Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Distant Worlds Interactive LP: The Empire of Man  (Read 10295 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Distant Worlds Interactive LP: The Empire of Man
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2015, 12:36:48 pm »

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2015, 07:03:44 pm »

(I was playing through, and due to some unexpected developments im going to play a little further before I put out this update.)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2015, 07:53:09 am »

Oh dear lord this is going in my sig and I will treasure it forever.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2015, 06:23:59 pm »

Update #3: Boring Worlds

Name: Cornelius Beardius Scoopzen Von Landshut
Imperial Title: Emperor of Humanity, King of Earth & Nispes Minor 3, and 67th Baron Munchën

"Greetings Lords and Ladies, let this session of Parliament begin! First, I will announce that we have been attacked most nefariously by Villaceyan pirates. The gall... they do not even attempt to hide their piratical nature! They delivered us an ultimatum of course, but the Empire of Man will not be so easily bullied! Not only did we declare the messenger a traitor, we convicted him on reports of being part of a rebel alliance. He was taken away...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the other hand, a group of fools labeling themselves the "Menacing Gang" very gladly provided us with another possible colony location...

We gladly accepted. However two problems have arisen. The Grand Imperial Navigation Officer informs me that we will not be able to colonize our first candidate colony, and even if we could the ship we recovered could not possibly cryogenically sustain human life without substantial refitting. Blast. However...

We have scouted our original colony-candidate's system and it seems that we found a modern world populated by humanity, if they cannot be incorporated peacefully in to the empire... perhaps fear will keep them in line? Meanwhile, our adventurous scouts continue to encounter a number of abandoned ships and bases to... varying effect...

Trade, internally, and with a number of indecent nations (whom we have yet to establish official diplomatic contact with) continues to flourish and our research efforts progress, albeit at a slow place. For the moment we work towards the proposed Ruusan Institute to further our empire's research and to educate its brilliant minds...

Though we have suffered a few minor pirate attacks our strike forces are more than adequate to deal with this rebel scum. Our economy does well though we are starved for cash for a new fleet as our empire's infrastructure expands. Most military funding is directed to the fortification of the Capital Worlds."

I would also like to ask the Congress of Lords to further expand upon their interests in the field of research. If we are to stay a galactic power then we need to focus our efforts!

(OOC: Also, if you guys are interested, we can turn this very much more in to a succession game. I'm going to be unable to play for the month of July so we can try it out if you guys have interest? I'm sure I will make a better player and you guys better emperors than I! I'll still catalogue updates of course, and get around to putting in the lordly lists.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:30:02 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2015, 07:38:18 am »

((Unfortunately, I don't own any of the DW games. Would love to if I did. Also, what (if any) automation settings are you using?))
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2015, 09:32:21 am »

((So I loaded up the save file and found out a few things.

1)It runs on Shadows but not on Universe, at least for me.
2)The map is absurdly huge 15X15. I can use the save now, but later on this will change, since if I want to finish a game on 10X10 I need to turn off all other programs or have the game die from eating up all my memory.
3)We have very few exploration ships, especialy for a map of this size. I usualy get 100 scouts on 10X10 maps, and even after 20 ingame years hey still find lost ships and starbases.
4)The colony ship that was found seems useless. How true is that?))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2015, 01:58:09 pm »

((So I loaded up the save file and found out a few things.

1)It runs on Shadows but not on Universe, at least for me.
2)The map is absurdly huge 15X15. I can use the save now, but later on this will change, since if I want to finish a game on 10X10 I need to turn off all other programs or have the game die from eating up all my memory.
3)We have very few exploration ships, especialy for a map of this size. I usualy get 100 scouts on 10X10 maps, and even after 20 ingame years hey still find lost ships and starbases.
4)The colony ship that was found seems useless. How true is that?))

100 scouts seems excessive. 30-50 usually explore the effective galaxy midway through, besides it always adds to the atmosphere to know there is something left unexplored. The colony ship IS useless. Sorry, I like big maps! and I am running shadows so it makes sense that Universe can't run it.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2015, 02:33:29 pm »

((I like big maps too, but my computer doesn't >_< Why is the colony ship empty, and can it be used for parts?))

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2015, 02:47:41 pm »

((I like big maps too, but my computer doesn't >_< Why is the colony ship empty, and can it be used for parts?))

It's a Gizurean colony ship, forgot to take a closer look at it. We COULD take it apart, or we could retrofit it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2015, 04:15:17 pm »

100 scouts seems excessive. 30-50 usually explore the effective galaxy midway through, besides it always adds to the atmosphere to know there is something left unexplored. The colony ship IS useless. Sorry, I like big maps! and I am running shadows so it makes sense that Universe can't run it.
30 scouts seems excessive. I generally just have 5 to 10.

Indeed, I do this.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2015, 04:42:55 pm »

((Do you people have some sort of fear of information and free capital ships?))

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2015, 06:51:52 pm »

(Yes? Also y'know, regarding the map we really aren't far into the game... you COULD start over if you wanna be emperor for a while)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2015, 07:51:04 pm »

((Nah, this is allready going. Another strange thing I noticed, is that there is a colonised Sol system within the Empire, but it is neither the capital, nor the most populous.))

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2015, 10:04:09 pm »

((Nah, this is allready going. Another strange thing I noticed, is that there is a colonised Sol system within the Empire, but it is neither the capital, nor the most populous.))

((I'd like to think some horrible event occured which the left the world scarred, and as the new capital as the wealthiest and most influential human colony around.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2015, 10:22:36 am »

((Map is fully scouted long before I need it to be anyway, and rather spend my resources on fleets of constructors so when I find the free capital ships I can refit all of them at once. Plus constructors build all the other important things too.))

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]