Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.22.110.22e Released  (Read 11320 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.22.110.22e Released
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 01:12:00 pm »

They won't empty barrels except when they eat, although you can probably get them to empty the barrels by deleting your food pile and recreating it with a small number of barrels set in [q] (do this with the game paused or your stockpile might claim the barrels before you get a chance to [q] it).  If you set the number of reserved barrels positive, and the number of maximum barrels on your food piles smaller, then when a barrel becomes empty, your dwarves will leave it empty, and they'll save enough empty barrels to match the reserve you want.

[ October 31, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Nakar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 02:06:00 pm »

What happens if I set max barrels to 0? Will dwarves refuse to use barrels at all, or will they use them if the item is in a barrel, or what? I'm honestly confused by the way reserved containers work now.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 02:51:00 pm »

The system is:

A pile will claim no more than "Max #" barrels/bins.

The pool from which all piles claim barrels/bins does not include the first "Reserved #" empty barrels.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

savagust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006, 03:17:00 pm »

Thanks Toady.    :)
I have a suggestion about barrels.
The barrels can act like armor stands/cages.It would need to be built.When first uilt, barrels deny storage of any items, then players have to visit their [q] menu and enable/assign storage of certain items.
If the barrels are empty and free(have not been built),they are used for jobs(brewing,etc).
It is just a suggestion.People may not agree that.
I would say barrels are the most important item in DF.Barrels are needed for storage,jobs and even dwarfs drink(beer) directly from them.
It is nice to see this new version solving that problem.Thanks for the great work.

[ October 31, 2006: Message edited by: savagust ]

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 07:54:00 pm »

Specific barrel placement has been something I wanted for a while, mainly to put drink barrels at strategic locations...

But I think players can effectively simulate that now by putting in small stockpiles customized to hold whatever they want for that barrel.

And, really, the armor/weapon stand system didn't seem to work so well that we'd want to go around using it for other things, did it?

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2006, 04:01:00 pm »

To be honest, I think it worked nicely.  I just wished that ballista ammo went into the racks.
Pages: 1 2 [3]