Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer  (Read 20858 times)

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2015, 05:13:27 pm »

After I almost cried tears of joy upon first sight of the new adventure mode, I decided that there needed to be another adventure mode anthropologist.
-An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer-
The Adventures of Lord Cikul Knifejoke
The Under Appreciated Anthropologist of Steel
-A Fortress History-
The Founding of an Egypto-Dwarven Outpost
Life in Canyonfuture

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2015, 07:06:35 pm »

I'm interested.We can write our own documents in adv mode now.Now I can truly write my book: "101 Ways Of Murdering Goblins And More"

I also think it would be neat to keep a musician/poet/writer companion so he can spread your tales when you die.
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2015, 02:16:02 pm »

Yaknow, I never thought of that having a bard around just so someone remembers what you have done....
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2015, 09:14:12 pm »

Idea:Rescue orphan kid from goblins,use DFHack to give him super writing skills and lots of blank books,make him follow you around for years until you die,make time run faster by sleeping with another char and finally go to legends mode to see if your companion wrote something.

Also now that people tell stories I wonder how much of the world's history can we learn just by going into taverns and talking to people.I also wonder if some really old necromancer that knows all civs from year -100 can write an entire historical book concerning everything that happened in the world.Bonus points if he writes the thing in the Age of Death and you and him are the only people left alive.
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2015, 10:51:51 pm »

Idea:Rescue orphan kid from goblins,use DFHack to give him super writing skills and lots of blank books,make him follow you around for years until you die,make time run faster by sleeping with another char and finally go to legends mode to see if your companion wrote something.

Also now that people tell stories I wonder how much of the world's history can we learn just by going into taverns and talking to people.I also wonder if some really old necromancer that knows all civs from year -100 can write an entire historical book concerning everything that happened in the world.Bonus points if he writes the thing in the Age of Death and you and him are the only people left alive.

He is a man living all alone in goblin site devoid of any goblins.

So much history about alcoholics and a beast whose whereabouts no ones knows.

Give me until the end of finals (mid next week) and I'll get a new adventure going.
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture

Iamblichus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2015, 03:51:37 pm »

I have a 500 year old medium sized world that has a library in a Forest Retreat.  Humans conquered it around 100 and built a library.  It looks like there are both human and elven scholars working there.  Might be an interesting location to study the clash of cultures.  I don't know if giving you the seed would result in a forest retreat library because it looks like there is some randomness in world gen but I have a save of the region from before I started a game that I could upload somewhere.

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2015, 01:44:21 pm »

Ok. Now that finals are over, I can give you guys a 42.03 anthropological adventure. I can use a world gen from you guys or use a world in which I've bee using in both modes previously.
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]