Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goldmoist  (Read 4855 times)

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
Re: Goldmoist
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 10:36:55 pm »

Our cook has outdone himself, yet again!

Mmm... minced water buffalo's milk...
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 10:41:27 pm »

What's the date on the fort? Supposedly that monster was born on the 2nd of Bodleian in the year 262.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 10:54:13 pm »

What's the date on the fort? Supposedly that monster was born on the 2nd of Bodleian in the year 262.
...*Obsidian

The current date of the fort is 5th Felsite, 562, Late Spring. A few days have passed since the abomination's arrival, of course.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 12:32:32 am »

So my underground farm was rather more flooded than I intended, but I fixed the problem. I expected some fun to come out of it, but the miner got out at a rather relaxed pace. It was only waist deep, after all.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

More importantly, THE BANE OF ALL EXISTENCE HAS RETURNED

Since I'm a terrible story host, I forgot to take a screenshot, but I had two fisherdwarves derping around a pool of water outside. I quickly assigned them to a squad and stationed them inside the fort, but before they arrived, they encountered a pair of sneaking necromancers, who ran away quickly. In the interest of saving my dwarves and not sending them on a suicide mission, I took my fisherdwarves off-duty so they ran away into the fort.

Quite an army. About the same as last time, I think.

Hah! No zombies getting in here this time! Say hello to my gate! It's not going anywhere, and there will be no crushed dwarf skulls today, gobby zombies!

And then there's this...

Just standing around... looking bored... and alone...

It's so tempting. So so very tempting. That's the look of a creature who could use some... fun.

I should resist. But...
Dwarven mercy.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 09:24:06 am »

Now that's gonna be entertaining after all that mess.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 09:29:36 am »

...*Obsidian

The current date of the fort is 5th Felsite, 562, Late Spring. A few days have passed since the abomination's arrival, of course.
Autocorrect is pretty weird. Anyway, wow, the child's birthday really is in the future. It's also really strange that it's tracked by days, I've never seen an age in anything other than years, even on newborn dwarves.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 12:07:21 pm »

Catch it

CATCH IT

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 08:13:53 pm »

Catch it

CATCH IT

I KNOW, RIGHT? I don't think we'll get it this time around, but now we've verified that they always come from the North, we could have some interesting trap-based shenanigans. And potentially enslaved necromancer shenanigans...
Dwarven mercy.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 09:46:24 pm »

Necessary for clown-catching shenanigans.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 11:13:25 pm »

Right, got a tad distracted by a different endeavor to build a fortress in a giant wooden tower (which has used over 2600 logs thus far).

Back to Goldmoist.

SO.

We failed to kill the necromancer lingering deliciously around the top of our fort, lonesomely. Our civilians scared him away before our single soldier could tear him a new one. Oh well.

We managed to seal the passage we made to reach him without incident.

A few other things have happened.

First of all, I don't know how I didn't notice Forgotten Beast #1's name. Very flattering.

Secondly, NO, LEAVE. JUST LEAVE. YOU'RE NOT GETTING IN HERE.

Thirdly, GOOD HEAVENS, are you trying to kill yourself?

Mazel tov.

My stupidly huge underground farm is complete, and we don't have nearly enough seeds to fill the thing right now.

And we've finally started setting up metal production. We're mostly just waiting for the illogically large magma reservoir to fill, at this point...

And finally, lo! The Fortress Savior herself was taken by a strange mood! Peculiarly, it turned her into a legendary miner instead of a mason, for some reason.

Edit:

That's an awfully depressing figurine you've made, Ms. Nilmes.

AND IF I HAD A DOLLAR FOR EVERY FORGOTTEN BEAST THAT'S WANDERED INTO MY CAVERNS I'd have like four dollars.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:31:25 pm by Skribbblie »
Dwarven mercy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 08:31:26 am »

Thirdly, GOOD HEAVENS, are you trying to kill yourself?

Lift bars for MASSIVE GAINS
Pages: 1 [2]