Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Ulitmate Melee Dwarf Guide - Understand Sparring, Demonstration and More!  (Read 39046 times)

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ideal barracks size
Are there any drawbacks to having every single one of my squads training in a 2x1 barracks containing only a candy armour stand?

Do a little science and report back. I suspect that a 2x1 barracks doesn't allow for much dodging while sparring. Did anything come out of your flushing dwarves around with water project?

kuniqs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should pair FRIENDS as sparring partners. Non-friends never sparred in my forts.
Maybe grudges work, too?

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM

Ideal barracks size
Are there any drawbacks to having every single one of my squads training in a 2x1 barracks containing only a candy armour stand?

Do a little science and report back. I suspect that a 2x1 barracks doesn't allow for much dodging while sparring. Did anything come out of your flushing dwarves around with water project?

Flushing dwarves down multiple 2 tile drops onto wooden floors does indeed give gains in armour. However it also seems to lead to neck/throat injuries even when in full plate. I'm trying to figure out a more effective/efficient way to train at present. I'm thinking perhaps dropping things from above onto my sparring dwarfs might work.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]