Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: biggest moments of "oh s**t" that you had in MWDF  (Read 8594 times)

Lord scorch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of the steelflame fort
    • View Profile
biggest moments of "oh s**t" that you had in MWDF
« on: May 07, 2015, 07:21:17 am »

"plump helmet men for 28 points?!?!? man it feels like i'm cheating!"-leader of the short-lived fort of boltplow (year 5-year 5)
("Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
I'm 99% sure this is how Resident Evil started.)

("A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration")

("I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.")

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
Re: biggest moments of "oh s**t" that you had in MWDF
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 08:24:36 am »

When I downloaded Masterwork for the first time.

Vidox Darkling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 10:30:27 am »

I was playing Kobold Camp. I had a giant wall around my small town with all my food and stuff inside. I was under siege by a bunch of dwarven pricks who were upset at me because I stole some of their trash. I had raised the gate and conducted a raid of the trading post, where my homeland's caravan had been slaughtered. We just barely made it back in and shut the gate in time. In fact, one of the dwarves managed to slip through right before the gate shut. He was greeted by an Ogre who promptly punched him straight into the wall and torn apart by my entire civilization of Kobolds, who proceeded to butcher him and serve him with a side of plump helmet.

The screams of their comrade being torn limb from limb was enough to scare them away. The entire dwarven army said "Fuck all that noise" and made for the hills. The oh shit moment came about a month later. The second dwarven siege.

Fifty soldiers. Fifty mounts. Ten of the soldiers were masters of their weapon. All of this in the first year of Kobold Camp.

Apparently the dwarves had decided that, after the events that happened last siege, that Kobold camp was going to god damn BURN.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 03:46:23 pm »

Embarked as dwarves on a frozen ocean, digging around getting everything set up when it's suddenly Summer. The entire western half of the fortress thaws and refreezes in a week; taking with it some 20 people, the food stores, all three of my picks, half of my animals, and the only way in or out of my icy domain. I had to have the 5 survivors in the ice cavern survive on dogmeat while waiting for a miner to immigrate, meanwhile the migration waves above were left to die in the sub-zero climate. I never did get a miner, they all just killed eachother in a rage at their awful luck.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Lord scorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 07:03:18 pm »

@Emperor same here brother.

@Vidox daaaaamn...i need too do a bold camp...and a orc fort...and a warlock fort...or anything thats not dorfs... XD

@LMeire well that was...tragic...
("Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."

("I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.")

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 01:47:51 am »

Probably the time I found a Red Marker.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 01:55:21 am »

Every time someone reports a crash. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

eliandarkbrood01

• Bay Watcher
  • @>-->--
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 04:30:13 am »

Just the other day... I was playing succubi, got a trader. Oh... no problem! Just going to trade all my crafts away... No problem! Except that a titan appeared too... well.... Screw the trader. Just going to pull up my drawbridge and station my archers... waited a few minutes... traders are unpacking their goods at my trade post on the other side of the bridge.... and titan was dead near where he came in at. Looked at the trader's guards and all 3 of them were masters... and not a single one died... one trader did lose his hand though.

Lord scorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 05:43:04 am »

@Skuggen ohhhh that sounds fun, dont know what it is...yet...

@eliandarkbrood01 i love the storys of "mega beast thought he was big shit...he was not..." XD

@Meph WELCOME TO MY POST !MEPH! (grabs broom and starts too sweep frantically while smiling nervously)

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 07:41:16 am »

I have no idea how it happened, but a dwarf child turned into a were bull, which then turned into a human child... Luckly he only killed some kind of crab that was a pet of another dwarf. When I looked at his status, it said he was left indifferent after seing a pet killed. LOL, so much for being a pet. :P

Now I forgot the name of said kid, I'm sure I'll get a nice surprise at some point...
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 07:08:43 am »

When I get something to work after a long debug session, like summoning recently.

When I used Rose's syndrome weather to cover the exterior map with fire.
When I used slam incorrectly and amputated a human of everything, literally.
When I ported the magma well to reborn and realized that large meant large and melted half of the fort's metal stock.

When I sent a legendary lady of pain against 30ish marksdwarves and she dodged every single shot.
When I saw the pyromancers in action for the first time (see NukeACitrus on twitch for a good example).

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 10:59:41 am »

I was digging a 5x5 room. 1 tile in the middle was "wet". Hmm, I guess there is 1 tile of water above or under. Wrong. It was a 1 tile aquifier, flooded the whole floor. :D Should have put the door in first :D

Lord scorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 11:23:51 am »

@Vhorthex CRAB BATTLE!!!

@Boltgun also a huge fan :D using slam "incorrectly" results in chronic where'd-my-every-thing-goitus?...i dont think i WANT too know what happens when its "correct"

@windalu ya know what this mod needs?....scuba gear...ohhhhhh the !FUN! too be had... >:3

eliandarkbrood01

• Bay Watcher
  • @>-->--
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 07:41:30 am »

Well... just had another one... I just started a limited pop Succubi fort with a decent setup... 15. 3 Incubi, 12 succubi. Just got doing well with 3 warriors and 2 archers to start it off. Training well too. Was capturing wildlife, taming and training them. Got about 5 leopards and 2 direwolfs! (whoohoo!) Just got a decent setup for a fortress... and about 7 dwarfs with a few pets show up. Caught them all, stripped them and placed them all in the same cage... I am guessing somehow word got back to the dwarven civ. 52 mounted dwarf warriors each with either an armored bear or an armored other pet (cant remember the name) came to recapture the dwarfs. My thought process... Um... I don't have enough cages/cage traps. I decided to put everyone in the military and grabbed whatever they could for weapons... Well... I got one kill to their 15.

FloodedTyphoon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 11:35:25 am »

The biggest "oh s**t" moment I had was when my custom race spontaneously began to melt in room temperature air and when I climbed into water, the water instantly froze. Being encased in water, I died. Instantaneously.
Pages: [1] 2 3