: Urist Mcinsertnamehere was once a simple hauler, but after falling down one of the cavern-bridges, he was massively crippled and near death. Da mad Dok soon used him to experiment on the limits on mechanics-based healing. Da Doktor soon declared success, and Urist was reborn, far faster, stronger, and tougher than he was before. He was supplied with the latest in military technology (Adamantine gear). He however, lost his memory, and has little use outside of killing anything in his path, due to military training.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2015, 03:24:57 pm »

Any Flavortext/Background: Urist Mcinsertnamehere was once a simple hauler, but after falling down one of the cavern-bridges, he was massively crippled and near death. Da mad Dok soon used him to experiment on the limits on mechanics-based healing. Da Doktor soon declared success, and Urist was reborn, far faster, stronger, and tougher than he was before. He was supplied with the latest in military technology (Adamantine gear). He however, lost his memory, and has little use outside of killing anything in his path, due to military training.
No. Just no.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2015, 03:26:06 pm »

No. Just no.

TO INSANE?????

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2015, 03:37:11 pm »

After finishing the casting of the divination spell he cast to determine what the !@#$% was going on (last turn's action), Vlad remembered that he had pulled all of the levers in The Box. He decided to rectify that issue by animating some of the dead skin and fingernails that he had left behind there and giving it the following commands:
1. Restore the levers to the state (up or down) they were in immediately before I was told to pull the lever that controlled the gate to the mines.
2. Obey the overseer.
3. Don't leave The Box unless ordered to by the overseer.
Only rules two and three are permanent, after rule one is completed, it is dismissed.

Close the door and lock it after the abomination is created and commanded. After that, head to the graveyard. Vlad is going to need an army if he is going to save Softy and escape this horrid place.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 03:48:58 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 03:51:20 pm »

No. Just no.

TO INSANE?????
I think Coolrune206 would like the sheet better if you didn't capitalize everything and misuse "too/to/two".
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:18:33 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2015, 03:52:39 pm »

Delekates is she :3 And she looks around for an exit, not in a hurry, trying not to make any confuse around Animal People.
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2015, 05:33:29 pm »

"Quickly everyone get out of my way!"

Search for a less flooded exit, shoving away any dwarf that gets in my way.

FOLLOW JUST BEHIND HIM, BUT JUST BEFORE, GRAB ANYTHING FOR SELF DEFENSE
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2015, 10:02:28 pm »

Fath is sick of all this shit. Begin gunning down everything in sight in the order of filthy nobles > elves > clean nobles > goblins > Giant Cave Spiders > berserk vampires > berserk dwarves > unspeakable horrors > Anything else that draws breath that isn't a friendly dwarf > friendly dwarves
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3