Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.22.110.22e Released  (Read 11289 times)

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.22.110.22e Released
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 10:31:00 pm »

I just created a new fortress on an old world in the new build.  I set to have 40 units of dwarven wine to bring with the original party and apparently each unit got its own barrel.  I assume this isn't supposed to happen?  I just got 40 free barrels!

ussdefiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 11:09:00 pm »

that be a old bug, from well before this version.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 11:29:00 pm »

It is?  It's never happened to me before.  I've gotten a few extra barrels with my drinks, but never have them split up into single units and giving me tons of extra barrels.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 11:48:00 pm »

Yeah, that's been a problem for a while.  And nobody wants me to fix it...

NEW VERSION UP IT FIXES A CRASH BUG THAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU SAVE AND LOAD WITH A FURNITURE PILE AND THEN LOOK AT ITS CUSTOM MENU

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 11:50:00 pm »

Now there's one person =]

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 12:43:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DDouble:
<STRONG>I get the option to bring "Nothing" and "Nothing Child" in the animals list at start. Also, there is "Nothing Meat" in the meats list (which I noticed was cut down quite a bit, not very many meats left).</STRONG>

Then you've got a domesticated animal that has spaces between the colons in the name. Check your RAW files, particularly the pig if you just copy pasted that, and you'll have to regen to fix this, sadly.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 12:52:00 am »

Yet another version, since botched the last one.  Don't save 22d games while you have furniture piles or they will be corrupted FOREVER AND EVER.  Hopefully 22e actually, say, works...
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 02:47:00 am »

As for that barrel bug - although it's nice to be able to start with a crapload of barrels, I think it's a bit too much cheating that way - and should thus be fixed.

And just out of curiousity - how many units of wine, ale or whatever does a barrel (or should) contain?

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 04:11:00 am »

Barrels can contain as much booze as was the stack that was used in it's creation, multiplied by 5 (i think) so if you have a stack of 10 plump helmets, and you get 5 drinks from 1 food item... 50 drinks can be put into a barrel, i think  :(
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 05:07:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>Yeah, that's been a problem for a while.  And nobody wants me to fix it...</STRONG>
My suggestion is to fix it when you add fixes for the stack/wine recombining issues implied above (so dwarves continue to pour newly-brewed wine into barrels until those barrels are full, rather than wasting a million barrels for half a drop of wine each.)

The two are logically connected, and once dwarves combine things more efficiently, the player won't need so many barrels anyway.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

DimmurWyrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 05:26:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Aquillion:
<STRONG>My suggestion is to fix it when you add fixes for the stack/wine recombining issues implied above (so dwarves continue to pour newly-brewed wine into barrels until those barrels are full, rather than wasting a million barrels for half a drop of wine each.)

The two are logically connected, and once dwarves combine things more efficiently, the player won't need so many barrels anyway.</STRONG>

I think a limit on this should be to lock the barrel into the brewery til filled then let it be put in a stock then it has to be emptied before it can be brought back to the brewery to be filled again. booze isn't like water where dumping more into an old barrel has no effect on it lol booze needs to be aged and all that you know  :)

now if we could make dwarves use the least full barrel they can find free it would make that viable eh?  :)

DimmurWyrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 07:00:00 am »

hmmm, just noticed a new world with new version (e) that I have 20+ empty barrels in my food stock but the dwarves are still just throwing the plumpies and sweeties on the ground instead of putting em in barrels because I guess they want the empty ones to be in a furniture stock maybe? dunno but dwarves are silly creatures :P

*EDIT* n/m they finally got around to moving em to barrels  ;)

[ October 30, 2006: Message edited by: DimmurWyrd ]

Veinless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 11:24:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Aquillion:
<STRONG>My suggestion is to fix it when you add fixes for the stack/wine recombining issues implied above (so dwarves continue to pour newly-brewed wine into barrels until those barrels are full, rather than wasting a million barrels for half a drop of wine each.)

The two are logically connected, and once dwarves combine things more efficiently, the player won't need so many barrels anyway.</STRONG>

Perhaps the craftsdwarf should be able to make smaller stone jugs to store liquids in.  A smaller capacity liquid holding device.  This would allow the starting equipment to include less or no barrels, and instead have jugs.

20,000leeks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 07:16:00 pm »

The dwarves show up with hip flasks?

Given how much they like their hooch, it does make a lot of sense.

savagust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2006, 08:00:00 am »

I feel confused about the new function.

Will dwarf start to haul the items out of barrels,or just wait the items in the barrels to be consumed,or need to build new barrels,to satisfy the number of "Reserved Barrels"?
Can I specify a number of barrels to install certain type of items,or to only be used for certain job(brewing,etc.),just like the stockpiles do?

Now, my barrels are full of food.I just want to have some empty barrels for brewing.Please teach me how to do(Except making lots of extra barrels.),thanks.

[ October 31, 2006: Message edited by: savagust ]

Pages: 1 [2] 3